Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'd like to know what type other enfp's have had as parents and how this might have helped shape who they became. if ur parents were strict did it help u to become more organised or less so because u rebelled?
nature? nurture?

my father is entp and my mother is isfp. i was allowed to do basically whatever i wanted growing up. i don't have time to write any more for now.

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts
Well, I use to think my mom was a different type but as I learned more about the mbti, I discovered she is a ESFJ. She use to be strict on me when I was a child, now she takes a hands off approach which is perfectly normal.:cool:

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
My mother is an ESFJ that has been shut down and drugged up, and whored up. Now she's some odd ISFP thing. That isn't really ISFP but hmm.. odd. I can't explain it completely.

My father is a healthy ISTP.

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I use to think my mom was a different type but as I learned more about the mbti, I discovered she is a ESFJ. She use to be strict on me when I was a child, now she takes a hands off approach which is perfectly normal.:cool:
do you think her being strict on you as a child helped you to be more on top of things?

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My mother is an ESFJ that has been shut down and drugged up, and whored up. Now she's some odd ISFP thing. That isn't really ISFP but hmm.. odd. I can't explain it completely.

My father is a healthy ISTP.
that's awful that they did that to her. it must be hard on you,i'd imagine.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
:p I suspect the theory that numbers come from life experience is true. It's probably why I'm an 8. I've had a fucked up life but as an ENTP. I've learned to deal with it and take advantage of it. :) So I'm fine.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
My mother used to frustrate me with how she cared about what other people thought about her. It still irritates me.
I'm the 'rebel' I am today because everyone insists that I should be like everyone else in the world.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Mom ENxJ most probably ENTJ
Dad Either ISTP or INTP or INTJ most probably INTP
Sister ESFJ

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
My dad is officially an ESTJ, although he prefers to be an ISTJ.
My mom is an ISFJ.
I knew my dad would either be an ESTJ or an ISTJ...seems like I was RIGHT!!! :crazy:

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
My mum is a ESFP, and i'm not too positive what my dad is, he is most likely a INxP.

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
Just a guess for mine, I should get them to do the test though.

ISFJ mom
ESTJ dad

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
My mom is an ESTJ and my dad is an ENFP...

Huh...no wonder I don't really buy into gender stereotypes XD

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Mom is ESFJ and the most selfish person on the earth- who like to make believe she is some laid back go with the flow type of person- when its in her type to be somewhat of a control freak.

My Dad is an ISFJ

:dry:

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Dad is INTx

Mom is ExxJ

Haven't made them take the tests yet but I'm pretty sure of those letters.

Dad made me more rational. Mom made me more responsible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
my mother is an - INFJ (so we get along great) who is always doing something for somebody- amazing women.

my dad is an- INTP (so we never see eye to eye) who just cant ever ever ever stop working or thinking about work, so we dont get along even more cause he cant understand how all i care about is fun.

but im the only ENFP in my family.

older bro- INTJ (validictorian, double major, college prof)
me- ENFP - (black sheep, rebel, athlete)
younger sister ISFJ (never goes out if its not work related)
younger bro- ISTJ (loves rosetta stone, bust out homework, spends lots of time alone)
youngest bro- ISFP (amazing artist, but a little smart ass, thinks he is always right, and never admits when he is wrong)

the thing that really sucks is being the only E in my family.......

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think my dad is an ENTJ and my mum is an INFJ.
My sis probably is an INFP.

I should force them to take the test one day, though...

1 - 20 of 104 Posts