Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good articles describing how the different types tend to behave as children. I thought that kind of thing would really help me in determining my type.

If you're curious as to why I think it would be easier to type me based on my childhood, I was in an abusive relationship from 16-21 and am only just getting "back to normal" now.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi guys! I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good articles describing how the different types tend to behave as children. I thought that kind of thing would really help me in determining my type.

If you're curious as to why I think it would be easier to type me based on my childhood, I was in an abusive relationship from 16-21 and am only just getting "back to normal" now.

Thanks! :)
Have you heard of integration and disintegration points?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much for the link @Bluefireluv. I'm now pretty much entirely convinced that I'm a three that thought she was a five because my family put a huge emphasis on my education and always rewarded me for being "smart".

I think I just didn't want to accept that I actually do care a great deal about what other people think of me. And the slump I went into when I disintegrated to nine I mistook for fiveish introversion because I was spending a lot of time studying (rather, trying to study) and reading.

I'm glad I've worked this out now that I'm feeling better though because you can only get so far trying to work on personal growth for the wrong type! :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yes, I have. Depending on what I'm reading though, sometimes the descriptions can seem either too general or too exaggerated so I've had a bit of trouble identifying with them.
Really? I'd have thought that all you have to do is get whatever E-type you're disintegrating too and put all their negative stereotypes in a steroid pill.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
The One Child - Enneagram
Just change the link (from "the-one-child to the-two-child", etc.) to see the rest!
Haha, I was ready to post about how most descriptions would be woefully inaccurate, but these seem pretty okay. I tend to judge sites based on how they write their 6 descriptions, and I didn't overly hate theirs. Pleasant surprise.

The 6 Parent one didn't resonate much with my experience, though. My mom is phobic 6w7 and didn't teach me that the world was superdangerous; she often encouraged me to explore the world.

Yes, I have. Depending on what I'm reading though, sometimes the descriptions can seem either too general or too exaggerated so I've had a bit of trouble identifying with them.
Agreed. Good on you for recognizing this, it's very common to forget. :)

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Eh. The Four child descriptions often miss the mark, and tend to describe depressive teenagers rather than children. I wasn't constantly brooding, or moping around. I identified a lot with my feelings, yes, but I was also a very happy, bubbly child. In fact, the Seven child description fits me perfectly, haha. I was just all over the place, impulsive, enthusiastic, incredibly friendly and talkative. When I hear my childhood stories, I'm often wondering how the hell I grew up to be the person I am now.

The Six parent description though, is incredibly spot on.

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
The description is so vague and contentless that there really isn't much to say about it more than it operating on stereotypes. The shorter a description is, the less likely it is to actually say something relevant and unique to the type. I'm quite sure any type can for instance intellectually belittle their parents and this is hardly unique to type 5. I don't think I did even, because I always respected my dad.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
None of these fit. Oh well, must be a type 12 then.

Reactions: Curiously and 0+n*1

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
The four description was pretty accurate for me except I was talkative, smiley, and loved to laugh. I wasn't sad all the time like the description makes it sound, but I was very sensitive.

Expressive is definitely accurate...I would make up dramatic dances to classical music, for example, and I liked writing stories and drawing pictures that depicted what I was feeling at the time, often times, channeling those feelings through the characters I created. I enjoyed playing by myself in my fantasy worlds more than playing with others. When I did play with others, it was almost always pretend play.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
The Four child description is spot-on in my book.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Eh. The Four child descriptions often miss the mark, and tend to describe depressive teenagers rather than children. I wasn't constantly brooding, or moping around. I identified a lot with my feelings, yes, but I was also a very happy, bubbly child. In fact, the Seven child description fits me perfectly, haha. I was just all over the place, impulsive, enthusiastic, incredibly friendly and talkative. When I hear my childhood stories, I'm often wondering how the hell I grew up to be the person I am now.
The Six parent description though, is incredibly spot on.
interesting. I fit the 4 child description almost perfectly and the 7 not at all :confused:

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
8, and then 7 are most accurate for me. But how reliable is childhood behavior in finding one's type? I mean, most of us change...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts