Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I was just going around the forum and watching quite a few ENFPs challenging others, being outspoken, and going on tirades. Lol. It's cracking me up. Even if our values between us ENFPs differ, we obviously have them and seem to go on similar hyperfocused missions once values are violated. The way we express at that point is pretty similar. In addition, I find a strength to go to the death if necessary while expressing the violation.

This might also be why I'm often confused for ENTP at times. But as ENFPs, we are not always harmonious people pleasers that go with the flow. Nor do we cry or hysterically lash out during disagreements. Especially after what I've witnessed to day. As I've been noticing, we often speak our minds. It also appears that when our values are tread upon, we often use Te to support it and express ourselves using it. It's not about "feelings" or making anyone happy at that point. We take on a very different tone. When a value is tread upon, I know I tend to look at the logic of what someone else is saying or the linear progression of the argument. I know it surprises people at times. All of a sudden the receiver/s may think, "What happened to the fuzzy bunny? She must have had her feelings hurt." Nope that is not what it is. Matter of fact, I'm as cool as a cucumber. Fi made the judgement and now Te is going to justify. Let's go for a spin.

It probably works in our favor that people underestimate our capability to use logic.

What do you all think? Do you have examples of your Te supporting your Fi?

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Wow, I was just going around the forum and watching quite a few ENFPs challenging others, being outspoken, and going on tirades. Lol. It's cracking me up. Even if our values between us ENFPs differ, we obviously have them and seem to go on similar hyperfocused missions once values are violated. The way we express at that point is pretty similar. In addition, I find a strength to go to the death if necessary while expressing the violation.

This might also be why I'm often confused for ENTP at times. But as ENFPs, we are not always harmonious people pleasers that go with the flow. Nor do we cry or hysterically lash out during disagreements. Especially after what I've witnessed to day. As I've been noticing, we often speak our minds. It also appears that when our values are tread upon, we often use Te to support it and express ourselves using it. It's not about "feelings" or making anyone happy at that point. We take on a very different tone. When a value is tread upon, I know I tend to look at the logic of what someone else is saying or the linear progression of the argument. I know it surprises people at times. All of a sudden the receiver/s may think, "What happened to the fuzzy bunny? She must have had her feelings hurt." Nope that is not what it is. Matter of fact, I'm as cool as a cucumber. Fi made the judgement and now Te is going to justify. Let's go for a spin.

It probably works in our favor that people underestimate our capability to use logic.

I get really pissed off when people try to censor my sense of expression, and I often find it hard to control myself from going off on people.

Reactions: Inverse

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I get really pissed off when people try to censor my sense of expression, and I often find it hard to control myself from going off on people.
Well that is another point. It also seems to be very individual. An ability to stay strong with in ourselves. We know what we like and don't like. And it does have to come out. I've learned to cleverly stay within the confines of the "laws" to get my points across. No one wants jail time. Lol. But hey-that's my value system. May or may not be yours.

Anyway, I seriously love the ENFP sense of individuality. It's like a pillar.

What was that again? :3
Haha, yeah. Like I say, we do appear "out of control" I'm sure.

And Nate I am not trying to censor your form of expression. But maybe you might benefit from riding the Te train a bit more? Just to have another weapon in your arsenal. It is important for me to be taken seriously and not thrown out before my points are considered.

Trust me. I've learned a lot from court. It is like the Making Lemons game. The person who can "keep their cool" during the insulting accusations, win. Then you can better continue with the silent kill. :wink:

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Well that is another point. It also seems to be very individual. An ability to stay strong with in ourselves. We know what we like and don't like. And it does have to come out. I've learned to cleverly stay within the confines of the "laws" to get my points across. No one wants jail time. Lol. But hey-that's my value system. May or may not be yours.

Haha, yeah. Like I say, we do appear "out of control" I'm sure.

And Nate I am not trying to censor your form of expression. But maybe you might benefit from riding the Te train a bit more? Just to have another weapon in your arsenal. It is important for me to be taken seriously and not thrown out before my points are considered.

Trust me. I've learned a lot from court. It is like the Making Lemons game. The person who can "keep their cool" during the insulting accusations, win. Then you can better continue with the silent kill. :wink:
I have absolutely 100% no idea what you mean by this statement.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have absolutely 100% no idea what you mean by this statement.
Perhaps it's because I was worried you literally "went off" on people? So I was helping you "not lose control". But maybe you were speaking figuratively and just talking about your drive to express yourself?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Are enfp's really more out of control, or is it just being noticed? personally, I think you wouldn't nearly so many fans if you weren't outspoken :D

I very much dislike how people underestimate F's in general in ability to use logic. My only T function (Te) is even weaker than yours, but logic doesn't seem to be a problem for me. I just have to take a breath and relax for a minute before I try to say something, otherwise it's a jumbled emotional rant.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Perhaps it's because I was worried you literally "went off" on people? So I was helping you "not lose control". But maybe you were speaking figuratively and just talking about your drive to express yourself?
Yeah, it is very rare that I will literally "go off" no someone.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

I actually can't relate to most of this; my values are such that it's nearly impossible for a person to violate them. I am the harmonious people pleaser, and when I'm not going with others' flow, I'm introducing others to just how appealing the flow I'm riding on is. Maybe it's just my enne 9ness and commitment to conflict resolution, but I rarely bring myself to logically attack another person's standpoint with Te. Instead I give them a taste of my Ne-coloured glasses to show them it's not a simple affair, or I'll take them for a philosophical Ti-ride. But of course I stick to my values---it's just that my values are flexible and accommodating. :happy:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I actually can't relate to most of this; my values are such that it's nearly impossible for a person to violate them. I am the harmonious people pleaser, and when I'm not going with others' flow, I'm introducing others to just how appealing the flow I'm riding on is. Maybe it's just my enne 9ness and commitment to conflict resolution, but I rarely bring myself to logically attack another person's standpoint with Te. Instead I give them a taste of my Ne-coloured glasses to show them it's not a simple affair, or I'll take them for a philosophical Ti-ride. But of course I stick to my values---it's just that my values are flexible and accommodating. :happy:
I think you're 9 may have a lot to do with it. pinkrasputin and nate are both 7's and I'm a 6w7, and we can all be a bit outspoken :crazy:

and I'm too laze to check, but I'm willing to bet teabiscits is a 7 or has a 7 wing.

·
Banned
166 Posts
Yeah. We're even cooler than cucumbers.
We're cool carrots

@Below: I'm a 7 and definetly not crazy.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think you're 9 may have a lot to do with it. pinkrasputin and nate are both 7's and I'm a 6w7, and we can all be a bit outspoken :crazy:

and I'm too laze to check, but I'm willing to bet teabiscits is a 7 or has a 7 wing.
Ah, so us 7s are the crazies? What is Inverse and Nyx? I notice they do it too. And quite a few others on here. Also, my Te grew strong in college. My major focused a lot on it.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

Oh, soitanly, I don't doubt it. I've just gotta find me some other ENFP 9's....

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, soitanly, I don't doubt it. I've just gotta find me some other ENFP 9's....
I was once a 9. But once you go 9 the enneagram patrol often accuses you of actually being a 6, arguing that you only want "peace" and to "people please" out of fear. And that you remain passive and on the fence because you're too scared to do anything else.

Anyway, I'm settled on 7. Firm.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I was once a 9. But once you go 9 the enneagram patrol often accuses you of actually being a 6, arguing that you only want "peace" and to "people please" out of fear. And that you remain passive and on the fence because you're too scared to do anything else.

i legitimately mistyped myself as a 9 at one point... 9w8 actually. I guess looking at it now, I'm about as outspoken as a 6 comes, being mostly counterphobic, having a 7 wing, and the sx subtype.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Ah, so us 7s are the crazies? What is Inverse and Nyx? I notice they do it too. And quite a few others on here. Also, my Te grew strong in college. My major focused a lot on it.
haha yeah, inverse Te bitchslapped me once or twice :crazy:

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i legitimately mistyped myself as a 9 at one point... 9w8 actually. I guess looking at it now, I'm about as outspoken as a 6 comes, being mostly counterphobic, having a 7 wing, and the sx subtype.
I like 6s because they are bitter. I truly value that in a person. Also, I have a 6 wing.

Reactions: Indigo Aria

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

Hehe, no no, definitely not the case in me. The only thing I'm afraid of are the Xenomorph monsters and face-huggers from the Aliens movies. If anything, getting yelled at or whatever is just part of the human social experience. I know I can take it, but I like to do my best to keep others from having to.

Reactions: pinkrasputin

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I like 6s because they are bitter. I truly value that in a person. Also, I have a 6 wing.
yeah, I don't show my bitterness online so much. and that 6 bitterness goes well with ISP bitterness too. I like that you value that in a person, although I can't imagine why. I try not to be as bitter as I am naturally inclined, because it kinda ruled my life for a while :/

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah, I don't show my bitterness online so much. and that 6 bitterness goes well with ISP bitterness too. I like that you value that in a person, although I can't imagine why. I try not to be as bitter as I am naturally inclined, because it kinda ruled my life for a while :/
Because a bitter edge is cool to me. :crazy:

I can't possible be alone in this. Why do you think so many ENFPs like INTJs? Lol.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts