1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
751 Posts
She said that she's disguised as a school teacher, not theother way around. She's not writing in her spare time, she's teaching in her spare time. Aha...

·
mafia mod
13,333 Posts
Ok so lets take a real close look at the parents facebook accounts and raid their computer. I think we would find worse things than that.

OT here, but it reminds me of the scene in the musical "The Music Man". We've got trouble in River City....

The outraged parents need to call 1-800-GET A LIFE

·
Banned
708 Posts
On behalf of most of the literate world, I feel embarrassed for the parents. Read some Nabokov, educate yourselves and quit babying your teens. The fact that this is even entertained as an issue is disturbing. With all the corruption just northeast of there area, it's laughable. You get a group of fearful people together and oftentimes a whole outburst of stupid occurs.

(Example: Reaction in Shenandoah to Beating Death Sentences - WNEP)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've considered writing erotic before not going to lie (and also teaching), it's pretty easy for me, but I get to "lost" in it.

Reactions: AussieChick

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Oh god, what if she's training her students to notice sexual subtexts in great literary works? Right under the parent's noses! They have every right to be outraged.

Yeah. This is just embarrassing. I'd like to hang around the water cooler and see what these parents talk about at PTSA meetings. Detailed plans and itineraries on the importance of education and intellectual development, I'm sure.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
The guy who made the video reminds me of my brother. His facial expressions, mannerisms, etc were adorable.

And as for the content, yes, I think a published author would probably make an excellent English teacher. The fact that she writes fantasy fiction about sex isn't really relevant. I think we all do that, don't we?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I can't even describe how stupid this is. What on earth business it is of the parent's what she's writing in her own time? There are no words... no words!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Reminds me of a recent local uproar over a substitute who was still a stripper. lol This conservative community went batshit. I've tried to understand where this irrational desire to uphold people in certain stations in life to higher standards comes from, but I can't. You don't stop being human, simply because of your job title. Teachers like sex, cops commit crimes, etc.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts