Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm recently realizing that I'm very dependent on people for entertainment. People are my hobby.. when I'm bored or down then I seek out people, and it can be anyone from a really good friend to a random person in a café.. just walking into a bar full of people and smiling all round makes me feel better. But this means I'm dependent on people in order to feel happy, and when I feel all alone (apart from when I'm recovering from a social event), then if there is nobody to talk to it can get me down. I live alone and end up spending a lot of time on facebook/skype/chat with people...
I think it might be nice to have some kind of hobbies that don't involve people, so that I can feel happy alone more of the time... I want to learn to be an introvert ;-). I'm not sure if that's possible...but it might be interesting to try...Any suggestions?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I usually listen to electronic music when I'm high while chatting with friends on Facebook and Windows Live....

Then I'd go to my favorite conspiracy site and read up on those :D

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually listen to electronic music when I'm high while chatting with friends on Facebook and Windows Live....

Then I'd go to my favorite conspiracy site and read up on those :D
That's "While chatting with friends" dude ;), I want to know if there are any ENFPs who enjoy doing something that doesn't involve people in any way... ?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Bummer... Hmm

I sit down in a park, think about life in general.
I read science fictions novels, fictional novels.
I sleep.
I try mixing some songs.
I play some music on my synthesizer.
I practice a lil dancing :D

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
when I'm home alone, I usually

frolic around the apartment singing
read a fabulous book
play old GBC/GBA games on an emulator while playing old episodes of Psych in the background
go through my manga folders on my computer and read anything that has a title I don't recognize (which basically means rereading everything I haven't read in a while)
doodle
sketch out some character designs
do a few dozen chain battles on The World Ends With You
NAAAA NANANA NANANANA NA KATAMARI DAMACY~~ usually on a new save file, then maybe make the moon eternal on an old save file if I get frustrated with replaying the harder levels
make a pot of macaroni and cheese or spaghetti or something else that takes a little while to cook, eat it while marathoning Psych
marathon an anime that I've been meaning to watch
grind for a while in Pokemon HG, Digital Devil Saga, FFXII, anything else that I've been meaning to beat
replay Okami, P4, Kingdom Hearts, etc
grab my iPod, put on my dance playlist, ROCK OUT LIKE A NERD WITH POOR PHYSICAL COORDINATION in front of a mirror

most of these involve video games, but yeah, I usually turn to my games when I'm bored. then the next time I see my friends, we have long involved conversations about GODDAMNIT TABOO MINAMIMOTOOOO ON ULTIMATE or DEAR LORD WHY DOES KANJI'S SHADOW EVEN EXIST OH GOD NIGHTMARES or WHY DID WE DECIDE TO PLAY SILENT HILL ALONE IN THE DARK OH GODDDDDDDDDDDDD. it's awesome.

sometimes I'll just chill out at a bookstore and read in the aisles, or go through the nonfiction shelves at the library and pick out random interesting-looking books to read. or go through the library's cd collection and pick out albums with interesting-looking covers or titles or band names. I've found a lot of really amazing music that way.

mostly I do things that I enjoy, that don't feel like work. playing good Disney movies or old seasons of my favorite shows in the background usually stops me from feeling lonely, even when I'm hanging around by myself for a few hours.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Make something that endup catching on fire
Play video games with people I don't know
Throw kitchen knifed into boxes
Watch funny videos on YouTube
Troll people on other forums
Troll people on Facebook
Talk to random people on the bus on my way to school
Make hardstyle/dubstep/hard trance and or DnB
Do the Melbourne Shuffle
Turn up the bass in my apartment to piss people off (360 watts on 6 speakers lolZ)
Make Thai food for myself
Go walk around in the city
Have emphipanys.
Write RP stories
Think about the world and how i can make it better.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Personality Cafe
Read up on subjects of interest
Look up favorite actors'/musicians/people of interest interviews and biographies
Play some guitar and sing
Reflect and introspect
Listen to music
Watch a movie or series
Write a little and/or post on message boards
Read
Think, think, think, think
Try to dance but fail
Learn to do/make something new
Draw/doodle
Make/Experiment with Food
Make Thai tea
Walk around outside
Sexual Self Gratification
Play a video game of some kind
Commentate and narrate various occurrences happening around em
Ride my longboard
Write someone (or more than one) a letter even if I communicate with them daily or they live nearby
Daydream
Enjoy a nice, long, hot shower or bath
Write a song

I dunno. I"m sure there's more. At the moment I am kinda alone, there are other ppl in the house, but I don't really feel like doing much of what was listed because I need totally privacy to really enjoy doing those things.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm someone who likes a bit of alone time. Mostly for processing!

