Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm just wondering about something here. I've typed myself as an Enneagram 4w5, but it's just the fear part that seems a little messed up for me. Like a 4, I have this need to be a little different and to be expressive and emotional. But like a 2, I've noticed that most of my fears center around 'losing everyone I love'. Is that very common?

I've typed myself as a 7w6 before, then a 7w8; it's the second type in my tritype now. I'm just really trying to understand where I'm coming from, you know?
(Still new to this whole Enneagram thing.)

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm. Is it a fear of losing everyone's love? I don't often think of losing other people. I do feel worried about my loved ones health and safety sometimes. You might be a 4 who has a strong connection to 2. Or a 2 with a strong connection to 4 and that is when typing gets blurry.Do you feel any effect of type 8 in your life or type 1? If u can see if you ever move to act like an 8 or to act like a 1, then you may be able to distinguish what type you are. If you notice you sometimes act or think like an 8, you may be a type 2.But i dont know if your tri-type might confuse things more...
Hm. Well, when I see a problem I tend to be a bit of a take-charge type, and I can't really bear to see a friend I care about get waylaid without having something to say about it. But I'm not really scared of losing *everyone's* love...I am scared of losing my family's love, and at the same time I'm scared of anything happening to them. The last tritype I fixated on was 4w5, 7w8 and 1w2, if that helps...

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I've always tried to be upbeat and inspirational, because a smile on someone's face because I put it there always feels great. The practicality comes and goes, though: more often than not, I'm the weird kid in the corner dreaming about poetry and stories (and the guy I'm hopelessly in love with even though I know so little about him). But when someone relies on me I snap right up and try to do what is asked of me best as I can.

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hrm. Tbh, I relate more to the 4s than to the 2s, although I do have trouble saying no. But that's mostly so they don't get mad at me--usually I just do things my own way. I guess the fear of losing everyone is just something a little off-key.

I don't like disapproval? It just seriously makes me want to cry when someone says they're disappointed with me, and I often think people tend to avoid me after I've done something wrong, no matter how small or unintentional it was, like goofing off in the middle of work (even though I was doing my work well). Usually when I feel guilty I try to make it up by doing whatever extra well.

(Yay I just kinda ranted about pointless things that have nothing to do with fear.)

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've always wanted to be acknowledged for who I was, not to be held up to someone else's standards but my own. My family would sometimes (negatively) compare me to some other person, or even another family member such as my (late) grandfather or one of my older uncles, and no one understood why I reacted the way I did. ("I'm me, not them! Stop trying to turn me into someone else!") I admit, it was a bit juvenile of me to react the way I did, but I was just a teenager; and I have to admit, they did stop.

Mostly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.