Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny thought. But for some reason when I am introverting or want to stay alone I do not resemble INFP typical behavior. I'd be;

~ Thinking of future plans and to-do lists
~ Relaxing physically
~ Remembering situations with friends and so on. It is at those moments that I remember birthdays or if a certain friend had expressed a desire for a gift.. remember what some friends did to me as favors and feel like planning to repay them somehow.
~ Organizing and sorting out my books, my room, my duties.

Even when reading a book or watching TV alone these are the thoughts that are in my head.

I didn't include internet, as I view it as one of the social things as the friends on msn would be completing the talk about stuff we did when we were out. So it is basically a completion of the social scheme in a virtual world. I'm talking about real introversion. When I need to lay face down on the bed and be left completely alone for no apparent reason.

These "complete isolation" days occur at a frequency of 2-3 days/ month.

There are introverting phase cycles that take on weekly and sometimes monthly stances. Those are when I can go out, but not as frequently and want time with new people to just relax and listen to them talk. When entertaining becomes draining and checking up on people become a chore - which i still do, just not with the same enthusiasm. In those phases I have a new book occupying my thoughts or loads of planning and duties to attend to that I am occupied with. I wouldn't call it introversion as much as I would call it *pre-occupied* Some weeks later, all is back to normal again and bounce back.

Are these similar to other ENFP cycles?

Reactions: Mayhaw and spring

·
Banned
3,764 Posts
Funny thought. But for some reason when I am introverting or want to stay alone I do not resemble INFP typical behavior. I'd be;

~ Relaxing physically
~ Remembering situations with friends and so on. It is at those moments that I remember birthdays or if a certain friend had expressed a desire for a gift.. remember what some friends did to me as favors and feel like planning to repay them somehow.
Perhaps, you are more of an INFJ when you are introverting.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps, you are more of an INFJ when you are introverting.
Interesting thought. I should ask my INFJ friend what she does at home.. *rubs finger on chin thoughtfully*

·
Banned
245 Posts

~ Relaxing physically

Even when reading a book or watching TV alone these are the thoughts that are in my head.

I didn't include internet, as I view it as one of the social things as the friends on msn would be completing the talk about stuff we did when we were out. So it is basically a completion of the social scheme in a virtual world. I'm talking about real introversion. When I need to lay face down on the bed and be left completely alone for no apparent reason.

There are introverting phase cycles that take on weekly and sometimes monthly stances. Those are when I can go out, but not as frequently and want time with new people to just relax and listen to them talk. When entertaining becomes draining and checking up on people become a chore - which i still do, just not with the same enthusiasm. In those phases I have a new book occupying my thoughts or loads of planning and duties to attend to that I am occupied with. I wouldn't call it introversion as much as I would call it *pre-occupied* Some weeks later, all is back to normal again and bounce back.

For my ENFP introversion, I enjoy/prefer being alone about 40% of the time. I like to read, study interests (currently astrology and nutrition), practice yoga and meditation, go to movies by myself, practice trades, play with my cats, cook gourmet meals, paint and hike. I avoid any human like the plague.

I think I, maybe all of us ENFP's, need so much time alone because I invest so much in people-- encouraging, listening, helping etc that it just takes it out of me. I'm such an intense and passionate person that without introspection I just become bitter and unproductive. I would then pull inward even more, until I could center myself and emerge to back to ENFP. I think everyone's shadow type, or type they become in their alter ego, is different. For myself, I'd say i feel like an artsy, free spirited INFP sometimes, and other's INFJ.

I've learned to love this part of myself though. I experience and observe so much in the outward world every day. I don't feel like i truly digest anything until I pull it into a little inward nook and analyze it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Interesting that you use that term, "introverting". I say it to my friends usually, when I'm... well... introverting (which means they'll have to start conversation or I'll just stand there). But mostly, I just slack. Of course my mind never stops going from place to place, but to actually pinpoint such thing is a hard thing... even then I don't know if there would be any difference from the moments I'm extraverting. So, same old.

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
Its only logical for me to go INFP when I'm introverting (if that is even a word):crazy:. I get all emo when I want to be left alone and reflect on life. I usually lay on my bed thinking future plans like you Nyx, but I fantasize things that are impossible to get or at least never likely.

Reactions: spring

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For my ENFP introversion, I enjoy/prefer being alone about 40% of the time. I like to read, study interests (currently astrology and nutrition), practice yoga and meditation, go to movies by myself, practice trades, play with my cats, cook gourmet meals, paint and hike. I avoid any human like the plague.

I think I, maybe all of us ENFP's, need so much time alone because I invest so much in people-- encouraging, listening, helping etc that it just takes it out of me. I'm such an intense and passionate person that without introspection I just become bitter and unproductive. I would then pull inward even more, until I could center myself and emerge to back to ENFP. I think everyone's shadow type, or type they become in their alter ego, is different. For myself, I'd say i feel like an artsy, free spirited ISFP sometimes, and other's INFJ.

I've learned to love this part of myself though. I experience and observe so much in the outward world every day. I don't feel like i truly digest anything until I pull it into a little inward nook and analyze it.
Yes. Humans = Plague.
I have yet to love this part of me, though. I get all anxious that I am letting people down. So that's why it is limited to just days, because by the end of those I'd be getting guilt pangs.

