Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I keep on taking different tests and I usually get either 2w3, 4w3, or 5w4 and I just want some clarification :) I am an INFP Male btw.

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

I am driven by fun...I enjoy having fun in every situation I do, and I always look for ways to have more fun. Most of the time, "fun" for me is just doing something I enjoy (usually by myself, because of less stress).

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

In life, I just want to be happy. I want to achieve that happiness with hopefully finding love and being with someone I care about, or if not just having as much fun as possible and enjoying my life.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

I hope to avoid being mean and confrontational towards people. I also hope do avoid being the person that people don't want around, although I don't want to be around certain people all of the time. Values that are important to me are Kindness, Generosity and Loyalty (partially).

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

My biggest fear is losing everything I love, including items, important people, etc. due to a stupid mistake or a failure due to me.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

I want others to see me as kind, easy-going, and somewhat fun and spontaneous. I see myself as self-conscious, nervous, sensitive, caring, and a little bit too forgiving.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

I feel best when I am in moments of pure happiness and when everything is going my way. I feel my worst, when I am left out or neglected, or forgotten, even though it might be partially my fault.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

Anger-I rarely express it, if ever. I get angry very little, and am usually very preoccupied with other feelings such as anxiety.
Shame-I feel quite a bit of shame time to time, but infrequently. If I do feel shame, I feel it hard, and may be too shameful. If I don't, than I may be described as apathetic.
Anxiety- I am anxious most of the time, and am always extremely nervous in social situations. Even though, I am quick on my feet and usually know the right things to say, I still get nervous and uncomfortable in any and most social situations.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

Stress- When facing stress, i will usually look for a way to escape the stress rather than facing it head on. I will either listen to music and go into my own world, Smoke some weed, Play guitar, or just distract myself with things to keep me busy.
Unexpected Change- Unexpected Change stresses me out a fair amount, but it is not something I can not handle.
Conflict- I hate conflict and try my best to avoid it at all costs.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

Authority- I dislike authority and like to do as I please
Power- I can deal with being in Power, but it also causes a lot of stress.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

I see life as a bundle of experiences that affect your overall outlook on it. I feel like you just go through the experiences and try to make the best out of it, and have as much fun and be good to people as much as you can. I see humanity, as cruel but with a capability for peace if some people were just willing to open their minds :)

I really appreciate it if you guys read this far, and would be glad to hear your insight onto my Enneatype. Thanks!

·
Registered
560 Posts
9w1 so/sx =) Do you relate to this description?

Social 9: Participation
Social Nines have a drive to belong, lacking the certainty that they actually do. They lack a sense of ease in social situations, because of their sensitivity to whether they are really welcome or not. They often feel that they don't know how to become part of the group, and, rather than being themselves, they try to fit n by emulating socially acceptable forms of behavior and communication. Inevitably this leaves them feeling that they are not really making contact, and so reinforces their sense of being left out. This attempt to participate through social conventions is how the passion of laziness manifests here, and in their resulting tendency to make superficial contact with others.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Personality tests are often more confusing than helping in enneagram because they mostly analyze certain traits and match them to descriptions. This works for the MBTI because that works with fixed personality dimensions. The enneagram does not.

I agree with the others that you could be a 9, based on your descriptions.

Your typing results react to your withdrawn tendencies so i would put you there on the Hornevian Triad. You should be a 4/5/9. This combines with a tendency toward interpersonal interaction which the tests seemingly missapplied to 2/3 sometimes. I read you more like a positive outlook person, that's why i thought 7 for a few moments (you evade negative feelings).
All in all, positive withdrawn means 9.

Wings are another matter. I don't see it in your description at all. Same goes for instinctual subtypes, you might be sp/so or so/sp quite as likely. Take the 9, see if that works for you and do a little soul searching.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Personality tests are often more confusing than helping in enneagram because they mostly analyze certain traits and match them to descriptions. This works for the MBTI because that works with fixed personality dimensions. The enneagram does not.

I agree with the others that you could be a 9, based on your descriptions.

Your typing results react to your withdrawn tendencies so i would put you there on the Hornevian Triad. You should be a 4/5/9. This combines with a tendency toward interpersonal interaction which the tests seemingly missapplied to 2/3 sometimes. I read you more like a positive outlook person, that's why i thought 7 for a few moments (you evade negative feelings).
All in all, positive withdrawn means 9.

Wings are another matter. I don't see it in your description at all. Same goes for instinctual subtypes, you might be sp/so or so/sp quite as likely. Take the 9, see if that works for you and do a little soul searching.
I absolutely agree with the withdrawn tendecies description 100%. And, I think I agree with you saying my type is Type 9...it makes more sense haha thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts