Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My friend "Stan" and I will occasionally try to come up with what each type is in colors, musical genres, etc. It's rather superficial, but it's sort of fun. So we tried to connect Enneagram types with certain fruits. Here's what we came up with:

1: Cherry
2: Peach
3: Orange
4: Raspberry
5: Banana Apple
6: Apple Pear
7: Lemon
8: Grapefruit
9: Strawberry

I could go into the reasoning process for some of this, if you guys like. Opinions? Is this the stupidest thing you've ever seen, done, or eaten?

·
Registered
503 Posts
In my mind, the reasoning for 9 as strawberry goes something like this: First, it doesn't seem like strawberry is as "polarizing" of a fruit as a lot of fruits are, which fits with the idea of inoffensiveness and avoiding conflict that type 9 tends to have. Also, I get kind of an "early summer" feeling, if that makes any sense, from strawberry - that kind of feel where it's still a little like spring, the grass is green, the winds are blowing, and it hasn't gotten very hot yet - that kind of idyllic atmosphere which (at least where I come from) we kind of associate with June. And, I also kind of get that feeling from 9's - the weather is nice, it's sunny, you can relax and enjoy the green grass and flowers.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why is Nine a strawberry?
Emm... that was one of the less compelling connections. I guess it has some tartness but is generally pleasant and unassuming. Maybe that sort of captures how it's in the gut triad. Meh?

Obviously, a lot of this "analysis" (pshhh) is BS.

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
In my mind, the reasoning for 9 as strawberry goes something like this: First, it doesn't seem like strawberry is as "polarizing" of a fruit as a lot of fruits are, which fits with the idea of inoffensiveness and avoiding conflict that type 9 tends to have. Also, I get kind of an "early summer" feeling, if that makes any sense, from strawberry - that kind of feel where it's still a little like spring, the grass is green, the winds are blowing, and it hasn't gotten very hot yet - that kind of idyllic atmosphere which (at least where I come from) we kind of associate with June. And, I also kind of get that feeling from 9's - the weather is nice, it's sunny, you can relax and enjoy the green grass and flowers.
Love it! Okay, i'm a strawberry! :)

Emm... that was one of the less compelling connections. I guess it has some tartness but is generally pleasant and unassuming. Maybe that sort of captures how it's in the gut triad. Meh?

Obviously, a lot of this "analysis" (pshhh) is BS.
Yes. Thank you so much for not assigning Lemon to Nines. ;-)

So glad I'm not a Lemon.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love it! Okay, i'm a strawberry! :)

Yes. Thank you so much for not assigning Lemon to Nines. ;-)

So glad I'm not a Lemon.
I'm an apple >_> How boring. Although I could revise that to pear. I see pears as sort of 6ish.

·
Registered
503 Posts
We may switch 5 and 6 - apples have more of that crispness going on, which can maybe fit with the way that 5's can be kind of detached and precise.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We may switch 5 and 6 - apples have more of that crispness going on, which can maybe fit with the way that 5's can be kind of detached and precise.
And what, make six the banana? I mean, sorta. I think it's the same thing with pears, how they can be sort of hard to get through to on the outside but inside they're soft and sweet. Almost how 6s can be trusting and close even to the point of clinginess once they're secure. I get that from pears, sort of from bananas.

·
Registered
535 Posts
It's strangely fitting. I like the lemon for sevens. The only one I can't quite see is cherry for type one. Could you explain that one?

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
I got the 7 one, "when life gives you a lemon, make lemonade". It's the ultimate 7 mentality.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
I'm an apple >_> How boring. Although I could revise that to pear. I see pears as sort of 6ish.
XD!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^ ahh that made me laugh. Thx man.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's strangely fitting. I like the lemon for sevens. The only one I can't quite see is cherry for type one. Could you explain that one?
Well, I see the cherry as having some degree of sophistication to it. And it has that large core inside, sort of the way ones are grounded and, if unhealthy, can be resentful.

I got the 7 one, "when life gives you a lemon, make lemonade". It's the ultimate 7 mentality.
Yeah, that's sort of it. Also just how much energy is contained within a lemon in all that citrus. Sometimes you 7s are almost TOO tangy xD

·
Registered
503 Posts
Just to expand a little more on the idea of cherry as 1 - I see the core as very representative of the repressed emotions, in particular anger, that a 1 can have. 1's try to be pure and moral, but a lot of them (when at unhealthy levels) have hidden resentment towards others that they see as "immoral", just as the pleasant-tasting (pure and "righteous") cherry hides a hard, unyielding, not-something-you-should-eat pit (unbending in their views and potentially resentful).

Taking this analogy even unnecessarily further, what is the pit exactly? - it's the seed of the cherry, the thing that allows it to reproduce and grow. So that could potentially tie into how a lot of 1's may have repressed desires, or have pursued some kind of purity in purging those desires (pitted cherries) and feel more pure for it.

·
Registered
992 Posts
My friend "Stan" and I will occasionally try to come up with what each type is in colors, musical genres, etc. It's rather superficial, but it's sort of fun. So we tried to connect Enneagram types with certain fruits. Here's what we came up with:

1: Cherry
2: Peach
3: Orange
4: Raspberry
5: Banana Apple
6: Apple Pear
7: Lemon
8: Grapefruit
9: Strawberry

I could go into the reasoning process for some of this, if you guys like. Opinions? Is this the stupidest thing you've ever seen, done, or eaten?
LOL, 5 = apple? explain?

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Clearly 6 should be the tomato.

Reactions: marzipan01

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lemonade jokes aside, I really see myself as being more of a rambutan.
Um, sure, that works, but I think lemons are more commonly known. We tried to pick more ubiquitous fruits for the most part.
LOL, 5 = apple? explain?
Connotations of apples with intelligence aside, I think the nature of apples sort of describes 5. As Stan explained:
I think it sort of fits. I mean, a lot of these are a bit of a stretch. But I like it.
Clearly 6 should be the tomato.
First of all, we obstinately refused to include the tomato because we dislike acknowledging it as a fruit. It's not very fruitish. And besides, I liked my explanations for the pear.

Though if we were going for general foodstuff... yeah, you'd probably be right. I'm a tomato >_>

Reactions: Stan the Woz

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Yeah, that's sort of it. Also just how much energy is contained within a lemon in all that citrus. Sometimes you 7s are almost TOO tangy xD
All you'd have to do is add sugar and we can be tastier :) People couldn't drink lemon juice straight so they water it down and add sugar. The more I think about it though I wonder if this might be suitable to some 8s as well, but grapefruit is probably better (this opinion is based on stereotype).

Reactions: marzipan01
1 - 20 of 57 Posts