Interesting that you use that term, "introverting". I say it to my friends usually, when I'm... well... introverting (which means they'll have to start conversation or I'll just stand there). But mostly, I just slack. Of course my mind never stops going from place to place, but to actually pinpoint such thing is a hard thing... even then I don't know if there would be any difference from the moments I'm extraverting. So, same old.
great minds~

Then someone comes sits next to you and goes, with a sincere look *why are you so quiet, is something wrong? you are never quiet* -- grr!

Its only logical for me to go INFP when I'm introverting (if that is even a word):crazy:. I get all emo when I want to be left alone and reflect on life. I usually lay on my bed thinking future plans like you Nyx, but I fantasize things that are impossible to get or at least never likely.
Sandcastles and Icecream trucks :crazy:

I don't know about the logical way to go. I never really related 100% to any profile. ENFP was one of those things to fill a slot, dunno, didn't have any *eureka omg this is so me* moments.:unsure:

Reactions: susurration

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
Yes. Humans = Plague.
I have yet to love this part of me, though. I get all anxious that I am letting people down. So that's why it is limited to just days, because by the end of those I'd be getting guilt pangs.

great minds~

Then someone comes sits next to you and goes, with a sincere look *why are you so quiet, is something wrong? you are never quiet* -- grr!

Sandcastles and Icecream trucks :crazy:

I don't know about the logical way to go. I never really related 100% to any profile. ENFP was one of those things to fill a slot, dunno, didn't have any *eureka omg this is so me* moments.:unsure:
I don't know. I get that ENFJ/ENFP/INTP mix from you depending on the season. I think your bipolar. :mellow:

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know. I get that ENFJ/ENFP/INTP mix from you depending on the season. I think your bipolar. :mellow:
ENxx who is a INTP/INFJ wannabe :crazy: It can't get messier.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts

~ Relaxing physically

ISTJ prolly. I am a ESTJ when I am extroverting. Depends though ...you should look at your functions and seee which ones you are relying on....lets do that now haha

ENFP = Ne Fi Te Si Ni Fe Ti Ne

K You are either relying on Fi or Si. From the sound of planing and what not.....Ill prolly say Si and you prooobably use Te to back that up. ...my intuition tells me im right but i dont know :p hope that helped

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ISTJ prolly. I am a ESTJ when I am extroverting. Depends though ...you should look at your functions and seee which ones you are relying on....lets do that now haha

ENFP = Ne Fi Te Si Ni Fe Ti Ne

K You are either relying on Fi or Si. From the sound of planing and what not.....Ill prolly say Si and you prooobably use Te to back that up. ...my intuition tells me im right but i dont know :p hope that helped
I don't know if this makes sense but it feels like a Si-Ni-Fe-Ti combo..

Do all the other ENFPs become INFPs when they introvert?

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
I don't know if this makes sense but it feels like a Si-Ni-Fe-Ti combo..

Do all the other ENFPs become INFPs when they introvert?
In order for you to come infp....you'd have to switch your Ni Fe to Fe Ni and Te Si to Si Te. That's not terribly hard. I switch to ENFP sometimes but most of the time I switch to ESTJ. You are most likely not going to use your last four functions. The first four are the main ones that you explore throughout a life time so i doubt it is a si ni fe ti combo.

ISTJ

Si Te Fi Ne How about this? Does this seem familiar? plus...you will prolly go back to enfp mode in order to use intuition. It's sort of complicated. Basically your going to be using these four functions in different orders.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hrm. I'm glad you posted this topic. You see, this is actually something that poses great confusion for me every month or so. :dry: Am I ENFP or INFP? Sometimes I'm passionate and engaged; other times I'm relaxed and passionless. I am glad to hear that other ENFPs aren't all full of energy to engage other people 100% of the time. Whether the term 'introverting' is real or not, it seems to describe the situation well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My E isn't very strong so I introvert a lot. When I introvert, I hide out in my house and read, watch anime, listen to music or read forums online... I can do it for days on end... In between activities I daydream about the future. I make pros/cons in my ind about which path to take... I become either INFP or INFJ when I introvert, which is a lot.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hrm. I'm glad you posted this topic. You see, this is actually something that poses great confusion for me every month or so. :dry: Am I ENFP or INFP? Sometimes I'm passionate and engaged; other times I'm relaxed and passionless. I am glad to hear that other ENFPs aren't all full of energy to engage other people 100% of the time. Whether the term 'introverting' is real or not, it seems to describe the situation well.
passionless would be accurate for some of my phases yes. Are the INFPs passionless, I'm wondering?

My E isn't very strong so I introvert a lot. When I introvert, I hide out in my house and read, watch anime, listen to music or read forums online... I can do it for days on end... In between activities I daydream about the future. I make pros/cons in my ind about which path to take... I become either INFP or INFJ when I introvert, which is a lot.
Interesting, another closet INFJ ^^

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I think I actually get... cold. >.>

·
Registered
53 Posts
Its interesting. I go through introversion periods myself. I hate being alone if its not by choice, but if its by choice, then I enjoy my quiet time. I read, watch tv, workout and clean house.

Nice to know that I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I introvert I get really critical of everything around me. If something is a little off beat, it'll consume me with anger. But I also finally have time to shut my mouth and actually think about something in great detail so I feel enlightened. I don't know what you'd call that... :tongue:

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When I introvert I get really critical of everything around me. If something is a little off beat, it'll consume me with anger. But I also finally have time to shut my mouth and actually think about something in great detail so I feel enlightened. I don't know what you'd call that... :tongue:
melancholy, stress, anger. Essentially it means you want to be left alone when you aren't feeling well.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.