Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wrote an enormous post on life, personal growth, and all that sort of stuff. Decided not to post it because it was just my own inner processing. In any case, what do you all think about this idea of "enlightenment." I've wanted nothing else my entire life. I've had to try very hard to become adequately interested in external goals. I'm well aware the point is to dissolve the goal and realize all there is is the here-and-now. Projecting goals into the future is a property of the human mind that should be reeled in and used with understanding and responsibility. But the vast majority of people live in the mind at least on some level.

Anyway, I feel like INTP's have the most ability to undergo this transformation in self-awareness. We are notoriously committed to truth, but in a way that transcends mere mind and knowledge. I think a lot of INTP's have a sort of distaste for mere knowledge-about-things, however fine and complex it may be. I feel like we bear most distinctly the wounded feeling of disconnection from our unity with the universe. We refuse to create fantasies, and want to embrace the beauty of life without looking away from it - even for a second. There ain't no world but this messed up one. The holocaust, human exploitation... these are not mistakes overcome by humans, victories so to speak, but something genuinely human - something that still remains in our own nature and in the types of worlds we create. And to seek a sort of permanent happiness, stability, or whatever, is childish nonsense. Life itself is change before its anything else, why are we so afraid to embrace it? Why will no adults talk about it, admit it, and feel it? Why is death considered such a bad thing? Is it merely fear of loss? A selfish, lazy feeling of not having tomorrow what we had today? Why can't we dance around the fire knowing tomorrow we will wake up well-rested with a full stomach? We are going to go over the edge someday, so we do we need to feel like the decades in front of us need to be planned, guaranteed, safe, and problem-free? These are just ideas I'm shooting out there at the moment... nothing I'm actually believing in.

Anyway, I feel my thoughts becoming pseudo-intellectual nonsense. Perhaps ever trying to communicate these truths in concepts come across this way, especially since I try to inject into the poetry within my heart. Does anyone here believe in spiritual awakening?

·
Banned
8,159 Posts
Wanting enlightenment is a mistake. You cannot search for something you already are. Stop searching for a nonexistent ideal because you are already what you crave.

The Gateless Gate only exists because you perceive yourself as being on the side unwanted.

Be still and find true knowing.

·
Registered
307 Posts
This is painfully INTP. Why not absorb yourself in the equally questionable world of video games? It's as equally stationary as pondering over life. At least it simulates exploration. While you figure out each puzzle, exclaim, "Eureka! Life's goals are found!"

Video game characters only serve to fulfill their programmed duty, just as you would by endorsing in such merchandise because that's your role in society.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Does anyone here believe in spiritual awakening?
I went through one myself, triggered by an INTP on this forum who previously went through one too.

I don't know what else to tell you, other than I think INTJ's are better at this sort of thing. :wink: At least with the explaining and communicating rather than spouting psuedo-intellectual nonsense as you put it, Ni-Te makes concepts easily understandable for the masses, perhaps why INTJ is the type of most gurus (from what I've observed).

Enlightenment... there's that word again. Yeah, the second stage of awakening. As Krishnamurti (I think) put it so eloquently, there's non-abiding awakening and abiding awakening. Spiritual awakening is non-abiding, people go through it and then come out of it and afterwards ask what they did wrong. They did nothing wrong, they were just going through the first stage.

Most people never get to abiding awakening in their lifetime. But it's there to be experienced if the desire from the soul arises. The personality can't cause it to happen, and the soul already knows itself so the desire would just be the desire to know itself as a human, nothing more. But the manifestation of that would be living in a state of truth.

Of course unlike Krishnamurti I've noticed the stages aren't really that linear or progressive, things can jump around a lot, but his is a good guideline either way. Myself I've experienced both, now I'm in a state of constant 'wakefulness'.

But back to your main topic, I do think introverted intuited types in general are better suited towards the self-discovery process. The alone time and ability for abstract thought allows that tapping into higher internal knowledge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts