Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up ENFJs.

So tell me, how do you engage your Se? If you're not sure what that means, we use our tertiary function (Se for us) to 'engage' the world, its how are life is oriented. As Se as our third function, which is also called our child function, we use it in a childish manner, meaning we like fast paced lifestyles (Well, I guess until we get older) flashy stuff, fast stuff, etc. At the same time, we aren't the best at managing our worldly affairs, and can get really angry when things don't work out in some circumstances.

Now, for me, I love love love to work out. I'm too nervous to ever go to a gym, but at my apartment I got like, all the stuff I need, and I'd do it all night if I could. I also love running, though frankly I can get bored after the 2nd mile or so. I also love eating very yummy-but-not-even-close-to-healthy-for-you foods. Like, fast food! Speaking of fast, I love driving fast. I got a Scion xb ('05, black, with a spoiler and stuff, its sick) google it if you don't know the car, and I'm constantly pushing like 85 down the highway, that being said, I've never gotten a speeding ticket, because I know how to handle myself around cops, and where cops will most likely be. Love driving fast.

I can however, also get very frustrated when the maintenance parts of living in an external world come back to haunt me. When my car has an engine problem I fly into a blind rage when I'm alone (I don't want to spread this anger to other people) cussing and screaming at the sky, so frustrated I can't just go out and drive really fast. Or, if I pig out on fast food for a few weeks in a row (it's happened :D) I get really upset when I have gained weight, so then I have to go and lose the weight all over again. Hmm... Another example is when I'm walking/running, and I misstep/stumble/run into something and I can't stand it. I feel so incompetent, like a child (eh eh, get it why it's called our child function now?) I mean, I can't even run right! ARGH!

Hah, so that's how I use my Se, how do you use yours?

(I'm only choosing Se because I just got done working out and I didn't see any topics I wanted to post on... lol) I think I will expand this to all functions tomorrow/the next day.

·
Registered
18,148 Posts
Well, growing up, I was all about living in the moment ... I did as my heart pleased ... going out with friends, hanging out at their place, hanging out at mine ... I used to go out on walks with my mother --- followed by with cousins, and all the women I've had crushes with.

I was an extreme roller-blader and I just loved flying through traffic ... I would roller-blade when I didn't have anyone to hang out with.

Then came driving ... there's nothing quite like the thrill of high speed driving be it alone, or with company. I find it the best way to engage all my ENFJ traits.

·
Registered
695 Posts
@Urtehnoes

Does this qualify?

I played competitively for quite a few years, though these days it's just for exercise, I still really enjoy it.

I'm finishing off my University degree right now, and my part-time job is...<drum roll> delivering pizza! I find the job really fun and, unlike almost everyone else I work with, I enjoy when it gets so busy that the deliveries seem unmanageable, because for me it's a challenge and a thrill. (Can I complete 6 deliveries in 40 minutes?) I do speed a little, but to mitigate my risk of tickets over time (since it's my job and all) I tend to concentrate more on weaving in and out of traffic. I would say that there's also the Fe I use with customers and the Ni because I tend to consider all possible routes based on a combination of traffic and light patterns. So really, even though it's a pretty "basic" job, I find it uses my skill set pretty well. (And the pay is surprisingly decent once you get efficient at it).

Particularly when I was younger, I went on a lot of road trips. Living in the prairies of Canada really made that both tempting and easy. Sometimes just enjoying the open road, even if it was by myself at times was great. Of course, great to have company as well.

As for junk food...I'm terrible. Slushies are my main addiction of choice, I must say. In general, I think I end up eating a lot of fast food because of my desire for a fast-paced life.

Raging at broken things is definitely something I've done before, particularly because I try to do as much of my own work as possible, and there's nothing more frustrated than rusted-in bolts or spark plugs that just won't come out. (Because apparently, "tighten snugly" meant something more like HULK SMASH to the guy before me)

Though generally I like a lot of indirect humour, puns and references to make people laugh, there is also that side of me that likes purely physical humour if it's done right too, so maybe that's a little of the Se in me coming out there. I can make my face stretch really, really wide. It scares people, and then they laugh. (Unless they're kids, because then sometimes they cry. So I can't do it with kids unless they already know I'm not a monster)

It kinda makes me feel better to hear that it's not just me, though. Sometimes I get a little frustrated with myself particularly on the food end of things.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but sometimes I go on "sensing" binges, where I'll just want to immerse myself in physically sensual activites.

For example, if I've just spent a glorious evening doing the saix, I'll come home, bake some cookies, and eat them with peanut butter, or with ice cream, or with jam, or everything, in endless combinations, all together. I won't be hungry... I just want to taste, to experience.

Peanut butter is my vice. Got a jar of Jif with me right now.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but sometimes I go on "sensing" binges, where I'll just want to immerse myself in physically sensual activites.

For example, if I've just spent a glorious evening doing the saix, I'll come home, bake some cookies, and eat them with peanut butter, or with ice cream, or with jam, or everything, in endless combinations, all together. I won't be hungry... I just want to taste, to experience.

Peanut butter is my vice. Got a jar of Jif with me right now.
That's exactly what I'm talking about, haha!

So many times I just want to taste food, not eat it. I'd almost consider going bulemic (not serious) just so I could taste all the food I wanted, but not gain weight. God, I love tasting food. hehehehe.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
A hot cup of coffee at 6:30 A.M. does the trick. Sunrise a cup o' joe and it's all good. Until it spills on my white shirt....and my pants....and my car....and just about everywhere else.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Oh, I definitely go on Sensing binges, myself. You know that scene in Amelie where she sticks her hands in big vats of grain? SO GOOD. Agh. I wish I could do that all the time.

My biggest sensing binge is with physical touch. I love the textures of things, I love sort of feeling the world... This is one of the reasons why I love baking so much, too. And of course, being with the boyfriend, who is ISTJ so he likes a bit of sensing himself, hahaha.

Sometimes when I'm walking down the street I'll spin around on a street pole (like a stop sign)... I love the feeling of wind in my hair...

I am definitely guilty of food binges, though. Both when I'm happy and when I'm sad. When I'm really happy, I just want to eat lots of delicious things because they taste even better... when I'm sad, I like to pet my Se... ;p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.