Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Ace of Spades
7w6 4w3 1w9 sp/so; Ni/Ne/Te-dom
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, thanks @Wake for linking me this a while back. Second, I apologize if someone has already posted it. Third, I'm just posting the results, I'm not implying I necessarily agree. Please keep in mind that these are general trends over a small sample size and do not account for exceptions.

The source.

The actual study.

Here are the number of participants:

Ennea.jpg

Here are the OPQ results (and my awesome MS Paint skills):

Here are the Big Five results:

Big 5.jpg

So looking at this, it implies:
Type 1: RLOAN/RLOEN
Type 2: ScOAI/ScUAI
Type 3: ScOei
Type 4: RLUAI/RLUEI
Type 5: RlOEI/RlUEI
Type 6: sLOEN/sLUEN/sLOAN/sLUAN
Type 7: SCUEI/SCUAI
Type 8: SCOEI
Type 9: RCUAN

Here are the Great Eight Competencies results:

Great 8.jpg

Ones, on average show a good potential in Organising & Executing and Applying Expertise & Technology;
Twos – in Working with People;
Threes – in Leading & Deciding, Interacting & Presenting and Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking;
Fours – in Creating & Innovating;
Fives – in Applying Expertise & Technology and Creating & Innovating;
Sevens – in Interacting & Presenting;
Eights – in Adapting & Coping, Leading & Deciding, Interacting & Presenting, Creating & Innovating and Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking;
Nines, show a good potential in Adapting & Coping.
Sixes did not show any particularly high scores.
Enjoy!
(or criticize)

·
MOTM January 2013
10,639 Posts
Thanks Spades! This is cool. I am slightly surprised at the types and characteristics, some of the characteristics align perfectly with the type from a quick glance p.o.v but looking deeper into it, I found aspects somewhat shallow. I noticed nobody scored high on forward thinking. Once again, I would be slightly wary of generalisations. I was a bit surprised to see 9's scoring high on tough mindedness and for some reason 4's in particular the lowest, it depends how the term is perceived. The 6's that answered this questionnaire are the least independentally minded but the least emotionally trusting and taking into consideration that us 6's are confusing characters, the results didn't quite add up but then they are wild cards.
I like the tables though, its good to see trends.
Good last table though in adding up each type's strengths especially in the career field.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Sixes did not show any particularly high scores.
O__O -dies a bit inside- I am now going to go bash my head against my desk. Haha. Hmmm... Six is all over the place which is probably why it is rather hard to chart. ^^

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts

·
MOTM Feb 2012
ISTJ 9w1
7,167 Posts
Type 9: RCUAN
I'm RCOEN. I would guess that most 9s would be RCxxN. U if they are Perceivers, O if they are Judgers, E if they are Thinkers, and A if they are Feelers. 9s tend toward Perceiving though, so probably RCUXN more often than not. If there was a good free test available, I'd gather some of my own results from the forum.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Just took the similarminds Big Five test. I am RCUEI.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
I'm between a 9 and 4 according to your chart, as a RCUAI :p

its actually very accurate, because even though I'm a 9w1 I do relate to a lot of the 4 traits, esp 4w5

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Last time I got xcUEI; my R/S score was right in the middle. Sometimes I get SCUEI, sometimes RCUEI, depends on my mood. Either way, it seems to be common enough among 7s ;)

Reactions: Spades

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I'm between a 9 and 4 according to your chart, as a RCUAI :p

its actually very accurate, because even though I'm a 9w1 I do relate to a lot of the 4 traits, esp 4w5
And I got SCUAI, which I actually don't relate to very well. x3 Which would make me more likely to be a Seven, apparently. o_O Then again, everything in the SCUAI description that said "anxiety free", "not afraid to draw attention to self", "not embarrassed easily", "fearless", you get the idea... those were the things I disagreed wish, and I suspect those descriptors were the things that made SCUAI seem Seven-ish.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
I'm apparently an RcuaI, primarily inquisitive. I don't remember taking the test, or much about the Big Five except that I thought it was silly. TBH I can't see the results changing much from back then.
Totes not a 6, clearly. :p

What's the Great Eight?

·
Ace of Spades
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 6's that answered this questionnaire are the least independentally minded but the least emotionally trusting and taking into consideration that us 6's are confusing characters, the results didn't quite add up but then they are wild cards.
O__O -dies a bit inside- I am now going to go bash my head against my desk. Haha. Hmmm... Six is all over the place which is probably why it is rather hard to chart. ^^
Oh definitely. In fact, take a look at the numbers. There were only 30 sixes surveyed, but we all know that Type 6 is the most common type. We also don't know which Big 5 and Enneagram tests they took. Looking at this, I suspect that the Sixes here were almost all Phobic, with the CP ones mistyping as Fours (look at all the 4's! They are supposed to be super rare).

I'm RCOEN. I would guess that most 9s would be RCxxN. U if they are Perceivers, O if they are Judgers, E if they are Thinkers, and A if they are Feelers. 9s tend toward Perceiving though, so probably RCUXN more often than not. If there was a good free test available, I'd gather some of my own results from the forum.
Oooh, that would be an awesome thing to do! There is a definite MBTI-Big Five Correlation as you pointed out. Those of you reading the chart, be careful how you read the correlations. Strong correlation is -1.0 and +1.0, no correlation is near 0.0. Negative numbers correspond to the letter on the left, positive numbers to the letter on the right.

These data suggest that four of the MBTI scales are related to the Big Five personality traits. These correlations show that E-I and S-N are strongly related to extraversion and openness respectively, while T-F and J-P are moderately related to agreeableness and conscientiousness respectively. The emotional stability dimension of the Big Five is largely absent from the original MBTI (though the TDI, discussed above, has addressed that dimension).
Last time I got xcUEI; my R/S score was right in the middle. Sometimes I get SCUEI, sometimes RCUEI, depends on my mood. Either way, it seems to be common enough among 7s ;)
Yep. I'm sCoE|I|, the "Organized" making me different from other Sevens, but my NTJ-ness and 8 fix explain that splendidly. I love how Type 3 and Type 8 corresponded to the same Big Five. The key difference I noticed was in the OPQ, 8's scored lowest in "Adaptability" and 3's scored highest.

And I got SCUAI, which I actually don't relate to very well. x3 Which would make me more likely to be a Seven, apparently. o_O Then again, everything in the SCUAI description that said "anxiety free", "not afraid to draw attention to self", "not embarrassed easily", "fearless", you get the idea... those were the things I disagreed wish, and I suspect those descriptors were the things that made SCUAI seem Seven-ish.
I'm curious how you got C in particular. Those are the traits associated with "Calm" as opposed to "Limbic". Are you usually relaxed and in a good mood?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Fascinating! The one that's hitting me in the face with it's blatant accuracy is the "optimistic" for 7s. I swear that's like the standout trait that unites all of the 7s I know IRL, for whatever the reason. Also, 6s being low on optimism is like, so true, based on the ones I know IRL.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I came out on the test as primarily Reserved. In fact, the Reserved description fit me to a T. The RCUEI description fit pretty well too

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
I got RLOeN. I consider myself to be more flexible than this definition lets on.

moody, not spontaneous, planner, unadventurous, withdrawn, prioritizes physical security, not big on art, not open to new experiences, not wild and crazy, avoids unnecessary interaction, bothered by disorder, not impulsive, not physically affectionate with most people, averse to change, not big on fun, socially unskilled, risk averse, feels untalented, thinks before acting, avoids crowds, loner, uncomfortable in unfamiliar situations, lower energy level, not that interested in relationships, not big on public speaking, lonely, easily frightened, slow to forgive, suspicious of others, strict with self, not a comedian, prepares for worst case scenarios, not calm, organized, avoidant, not very inquisitive, feels unattractive, avoids small talk, quick to judge others, easily annoyed, close minded, tense, private, prefers organized to unpredictable, hard to get to know, insensitive to the needs of others, not known for generosity, attached to conventional ways, pessimistic, acts with ulterior motives, not interested in science, risk averse
@Spades, do you know how the Big 5 typing compares to the Global 5/SLOAN?

I read Big 5 is

Openness to experience
Conscientiousness
Extraversion
Agreeableness
Neuroticism

and Global 5 is

Social or Reserved
Limbic or Calm
Organized or Unstructured
Accommodating or Egocentric
Non-curious or Inquisitive

Perhaps Social -> Extraversion
Limbic -> Neuroticism
Organized -> ?
Accommodating -> Agreeableness
Inquisitive -> Openness to xp
? <- Conscientious

Hmm... we've got some question marks there. I wonder what to make of that disconnect.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
I agree with the SLOAN 5's definition of Extroversion much more than MBTI
Extroversion - Social and Reserved type
--Social types feel at ease interacting with to others
--Reserved types are uncomfortable and/or disinterested with social interaction
If you're reserved over time you will start to feel less comfortable and/or interested with social situations and not feel any lift from the undesirable time socializing.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
@Spades, do you know how the Big 5 typing compares to the Global 5/SLOAN?

I read Big 5 is

Openness to experience
Conscientiousness
Extraversion
Agreeableness
Neuroticism

and Global 5 is

Social or Reserved
Limbic or Calm
Organized or Unstructured
Accommodating or Egocentric
Non-curious or Inquisitive

Limbic -> Neuroticism
Organized -> ?
? <- Conscientious

Hmm... we've got some question marks there. I wonder what to make of that disconnect.
I'm not Spades, but:

Reserved-Social = Extraversion (high strength of corellation to E/I in MBTI)
Limbic-Calm = Neuroticism (very low strength of corellation to F/T in MBTI)
Organized-Unstructured = Conscientiousness (high strength of corellation to J/P in MBTI)
Accomodating - Egocentric = Agreeableness (medium strength of corellation to F/T in MBTI)
Non-curious - Inquisitive = Openness to experience (medium-high strength of corellation to N/S in MBTI)

The one that's hitting me in the face with it's blatant accuracy is the "optimistic" for 7s. I swear that's like the standout trait that unites all of the 7s I know IRL, for whatever the reason.
Heh. I'm not blatantly optimistic. Sure, I would like the future to be bright and full of wonder, but I know it's not much realistic.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
edit: double post

·
Ace of Spades
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm apparently an RcuaI, primarily inquisitive. I don't remember taking the test, or much about the Big Five except that I thought it was silly. TBH I can't see the results changing much from back then.
Totes not a 6, clearly. :p

What's the Great Eight?
Interesting. Apparently you're an INFP too =P Nah, MBTI is only loosely correlated to Big Five (see my above post). I find it interesting how non-6ish your type turned out, again probably due to my speculation about sixes mistyping. You should be the exemplar for how typology doesn't always correlate, heh.

Also, I couldn't find too much info on Great Eight (without having to pay money to take their test apparently). Basically, they are business aptitudes from the looks of it.

Limbic -> Neuroticism
Organized -> ?
? <- Conscientious

I still think they are the same thing, or at least stemmed from the same idea? Conscientiousness is Organized/Unstructured. I know, it doesn't make much sense but that's the impression I get. For example, I'm someone who isn't conscientious but is structured. Go figure.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Heh. I'm not blatantly optimistic. Sure, I would like the future to be bright and full of wonder, but I know it's not much realistic.
Well, I didn't say "blatantly" optimistic, but it's more about personal motivation than anything, and most of the ones I know are motivated by taking an optimistic outlook in their lives. It doesn't have to take over everything, but it comes out in their behavior more than in other enneatypes I've noticed, most notably more than 6s, who tend to have a more pessimistic nature.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts