Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey INFPs,

I've noticed a lot of you think you are enneagram type 4s or 5s, mostly 4s.

I have always felt the most connection with enneagram type 1 with a 9 wing. I find that it seems to mesh well with the INFP description - highly idealistic, principled, and concerned with right vs. wrong. I've always felt like what really deeply motivates me is a desire to "be good" and "do good" and to have integrity. And then that 9 wing - intense dislike of conflict.

I find it so interesting that I haven't come across another INFP who describes herself as a 1.

Do any of you relate to this? Do any of you know which meyers-briggs personality types usually identify with enneagram type 1?

·
Registered
5 Posts
ISJF, INFP, and Enneagram Type One

Hey INFPs,

I've noticed a lot of you think you are enneagram type 4s or 5s, mostly 4s.

I have always felt the most connection with enneagram type 1 with a 9 wing. I find that it seems to mesh well with the INFP description - highly idealistic, principled, and concerned with right vs. wrong. I've always felt like what really deeply motivates me is a desire to "be good" and "do good" and to have integrity. And then that 9 wing - intense dislike of conflict.

I find it so interesting that I haven't come across another INFP who describes herself as a 1.

Do any of you relate to this? Do any of you know which meyers-briggs personality types usually identify with enneagram type 1?
That's so interesting. I'm also an Enneagram One with a Nine wing, but I test as ISFJ (although pretty fifty-fifty on the S and F)

This is the first time I've replied using quotes - I hope it's correct to start typing after the quoted part, not before it... Guess I'll soon find out if it's not.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
There are other INFP 1's on the forum. I also know some ENFP 1's. I don't think MBTI dictates what your enneagram is. They are two different theories independent of one another. One thing I do notice though is that enneagram can explain why people of the same MBTI can be so different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts