Personality Cafe banner

INFPs, what is your enneagram?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 890 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making a poll to see what Enneagram type is most common among INFPs here. I know in general it is Type 4, but I am looking to see the results for this subsection of this forum.

If you are not an INFP, you are still very welcome to comment, though I do request that you do not vote as not to "containmate" the results.

To learn more about Enneagrams... Enneagram Institute: Enneagram Testing & Training

Discuss!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i came up with a result as a 5 on the most recent test i did, although in the past have come up with 9.. I thought five was a bit strange for INFP, i thought mostly INTPs were 5,
I sometimes type as a 5w6, though most often type as a 6w5.

While some may think that makes me "less of an INFP", it does not.

Lawls, I'm a type four. :D

Go on with your bad self!

I joke, I kid! Don't take it personally. I can mock myself as well.

·
Premium Member
15,198 Posts
I have tested as a 5, 9w1 SX (sexual variant?) and then I took another test and it said "we cannot determine your type you are either 9 or 5w4" I think it said. Last night I took a short free version of a test and came out a 4, which I DO NOT think I am. I am in limbo as far as enneagram.

At my core I am soooo much an investigator.(5) So curious about things/the world. Knowledge is more important to me than love. But... I abhor conflict.(9) But... I LOVE to withdrawl,,, love love love ISOLATION.(5) So I really don't know. I will not vote at this time as to not screw up the stats or vote as something I might not really be. But if I figure it out, I will come back and vote.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm quite sure I'm a 4 too, but I can't say with certainity.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Definitely not, rather I'd say that enneagram 6 is Introverted Feeling at full use, at least for INFPs with this type. And I'm an 6w5 as well.
6 is most associated with ISFJs, but there's no perfect correlation between MBTI and Enneagram because one is used to determine cognitive functions and the other determines basic motivations and the behavior associated with them.

The trend is that INFPs generally test 4 or 9, but that's just a trend.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm a type 9, and then according to the first test I took that was pretty in depth I'm exactly tied on 2-7 for 2nd.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Using tests to determine your Enneagram type can be as inaccurate as using tests to determine your MBTI type; many people are mistyped since they take these personality tests and assume the results to be true. It is recommended that one read profiles on each type and consider similarities in motivations, integration/disintegration responses, and general characteristics of the types in order to more accurately determine one's type.

I'm surprised there aren't more 9's - maybe they just haven't gotten around to voting yet.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I get 5w4 consistently too. I always score highest on five and second highest on four. Recently though, I've been wondering whether I am actually just a really unhealthy four that's trying to escape into an idealized version of myself - cool, detached and intellectual. So the jury's out o_O

After taking the tests and reading through all the descriptions, 4w5 definitely rings the most with me. Big suprise huh?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go read Edgar Allan Poe and listen to The Cure.

:laughing:

I'll join you! *hums Lovecats* xD

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I always test equally with 4 and 5, but the description of the 4 describes me so well, I knew I had to be a 4w5. I can relate a lot to 3's though. The idea of creating the perfect self-image, but I think I am a 4 trying to be an individual by not being categorized as a 4. :dry:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've tested 4, 5, 6 & 9. I guess several aspects of all those types are applicable to me in some degree. But imo it's not really a methodologically sound typology anyway.

1 - 20 of 890 Posts