When I'm on my own, I like to:
-watch documentaries on TV and talk at the television
-write stories
-read stuff
-play an instrument (I do guitar and drums)
-go out and take pictures--backyard counts as out!
-sit and watch the stars (difficult in the daytime, so instead watch clouds)

I know what you mean about coming away from a social event and feeling empty or lost; what I learned to do was use the down-time and quiet time to reminisce, or get things done for myself. We tend to get caught up in making everyone else happy, so it's nice to for me to keep my own company and do things for me once in a while.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
I love being alone, but I prefer to be alone with one other person. :')

If I'm camping, I hike in the woods or sit by the river, or lay in my tent and dream. I take notebook so I can write.
If I'm driving, I might go a different way to see what happens.
Or drive to a city nearby to see what's there.
At home I read or go on line or watch 'moto moto' clips and dance to "I like to Move it, move it"
I walk from room to room feeling bored.
Sit with my feet up in front of the fireplace.
I watch Lifetime movies or Psych marathons! Love that show, tuna!
Lift wieghts.
Write poetry unless I'm blocked.
Try to take a nap but I can never sleep, so I lay there and dream.
Go online and communicate.
If I'm out alone, I go to bookstores, have coffee, sit and write, or go to a park.
Go to craft stores. I used to go to museums, but we don't have many here.
At Christmas time I love to check out Christmas displays.

Reactions: LolImsorry

·
Registered
54 Posts
When I'm alone I mostly do my homework :sad: stupid school! always taking up my time!

Otherwise I:
put on some music and sing a long
dance, but FAIL... and fall and hit myself
go for a walk
Personality Café
read novels, manga and history/philosophy/psychology books
TETRIS or ROBOT UNICORN ATTACK!
sleep
daydream
take the bus somewhere
people watch
daydream
daydream
daydream
think about life and stuff
Go completely blank... Not high! just ... blank
doodle/draw
cook and eat
answer emails that should've been answer long long ago :dry::frustrating:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I absolutely adore being around people, but sometimes being alone is just so bloody good.

I used to watch tv shows, The Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood. I loved the character development.
Now I'm into reading books. Going through The Hound of the Baskervilles at the moment. Oh Lord just thinking about having a good read is making me want to do it now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i end up wasting my time on facebook and other social networking sites so that i can stay connected .
Read
pursue my hobby

but if that time increases my dependency increases and i feel sad bout not having someone next to me :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm recently realizing that I'm very dependent on people for entertainment. People are my hobby.. when I'm bored or down then I seek out people, and it can be anyone from a really good friend to a random person in a café.. just walking into a bar full of people and smiling all round makes me feel better. But this means I'm dependent on people in order to feel happy, and when I feel all alone (apart from when I'm recovering from a social event), then if there is nobody to talk to it can get me down. I live alone and end up spending a lot of time on facebook/skype/chat with people...
I think it might be nice to have some kind of hobbies that don't involve people, so that I can feel happy alone more of the time... I want to learn to be an introvert ;-). I'm not sure if that's possible...but it might be interesting to try...Any suggestions?
I don't think you should try to be an introvert. There have been recent scientific studies that prove being an extrovert or an introvert is physiological - brain development. But picking up something low key like yoga or chess could help you focus on your inner self more. Hope I helped. :D

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I'm dependent on people in order to feel happy
One thing I feel ENFPs are actually good at is bringing depth to the extrovert shine. So when I am alone I listen to classical music, read great (or at least quite good) writing, muse imaginatively - or create music or writing. When I was young I was a bit tight and prim, and I knew I couldn't create out of that. Now I have the complexity and energetic curvaceousness, if you will, to always have something that wants to be created.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I read, I surf the internet, I watch movies, I catch up on the dvr and tv shows, I watch sporting events, I write fanfiction, I write poetry, I write random little stories, I sing, I play piano, I listen to music, I dance, I pretend, I daydream, I sleep, I talk to myself, I play video games, I pretend my cats are people and have conversations about philosophy with them, I talk to people who aren't there and have full conversations with them by saying both sides of our conversations. I imagine conversations with people where I couldn't think of a comeback and say a really scathing and witty comeback and listen to all the oohs, ahhs, and burns from my friends. I color, I grade papers, I write lesson plans, I pin things on pinterest, I read wikipedia, I go on IMDB and try to find obscure actors from movies I've seen, I write meta posts about my favorite fandoms, I walk around claiming everything is my precious, because I love gollum from LOTR, I draw rather poorly, I trip over my own feet, I injure myself, I bake, I cook, I think of funny jokes and laugh out loud at them, I play word puzzles and games on my kindle fire, I read fanfiction, I look up my medical symptoms on WebMd because I'm a hypochondriac, I take personality quizzes/tests online, I check my email incessantly, I watch youtube videos.

I am never bored.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What I do when I'm alone
- Meditation (Go inside myself)
- Skype/Facebook
- Youtube Videos about Personal Development
- Make Music with FL Studio
- Play the Guitar
- Enjoy plaing on the piano while forgetting the time
- Sing some songs or try to write own Songs
- Freestyle
- Eat something good (If I got some ingedients)
- Reading books about philosophy or about giacomo casanova
- Go making some nice photos (Brr it's so cold right now)
- Go into the forest and enjoy the silence
- Approaching women on the street (Okay but then I'm not alone hehe)
- Think about my life, how to be different
- Dreaming about better places, where the sun is shining all the day and everywhere are happy people
- Sexual Gratification
- Sleeping and try to get a lucid dream
- Just listening to music and relaaaaax
- Think about things that I can do :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts