Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Learn Astrology and you will understand Enneagram.

The types are:
-1 is Pluto or Scorpio
0 is Neptune or Pisces
1 is the Moon or Cancer
2 is Mars or Aries
3 is the Sun or Leo
4 is Uranus or Sagittarius
5 is Mercury or Gemini
6 is Venus or Libra
7 is Jupiter or Aquarius
8 is the Earth or Taurus
9 is Chiron or Virgo
10 is Saturn or Capricorn

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Your post is comparing apples to oranges. What you're talking about is related more to the 12 Enneagram Essence or Planetary Types not the 9 Enneagram Personality Types. Even though they both use the Enneagram symbol they are two completely different systems. This forum is about the 9 Enneagram Personality Types.

The planetary or essence types were originally written about by one of Gurdjieff's students, Rodney Collin in his book The Theory of Celestial Influence.

The most recent book on these 12 types I know of is The 12-Type Enneagram by Matthew Campling.

[video]
[/video]

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@enneathusiast

Enneagram has an hidden side. The Water types, or -1 (-. Pluto) 1 (+, The Moon) and 0 (Neptune).

Mr. Collin has it right, there are indeed 12 types, and they correlate with Astrology. However, he got the corrleation wrong. What I have written in this thread OP, is the correct correlation and please anybody who knows how to use this system in some way as Gurdjieff used the Enneagram, please contact me. I'd like to know more about a method that could use this hidden triad.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Enneagram has an hidden side. The Water types, or -1 (-. Pluto) 1 (+, The Moon) and 0 (Neptune).
I don't find astrology useful personally, but if you want to explore using the Enneagram symbol more in the Gurdjieff tradition then you may want to place the hidden types on the triangle (9, 3, 6) and work out from there. The triangle and hexad have different meaning in the Gurdjieff use whereas the personality types largely ignore that difference. The triangle introduces additional (sometimes hidden or not so obvious) influences to what's going on with the other points.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts