Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! So, for the longest time, I have been wondering if actually instead of 469, I'm 468 tritype.

I read the Enneagram 8's description here. Namely how they fear being controlled by others, how they hate weakness, etc. All of this is... me.

I also checked out the definition of the 468 tritype here.

All of this fits me pretty well, especially the hot-head part. I'm a very, very volatile person. I often have trouble controlling my rage. Always have.

Especially this comment;

"This type is characterize by their reactivity. The tend to initiate conflict and take offense easily. They me feel that everyone is out to get them."

This is VERY much me. I flair up easily because I feel like people are attacking me and I won't have it. I won't be talked down to. I rebel, get violent, etc. It also states that this type is likely to be a Sexual subtype and I most certainly am.

Anyone care to help me out with this?
@Beauty Like The Night @Moderately Nefarious @owlet @nburns @Animal (I know that you know plenty about Enneatype 8!)

Thanks for your help! Will provide any additional info you need.

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
Sorry, I'm not any good at tritype :((

4 and 6 together would account for some of the things you mentioned. Is there something 9ish about you? How do you deal with anger?

Reactions: SheWolf

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I'm not any good at tritype :((

4 and 6 together would account for some of the things you mentioned. Is there something 9ish about you? How do you deal with anger?
I have a bad temper and I'll be the first to admit that. Anger is an emotion I feel intensely and explosively and to equate it to a volcanic eruption is pretty accurate.

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
I have a bad temper and I'll be the first to admit that. Anger is an emotion I feel intensely and explosively and to equate it to a volcanic eruption is pretty accurate.
How often? What triggers it? How do you feel about your anger?

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How often? What triggers it? How do you feel about your anger?
Pretty often, lol. It gets triggered when I feel people treat me as incompetent, that'll really cause a flair-up. I get very angry when I see someone being treated unfairly. I caused a scene in the middle of my college once when a guy made a very snarky, unwarranted comment to my friend. I went off, stormed away, and later felt bad for overreacting but at the same time, I knew what I did was right. Kind of an sx subtype sort of thing with how on-off and intense my anger/emotions are.

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
Pretty often, lol. It gets triggered when I feel people treat me as incompetent, that'll really cause a flair-up. I get very angry when I see someone being treated unfairly. I caused a scene in the middle of my college once when a guy made a very snarky, unwarranted comment to my friend. I went off, stormed away, and later felt bad for overreacting but at the same time, I knew what I did was right. Kind of an sx subtype sort of thing with how on-off and intense my anger/emotions are.

Anger in response to feeling incompetent or patronized could be 4 or 6. I'm not sure what to do with this :((

For what it's worth, I have a strong temper too, and I think my gut fix is 9. I don't usually cause public scenes though, but other things could affect it. I don't know how to really judge gut fix by temper this way)

Reactions: SheWolf

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Anger in response to feeling incompetent or patronized could be 4 or 6. I'm not sure what to do with this :((

For what it's worth, I have a strong temper too, and I think my gut fix is 9. I don't usually cause public scenes though, but other things could affect it. I don't know how to really judge gut fix by temper this way)
That gif... Lol! XD

I usually avoid very public bouts of anger, too, but it's definitely not because I repress or dismiss my anger (as I've heard 9's do) but because I know I have more self control than that and doing so would make me seem weak in a way.

Thanks for acknowledging my post, though!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
That gif... Lol! XD

I usually avoid very public bouts of anger, too, but it's definitely not because I repress or dismiss my anger (as I've heard 9's do) but because I know I have more self control than that and doing so would make me seem weak in a way.

Thanks for acknowledging my post, though!
4s aren't angry like that. You're probably a core 9 or (long shot) 1.

You seem to have misconceptions about 9. 9 is more about controlling anger than repressing or dismissing per se.

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4s aren't angry like that. You're probably a core 9 or (long shot) 1.

You seem to have misconceptions about 9. 9 is more about controlling anger than repressing or dismissing per se.
Pretty darn sure I'm a 4. I have a huge issue with envy. 4w3 sx are actually very aggressive, by the descriptions I've read.

When I first did my Enneagram questionnaire, you typed me as a 4. Lol!

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, really? Let me look that up. I do make mistakes.
I'd be willing to possibly just redo the questionnaire. I'm sure mine is deeeeply buried. It was when I first became active. Lol.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I'd be willing to possibly just redo the questionnaire. I'm sure mine is deeeeply buried. It was when I first became active. Lol.
Oh... you are SheWolf (and Vespera??). You keep changing your name.

I found your questionnaires. You're right. I did type you as 4 then. But I actually had misgivings about that afterward. I think you're a 9.

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh... you are SheWolf (and Vespera??). You keep changing your name.
Gotta keep you guys on your toes. ;)

I found your questionnaires. You're right. I did type you as 4 then. But I actually had misgivings about that afterward. I think you're a 9.
Slightly disheartening... Four descriptions always deeply resonated with me and I've related to other Fours very deeply on here. I'm highly individualistic, tempermental, obsessed with my identity, want to surround myself with beauty, etc.

In what ways do I show 9 instead of 4?

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@nburns

I also really want to note that, I have a deep longing for love and other such fantasy nonsense. I have since I was a little girl. I fantasize an awful lot and my imagination often gets the better of me. I'm literally the Goth chick with the oddly colored hair that loves to set herself apart. Really, no one has ever denied that I was definitely 4w3. Lol. So I'm genuinely curious to know where you see that I show a lot of 9 traits.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
@nburns

I also really want to note that, I have a deep longing for love and other such fantasy nonsense. I have since I was a little girl. I fantasize an awful lot and my imagination often gets the better of me. I'm literally the Goth chick with the oddly colored hair that loves to set herself apart. Really, no one has ever denied that I was definitely 4w3. Lol. So I'm genuinely curious to know where you see that I show a lot of 9 traits.
Sorry. I was going to respond earlier, but I had to go.

I highly doubt that all goths are 4s. I'm not even sure if being goth goes with 4. I mean, it seems like it should, but I wouldn't make assumptions.

There are a lot of 9s that seem "4ish".

I'll try to write more later.

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry. I was going to respond earlier, but I had to go.

I highly doubt that all goths are 4s. I'm not even sure if being goth goes with 4. I mean, it seems like it should, but I wouldn't make assumptions.

There are a lot of 9s that seem "4ish".

I'll try to write more later.

Oh, I wasn't implying all 4's are goths, lol. (Though... Edgar Allen Poe was a 4. Many of us Goths look up to him. ;) )More so that I put a lot of value on self-expression and what I find beautiful.

Take your time.

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@nburns

I really hate to call you out... but I have some concerns...

I've noticed that you quite literally type everyone in this forum as Type 9 when some are blatantly not 9's.... at all.

I just read this from the Enneagram Institute, which is by far the best source online I believe for Enneagram info. It compares 4's and 9's differences.

I NEVER "disengage" from my emotions. Ever. For any reason. I WALLOW in my emotions, brood over them, even the tragic and negative ones. 9's don't do this. This quotes

Nines see the world through rose-colored glasses, and their view of it is comforting, whereas Fours see the world from a garret window as outsiders and are not comforted: everyone else seems to be living a happier, more normal life.
Bolded the last sentence because by golly, do I say this to myself all the time. I ALWAYS think that other people have it better than me and become envious, hateful, brooding, upset. I really don't think a 9 would do this at all.

Sorry but... I'm going to take The Enneagram Institute's word on this. :/

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Bolded the last sentence because by golly, do I say this to myself all the time. I ALWAYS think that other people have it better than me and become envious, hateful, brooding, upset. I really don't think a 9 would do this at all.
That quote is kind of silly. 9s don't see the world through rose colored glasses.

I gave you my opinion. If you don't want to hear it, I'll live.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
@ShieldMaiden

I see you've been thrown into the masses. ;)

But don't worry, if you feel that you're a 4, then go with your intuition. Only you have the power to truly know yourself.

·
Registered
ESI
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@ShieldMaiden

I see you've been thrown into the masses. ;)

But don't worry, if you feel that you're a 4, then go with your intuition. Only you have the power to truly know yourself.
Very true! I do know myself. I know I have a serious problem with envy and everything that has been described about Enneagram 4 has... resonated with me deeply, like I'm finally understood.

As for being thrown in with the masses....

He seems to literally type EVERYONE on this forum as an Enneagram 9.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts