Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont quiet grasp the entire chart..but I do have an idea of why I think it is supposedly this way.
I will say however, being a 5w4....that 5w6 have the most amazing connection to me I have ever had.

I would like to open up some of my theories as to why I think this is.....however wanted to share this first and see what others thought. :)

SimilarMinds.com > Compatibility by Enneagram Types

·
Registered
570 Posts
I don't know a lot about Enneagrams, maybe someone here can help me out.

I believe I'm a 5w7, but I don't see such listing. I only see consecutive pairings. Am I just evaluating myself wrong? :-/

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I don't know a lot about Enneagrams, maybe someone here can help me out.

I believe I'm a 5w7, but I don't see such listing. I only see consecutive pairings. Am I just evaluating myself wrong? :-/
5w7 is not possible. I'm not sure why though (If someone could explain this I'd like to know). The only possibilities would be 5w6 or 5w4 because these are the types next to your type. It's also possible to have no wing at all. So if type 7 is your second highest score, you'd be wingless.

·
Registered
570 Posts
5w7 is not possible. I'm not sure why though (If someone could explain this I'd like to know). The only possibilities would be 5w6 or 5w4 because these are the types next to your type. It's also possible to have no wing at all. So if type 7 is your second highest score, you'd be wingless.
Thanks for that nugget.

I usually score 5 (though not always), and the rest of my scores are all over the place.

Last time I tested, 7 was my second highest, with 4 and 6 tied for 3rd.

If someone could explain why, that would be awesome :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that nugget.

I usually score 5 (though not always), and the rest of my scores are all over the place.

There is no definiate in enneagram. I test always a 5, however since enneagram is less personality and more emotional personality (how i see it anyhow) it can vary based on things going on in your life.

I am way more 4 when I am emotionally attached (family/friends/relationship) and carry on the rest of my life like a 5 with the 6 wing. However, I am some of both depending.

I am not sure of ENTP's being a 5...7 for sure I can see. I think 5's are usually introverts too btw. ???

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will take a 5w6 any day to hangout with and talk to.........it is the easiest flow I have ever known.... and based on this chart would be.

I have a theory about the pairings based on their need for attention, control etc....

·
Banned
451 Posts
I'm an 8 wing 7 and had a relationship with a 7 wing 8

Probably will be the love of my life

Very intense and powerful stuff

I think the 7 part was the problem......selfish and flighty me reckons

·
Banned
451 Posts
I will take a 5w6 any day to hangout with and talk to.........it is the easiest flow I have ever known.... and based on this chart would be.

I have a theory about the pairings based on their need for attention, control etc....
For things to work best I reckon one must be Jane and one Tarzan

Thus control and maybe attention problems could be a problem if neither is fulfilling their role?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For things to work best I reckon one must be Jane and one Tarzan

Thus control and maybe attention problems could be a problem if neither is fulfilling their role?

Yes, those are the lines I am thinking on.

So, for example... 2 care giver/8 control You can see on the spectrum how a 2 likes the attention and an 8 likes to control. It is a matter of how far you are allowing someone to step into those places in your life and how much you desire that attention.

For a 5, which I am a 5.....another 5 understand my needs and my signals. They do not see me as cold nor as not attending to their needs.. Where a 2s would see a 5 as both cold and neglectful and a 5 seeing a 2 as needy and intrusive.

A one would make demands of meeting their perfection...and a 9 who is the peacemaker would comply etc. Put a 1 with and 8 and you are going to see MAJOR control issues.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I dont quiet grasp the entire chart..but I do have an idea of why I think it is supposedly this way.
I will say however, being a 5w4....that 5w6 have the most amazing connection to me I have ever had.

I would like to open up some of my theories as to why I think this is.....however wanted to share this first and see what others thought. :)

SimilarMinds.com > Compatibility by Enneagram Types
5 is a thinking style... the difference between the two wings is inductive vs deductive thinking. It's like two sides of the same coin. It must feel rather nice for both to see the same things differently. Like... everything takes on a new depth.

Thanks for that nugget.

It's a matter of borrowing some of the energy from the types in your lines of integration/disintegration. (Stress/growth)
As it was pointed out the detachment of a 5 lends itself to introverted types. I'd have to read more of your posts, but you don't feel like a 5 to me at the moment.

·
Banned
451 Posts
Yes, those are the lines I am thinking on.

So, for example... 2 care giver/8 control You can see on the spectrum how a 2 likes the attention and an 8 likes to control. It is a matter of how far you are allowing someone to step into those places in your life and how much you desire that attention.

For a 5, which I am a 5.....another 5 understand my needs and my signals. They do not see me as cold nor as not attending to their needs.. Where a 2s would see a 5 as both cold and neglectful and a 5 seeing a 2 as needy and intrusive.

A one would make demands of meeting their perfection...and a 9 who is the peacemaker would comply etc. Put a 1 with and 8 and you are going to see MAJOR control issues.
Is there a list of compatibles and relationship dynamics for each E Type on the web?

I needs to learn this stuff

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
5 is a thinking style... the difference between the two wings is inductive vs deductive thinking. It's like two sides of the same coin. It must feel rather nice for both to see the same things differently. Like... everything takes on a new depth.

It's a matter of borrowing some of the energy from the types in your lines of integration/disintegration. (Stress/growth)
As it was pointed out the detachment of a 5 lends itself to introverted types. I'd have to read more of your posts, but you don't feel like a 5 to me at the moment.
I have a lot of changes going in my life right now...A LOT. I am feeling out of sorts to be honest....though I cant say out of sorts all good, or not.

·
Banned
451 Posts
Is there a list of compatibles and relationship dynamics for each E Type on the web?

I needs to learn this stuff
The above major brain fart brought to you by the bong hit or two on Sunday morning coming down

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I have a lot of changes going in my life right now...A LOT. I am feeling out of sorts to be honest....though I cant say out of sorts all good, or not.
Do you find it infringing on your sense of detachment? How does it affect your anger, and your inner sense of being capable?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you find it infringing on your sense of detachment? How does it affect your anger, and your inner sense of being capable?

When I am under a lot of stress/change....I am more 'needy' of socializing and people. My anger, it is less undercontrol in a different way. My anger is usually contained and vented in debate etc. Right now I am more 'touchy' about smaller things.

I actually signed up for this board, which I probably would have lurked before.

I am less productive and less attentive right now. Far less anal too......that part I despise...because I have a perfectionist side to me ..........and after I go through one of these phases everything is discombobulated and I have social interactions I regret. Ew, hate hindsight.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I have social interactions I regret.

I can relate to that.

Do you think when things are cleared up you'll detach and go back to lurking... or stop visiting altogether?

And out of curiosity... do you prefer the enneagram, or MBTI?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts