Personality Cafe banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
2,129 Posts
I'm sx/sp and when reading the sx description I agree that I am more social when I desire a partner. But once I find one, I go back to one-on-one and really don't like to go back and forth to social once I'm in a relationship.
Going social doesn't mean you become social. It only means you go out to look for some and in each group, place you enter you'll still be standing out, throwing off the group dynamic, etc.. Social descriptions are shitty, a lot of Social seconds think they don't care when they really have no idea what it is to be outside the herd. It's definitely unlike being up on tumblr after midnight and sharing stuff. You've got a good taste, though, I just don't get why not directly approach someone instad of leaving leaving these behind as messages in a bottle in the social web.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is an interesting thought... it triggers so many other questions

I would like to know more about how "integrated" the person is when this switch happens or if the less integrated the person is, how much more would the switch be extended for or if it would be more pronounced.

And another thing that this makes me wonder is if this could potentially have changed your variants.
Hypothetically speaking, lets say you have this partner that has helped you discover more of yourself as the relationships progresses and grow together. By showing you a new array of possibilities or different ways to see and react in different life scenarios, thus changing the way you process life.

·
Registered
984 Posts
When you're SO/SP and don't know if you can relate cause you don't want love... However, I can see myself relating. At least I can relate for when I'm on a search for new friends.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This reminds me a lot of the 2 "flows" of the instincts:

Syn-flow: sp → so → sx → sp
Stackings involved: sp/so → so/sx → sx/sp → sp/so
Direction: Compelled toward people. Acting upon and with others as a born insider i.e.- deeply human.

Contra-flow: sp → sx → so → sp
Stackings involved: sp/sx → sx/so → so/sp → sp/sx
Direction: Compelled against people. Seething belligerent outsiders; 'antisocial', provoking, reverse-flow change catalysts. In some profound sense, rejecting the human condition, their own and/or that of others.

I think the article was explaining the contra-flow... it might be different for instincts in the syn flow? So I think it might be explaining more of the flow from one instinct to the next, not nessesarily the dom type moving to blindspot. But I guess it'll get there eventually. Anyway I'm an so/sp and I really related to the Social moves to Self-Preserving and Self-preserving moves to Sexual.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for sharing your story...

I know that understanding the instincts can be confusing at times... the reason for this is because they represent the more primitive aspects of the personality. It helps to remember that it is not what we do but rather why we do it.

Food for thought....Your example could be sexual but sounds much more like the self-preserving/sexual rather than it does sexual. This is because the sexual instinct is looking for 'the one'... not the many. Generally sexuals are picky and selective. They get a quick hit when something unexpected is present... They don't want to waste their time or energy unless they have an inkling that there is real potential. And generally sexuals know before they ever meet a person if there is some type of chemistry or flow.

The high comes from the hit of intensity... the chemical reaction...the addiction is to the person you crave. Damping things down might help anxious feelings but is not what the sexual wants. They crave the energetic connection, the unfolding and process of revealing deeper feelings. So the question to ask is what is more stimulating... the buz from the experience of going through the process or the excitement of going deep with one desirable other?

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Thanks for sharing your story...

I know that understanding the instincts can be confusing at times... the reason for this is because they represent the more primitive aspects of the personality. It helps to remember that it is not what we do but rather why we do it.

Food for thought....Your example could be sexual but sounds much more like the self-preserving/sexual rather than it does sexual. This is because the sexual instinct is looking for 'the one'... not the many. Generally sexuals are picky and selective. They get a quick hit when something unexpected is present... They don't want to waste their time or energy unless they have an inkling that there is real potential. And generally sexuals know before they ever meet a person if there is some type of chemistry or flow.

The high comes from the hit of intensity... the chemical reaction...the addiction is to the person you crave. Damping things down might help anxious feelings but is not what the sexual wants. They crave the energetic connection, the unfolding and process of revealing deeper feelings. So the question to ask is what is more stimulating... the buz from the experience of going through the process or the excitement of going deep with one desirable other?
Are you Katherine Fauvre?

·
Registered
79 Posts
This is great work!

Thank you you very much for your appreciation of my work. Because of people like you that have been willing to share your deeper, more internal processes, I have learned great deal about the inner workings of the 27 Tritypes. The best way to confirm your Tritype is in a session. One thing I have learned over the years is that there are many factors that constitute and indicate one's potential type and Tritype. I have found that it requires deeper inquiry that we can usually do alone. The super ego has a vested interest in being or not being a particular type. Without deeper inquiry that is done in a way that gets around the super ego, it is guess work even if it is highly educated guess work.

The type and Tritype interventions will not work until you have the accurate lead type and Tritype...along with your lead instinctual type and stacking. Unfortunately, writing about your potential type and tritype is not in the free flow of real time so has several limitations. Remember that we have cultivated thoughts and beliefs over time. We need to get at what has been true most of your life, most of the time...no who you could be, should be or have become.

Real time inquiry based on what is said in the moment with immediate inquiry and response is the only way to get around the super ego to reveal the actual defenses that are operating at the core. There are many lookalikes. Each type has its own style of getting to the heart of the matter and what is the lead type.

Your talk style, timing, flow of responses, the nature and content of your responses, as well as your expressions and body language when you respond yields the most accurate information... So I am unable to do it here. I wish you the best on your journey of discovery.

Remember to consider you full stacking when looking at the findings. The most recent version of my free test with the EQ, Type, Tritype and Instinctual is here: http://app.trueself.io/home/(enneagram-test:enneagram/questions)?testName=enneagramv2
I have interviews on youtube and I do discuss some type, Tritype and instinctual type articles here. Katherine Chernick Fauvre Enneagram Consulting Katherine Fauvre Enneagram Consulting

Katherine8

·
Registered
79 Posts
Most recent update on my Free EnneagramType, Tritype,and Instinct test. Thank you all for your great feedback! Katherine

·
Registered
414 Posts
instinctual drive is easy, may i answer that question?! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Instinctual variants mainly go based on how the person identifies themselves. I'm an introvert with an SO dominant instinctual variant. I am more concerned with how the group is doing and if those around me are doing well then I am also doing well. Kind of a "I am as my group is" kind of thing. Instinctual variants actually don't have much to do with intro/extraversion but more so with where the person puts themselves.

This is how I think about it:

Do you gauge yourself based on your peers and how well they are doing? (SO)
Do you gauge yourself based on how well you are surviving or how successful you are? (SP)
Or do you gauge yourself based on your relationships and the strength of the one-on-one bond you have there? (SX)

61 - 72 of 72 Posts