Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,658 Posts
Hmmm. Is it a fear of losing everyone's love? I don't often think of losing other people. I do feel worried about my loved ones health and safety sometimes. You might be a 4 who has a strong connection to 2. Or a 2 with a strong connection to 4 and that is when typing gets blurry.Do you feel any effect of type 8 in your life or type 1? If u can see if you ever move to act like an 8 or to act like a 1, then you may be able to distinguish what type you are. If you notice you sometimes act or think like an 8, you may be a type 2.But i dont know if your tri-type might confuse things more...

· Registered
1,658 Posts
hmmm, take charge type,maybe that could be a connection to 8. Also, i read that 2's have selected love versus the love for all people kind of feeling, so its possible to be a 2, but only care about what family and close friends think of you.

Do you also feel more practical than others? Do you generally like things to be positive and upbeat most of the time? on amazon, there is a book called "are you my type, am i yours?". there are some excerpts you can read where the authors compare the 2s and 4s. I think we can look alike. Because I have spent so much time being sad, I generally want things to be upbeat and positive, but it is something I have to put effort in and work towards.

· Registered
1,658 Posts
Text Font Document Line Paper

Here is the list that I think is helpful. However, it says that extraverted 4's can look even more like 2's! This complicates things a bit, but I think it's good to know. I am an extraverted 4 and I think I can appear like a 2.

But I really don't seem to worry as much about things that 2's sometimes worry about. I really feel self-absorbed. My mind is usually thoughts of myself and sometimes I need to put in big effort to start seeing other loved one's needs before my own. I can say no to my family a lot, whereas my enfp 2 cousin has trouble with that.

· Registered
1,658 Posts
Hrm. Tbh, I relate more to the 4s than to the 2s, although I do have trouble saying no. But that's mostly so they don't get mad at me--usually I just do things my own way. I guess the fear of losing everyone is just something a little off-key.

I don't like disapproval? It just seriously makes me want to cry when someone says they're disappointed with me, and I often think people tend to avoid me after I've done something wrong, no matter how small or unintentional it was, like goofing off in the middle of work (even though I was doing my work well). Usually when I feel guilty I try to make it up by doing whatever extra well.

(Yay I just kinda ranted about pointless things that have nothing to do with fear.)

Ah, well, if you relate more to 4 description then I think you are a 4. I think the fear of losing everyone might be just another 4-ish fear of being abandoned, so its not so odd after all. Maybe another ENFP 4 can weigh in with some comments?

I can understand crying when someone says they're disappointed with me. It's too harsh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.