1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My characteristics

- Self-aggrandizing
- Helps the weaker guy, notices the left out one
- High energy, binge a lot (caffeine, alcohol)
- All or nothing, 1 beer or 12 beers. No coffee or 3 scoops. No PS3 or 3 hours
- Can get stressed easily
- Not good reacting to pain, a stomach ache/hangover can seriously affect my mood
- Not very good of thinking of solutions to problems
- Always moving about in my chair, shaking my legs, changing positions
- Nervous in social situations, though once comfortable I'm the funny guy
- Forever changing interests, get highly motivated
- Find it difficult making important decisions, will ponder for too long
- Hate being tied down by things I have to do that I don't want to
- Fairly irresponsible

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't believe this shallow typings to be necessarily accurate at all but I like to think of these little mysteries so... My first thought was ADHD actually, not any particular type. You made yourself sound like ENTP with well established inferior introverted sensing and also someone with dominant sexual instinct. About Enneagram... I would exclude types 1, 2, 4, 5 and 9. I cannot reliably tell for sure between the rest but I'll tell you this: I see you have chosen 6w7 - I would have said 7w6. I suggest deeper approach into this, particularly because it could be a sort of growth point for you.

Reactions: TruthDismantled

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
My characteristics

- Self-aggrandizing
What do you get that is important when you do it ? What's the emotional feedback you recieve when you do that?

How so ?

- Not good reacting to pain, a stomach ache/hangover can seriously affect my mood
What about emotional pain ?

Why?

Are you bored ? Or nervous ? What are you thinking when doing so? Or are you not thinking while doing it ?

what are you thinking prior to being comfortable in these situations ?

What motivates you to pursue an interest ?

What are you pondering ?

Do you feel angry or irritated ?

- Fairly irresponsible.
How so ?
- how old are you ?

- you're walking through a forest and see a cabin. The doors open. Do you go in ?

- You're going camping. Name the first 3 things that come into mind after knowing this.

- There's an epidemic going on, a SARS outbreak or something. What do you do ?

- all the following are important to you. But what's more important to you - (list in order of preference):

your interests, your job (list 1 then 2, less important)

your memories, and your dreams. (Same as above)

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't believe this shallow typings to be necessarily accurate at all but I like to think of these little mysteries so... My first thought was ADHD actually, not any particular type. You made yourself sound like ENTP with well established inferior introverted sensing and also someone with dominant sexual instinct. About Enneagram... I would exclude types 1, 2, 4, 5 and 9. I cannot reliably tell for sure between the rest but I'll tell you this: I see you have chosen 6w7 - I would have said 7w6. I suggest deeper approach into this, particularly because it could be a sort of growth point for you.
Thanks for your input. Your beliefs are quite accurate, I have considered ADHD before, I can't concentrate when I don't thoroughly enjoy what I should be focusing on. I remember getting sx/sp as my instinctual variant preference. Yes I have been wrestling between enneagrams 6 and 7 for a while, however I consider my stereotypically e-7 behaviour to be my guilty pleasure. I seek instant gratification and can be very distracted, however I generally feel best when I can be more emotionally level and compartmentalize different parts of my life. But hey, doesn't everyone?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
- how old are you ?

- you're walking through a forest and see a cabin. The doors open. Do you go in ?

- You're going camping. Name the first 3 things that come into mind after knowing this.

- all the following are important to you. But what's more important to you - (list in order of preference):

- how old are you ?

First I'd try to see as much of the cabin from outside to see if I could see something suspicious. Also when you say "the doors open" do you mean that they open upon pushing them (able to be opened) or do you mean "the door's open", in which case they are already open? I'll assume they are already open. I think my curiosity would be too strong and I would take a look inside.

- You're going camping. Name the first 3 things that come into mind after knowing this?
1. Getting lost in the mountains and laughing about having no idea where to go
2. Going swimming in a river along the way
3. Alcohol

Jump on the next plane, advise those close to me to do the same. Let's say its worldwide for the sake of a more thoughtful answer though. I would spend more time with friends and family. I would stay at home in isolation also, if we needed food I wouldn't let my family go out and get it if was a serious serious epidemic, I'd rather go myself.

1. Interests - as long as I have the money to afford indulging in them.

1. My dreams - do you mean by dreams as in when I sleep or my dreams as in my goals for the future? If dreams as in when I sleep then those.
Although I'm not sure whether I really think about my dreams for the future. They're all ways changing and I don't think that far ahead very often, it's too volatile to really decide this early for me.

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Thus far I'm thinking 7w6. But the bold within quote responses I had (or rather questions) would have been more deterministic. Read 7 and 6 very carefully and consider which is more prominent toward your deeper truth.

One more question. What do you put most of your energy into. Not a talent. Something you could be good at naturally but I'm talking more, something you work really hard for. It can be something from the past if your not up to much lately. Your young so this question might not work. But curious ...

Reactions: TruthDismantled

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
- Self-aggrandizing
I don't really self-aggrandize for the positive emotional feedback. It's more because I'm happy with myself and don't like keeping it all in my head. Hmm, well sometimes I try to confirm whether my views of self are valid. So instead of directly asking whether I can consider myself a certain way, I'll self-aggrandize and be attentive to any reaction to it.
Although, I don't really get anything important, I guess I like voicing my narcissistic ways now and again LOL

If I am tied down by something I don't want to do, even if it is a week ahead, it'll keep playing on my mind and I'll find it hard to enjoy the present. I also don't like to be forced into anything. If someone makes a plan involving me without my consent then it will annoy me because I'll feel like I could be doing something better even though it isn't necessarily the case.

Emotional pain, that's a difficult one. I had to google that one to fully understand it. Okay, often times I don't react to events that cause emotional pain right away, it often doesn't sink in for a number of days. Then I'll reach a point of apathy and emotional numbness if it's a big thing. I wouldn't try to logically understand it and probably deny it.
Sometimes I stick on some depressing music and try to relate the lyrics to my situation, I think it helps me to release the emotion more easily

I prefer to push out whatever is causing the stress/pain rather than ruminating on it and trying to think of solutions. It's not a good way to go about it but I'm trying to work on it.

It's never when I'm nervous. It's usually when I'm bored or when I'm not really thinking. I think it's often unreleased energy. When I'm feeling impatient I can also be restless and shuffle around.

I'm thinking I may not do well at appearing natural enough in social situations. Listening to people I don't want to, laughing at something that isn't funny. I think I'm nervous about standing out in an undesirable way.
I need to know what fits in the particular social situation before I can relax.
Once I tell myself "what's the worst that can happen" and "f*** it, it's really not a big deal" then it usually calms me down.

How it will benefit me and what I can learn about myself in terms of what I am gifted at. I want to win against others and I think it's an ego thing to a large extent. I like for others to improve with me as long as I'm the best. I think I like to show myself that I am good at whatever I undertake, but I really enjoy taking part in whatever is my interest at the time.
I enjoy testing myself and I have high standards, often irrational. I expect to be better at chess in 6 months, than someone who has been practicing for years.

I am thinking about which would be the best, the most enjoyable and useful in the long term. I don't like having to miss out on something better and so will evaluate what coincides with what I consider most important at the time.

I will feel angry that my freedom is being constricted and irritated by how much the obligation is playing on my mind. I feel irritated moreso.

- Fairly irresponsible
I don't prioritize things that are more important in the long run.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thus far I'm thinking 7w6. But the bold within quote responses I had (or rather questions) would have been more deterministic. Read 7 and 6 very carefully and consider which is more prominent toward your deeper truth.

One more question. What do you put most of your energy into. Not a talent. Something you could be good at naturally but I'm talking more, something you work really hard for. It can be something from the past if your not up to much lately. Your young so this question might not work. But curious ...
Good question.

I put most of my energy into sporting goals I would say, physical goals. They're usually what I stay most focused on and persevere for the longest time on. In the gym for instance, I had a goal to lift a certain weight in 3 months (110kg in the bench press). I would use the gym 5-6 times a week, be very careful with my diet, make sure I was doing everything right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts