Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I'm new on this site and to this type forum. Hopefully I'll find my home here among the dreamers :).

As the title says, I believe that my Enneagram type is 7w6. My tritype seems to be 7-2-4 or 7-9-4. I think I am an INFP that is a near ambivert, but I use Fi over Ne.

My question is: Is this a common Enneagram for INFPs? Any other 7w6 INFPs out there? And, if so, how may a 7w6 differ from, say, a 4w5 or 9w1? Might a 7w6 INFP mistype as an ENFP?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Whee, procrastination! Haha. I'm sorry. And welcome to the forums! Do enjoy your stay here, feel free to steal cookies from the cookie monster (don't worry, we keep him drugged almost all the time so he doesn't notice much).

I honestly haven't taken the time to re-read up on the MBTI and Enneagram in a long, long while, and my memory is rather shabby, so take everything below very lightly xD It's mostly based on personal experiences and 'feel', so it's as accurate as... just not very accurate at all.

7w6 vs 9w1 (maybe?):

My 7-ness isn't very obvious to people who don't know me well - You'll find it in the reasoning behind most of the things I do, but only if you're looking for it. In that aspect, I probably seem really similar to an INFP 9w1 in a setting that we're not substantially comfortable in. We'll both be pretty laid-back (unless and until you step on something we consider important to us), quite reserved, etc.

The difference between my INFP 9 friend and I becomes greater when it's just us in our intimate friendship group, though. I do become very ENFP-like, I'll get much louder and a lot more talkative, and also... hop-pier. If I'm out with my close friends and we're walking and there's a big stretch of space in front of us, there are times when I just feel the urge to zoom ahead (and proceed to carry it out). It's weird because when my 7 comes out in full swing, I get a lot of energy that I don't usually possess, and while it's nice to be high on seemingly nothing, it's made up for dearly afterwards. :laughing:

The 9 friend does become more outspoken, a little louder, and generally is a lot more relaxed and opens up more than she would in another setting, but the difference is more subtle, rather than a complete shift. She can get really hyped up when conversation turns to something she's really interested in, but even then the energy she gives off is really calm and cool, whereas mine's more like a rollercoaster. Also, I've never seen her get... hoppity. It seems like something that'd be really out of character for her, but that's why it'd be fun to witness that.

7w6 INFP vs ENFP (maybe??):

It's possible for a 7w6 INFP to mistype as an ENFP (and vice versa), of course, but I do have an ENFP 7w8 friend, and while we can get very much 'in sync' with each other, there's quite a bit of difference between the both of us. We call ourselves partners in crime, but the 8 wing gives her a more intense energy, so it could seem more like she's the mastermind and I'm the accomplice. Muhaha.

It feels like the Fi-Ne and Ne-Fi difference presents itself when we're up to something. When I get the urge to play around with another friend, I know firstly that I'm okay with really doing it, and what point would be considered taking things too far for me - then I start thinking about all the different ways I could say and do things. On the other hand, she starts off with playing around with the ideas, carrying them out, and afterwards wondering if it was okay to do that.

There have been times when she started going further than I was comfortable with, at which point I'll drop out of the act and she'll continue on, and a while after it's ended she'll comment on how she probably shouldn't have done that (it's nothing big or harmful, though! She gets carried away only during games, and it's more amusing than anything - None of the things we do are bad at all, trust me.). Most of the time we'll start something together, finish something together, and when she starts to wonder about it being right or wrong I'm just there beside her telling her it's all good.

Then there's just the usual differences between an INFP and an ENFP which becomes really obvious when we're taken out of the intimate group setting. We both prefer smaller group settings, but if necessary she can adapt really well a big group - getting close with one or two people, but still remaining open to and getting along and making conversation with everyone else. On the other hand, I get overwhelmed and wither, woohoo! :laughing: In fact, sometimes she's all I need to get overwhelmed. Her energy is higher than mine almost all the time, it's like magic. ENFPs are so magical. :kitteh:

I'm not sure if I personally know an INFP 4w5, but I'd sure like to know the differences there!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m definitely and INFP I’ve taken the test many times over the years....I’ve always tested in the middle of the I and E....like 55% I and 45% E....and I was a 7w6 when I tested....with a possible 9. I’m an introvert and an internal thinker and I get drained from people...but that doesn’t mean I can’t be outgoing and enjoy being around people...many assume that all introverts don’t enjoy people, and I don’t think that’s the case at all...there is a big variety so sure!:)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Oh wow how the format of this site has changed, and it's so strange that once upon a time I knew so much about things like this :LOL:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts