Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I thought I'd share my thoughts and experiences as an E2 with E8s.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, experiences and feelings about Eights. I think they are wonderful people, like you have described. I appreciate their authenticity and honesty. That protectiveness sounds very appealing for me as a Nine (9w1 Sp/Sx?) I think I can enjoy them better as platonic friends than I could as romantic partners for reasons you have described.

My mother was an Eight. I understand her a little better from watching your video, but it was not a good match for me as a child not feeling the love. I later understood her love is shown through the wonderful Self-Pres materialistic lifestyle she gave me and refrigerator full of food and an extra freezer filled with frozen meats for me to enjoy. I always had nice things. I need to feel the love with her arms around me and hearing her voice telling me that she loves me because it makes me feel reassured. As an adult, I prefer my romantic partner to give me affection and words of love. That is important to me as long as it is real and genuine.

I know fake stuff means my life is going to be disruptive of my need for peace with chaos and negativity later on. I learned this the hard way. I rather deal with the truth and accept the truth for what it is and get my needs met in a more genuine situation. I don't want to remember when the Eight is vulnerable...I want to see him displaying trust and vulnerability on a regular basis or go away. As platonic friends, I can accept them for who they are more and appreciate the gifts of their individuality that they bring into my life and help me to stay strong and empowered. Thank you for this reminder. I hope I can avoid the temptation of being attracted to Eights beyond a platonic friendship. I do love their strength and honesty!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm glad she sited anxious attachment style at the end. I feel like a lot of her perceptions on 8s have more to do with attachment styles, anxious vs dismissive, than anything really to do with 8s. I am an anxious attachment styles 8 and it is very easy for me to be vulnerable though probably in a more blunt and straight forward way. I don't do passive aggression and you don't have to read between the lines with me. Not all 8s are dismissive. The real general problem with this woman seems more to do with getting involved with dismissive's, which anxious and dismissive's attract each other, than it has to do with 8s in general. Having just dealt with a fearful dismissive 9 myself there is a world of information about attachment styles on the internet others should look into if they see themselves getting into these kinds of cycles.

https://jebkinnison.com/avoidant-the-book/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts