Personality Cafe banner
181 - 200 of 254 Posts
China, I'd have thought would be 8w9 SP: 8w9's are people of few words and tend to say only what they need to; SP's are sinister, and predatory.
Sounds more like unhealthy sex/soc.

Am I the only one who agrees with the original Japanese typing? I am not crazy familiar with Japanese culture or anything but...

My understanding of the Japanese business model is that innovative and creative ideas are encouraged and rewarded. One of the biggest culture clashes when Toyota was teaching its business model in the U.S. was that the Japanese managers believed that every employee should be encouraged to make suggestions to their bosses that would improve the product and work environment. The American managers were used to considering their workers to be a different (much lower) species. Americans wanted automatons and successful bosses. The Japanese wanted clever and creative workers that could bring them new ideas. That sounds to me like they strongly valued some elements that could be brought to the table by fours and fives. The Americans, on the other hand, seemed to be too busy equating financial success with intelligence to see that their employees could have good ideas.

Another thing that I find interesting in a distant and none too familiar way is that it seems like Japanese kids are just as accepted when they dress outrageously and creatively as other plainer clothed kids. That lack of conformity in outward appearance usually meets with some pretty staunch resistance and overt criticism in the states. That also seems to suggest a bigger willingness to accept the artistic drama a four might be interested in...

Another thing that I found interesting when I was reading about Japan a few years ago is that while people often see a whole lot of outward conformity in their etiquette and behavior there is actually more acceptance of individuality in private than in the U.S. For instance, they tend to report being much more religiously tolerant of different groups than Americans do. They also have a dazzlingly innovative and edgier night life. Weird looks to be highly tolerated.
From what I've heard it's Japanese bosses that seem to hate originality and like to use the same old method. And Japanese kids have to obey a dress code in their schools. And Japanese individualists are often ostracized and bullied in school. Also American bosses don't consider their employees automatons or a different species. Stop making Japan look like a paradise and stop making America look like a hellhole.

South Asia as a whole:
Right now mostly 3 with 9 fix,So/Sp.
Any bedouin tribe:type 1 with 7 fix,Sx/So or So/Sx.
Brazil:type 7bw,Sp-last,8 fix.

Sooo... this basically means that in the U.S. the following Tritypes are most praised:

- 136: The Task Master (the discerning, focused, and responsible type)
- 137: The Systems Builder (the diligent, ambitious, and innovative type)
- 369: The Mediator (those who consistently adapt in order to feel seen, be safe and secure, and to be in harmony with everyone)
- 379: The Ambassador (the competitive, fun, "chill" guy type)
- 378: The Justice Fighter/ Debater (the aggressive, competitive, eccentric type that when healthy fights for the oppressed but when unhealthy fight for their own advantage at the expense of others)
- 379: The Ambassador (The kind, success-oriented, outgoing type)

Fun idea and I think this can be applied to secondary and tertiary preferences. Overall, I would wager all 9 types have similar distribution, as core motivations, all over the world. I would expect types 3, 6, & 9 to be the largest clusters and the outliers of 1w2, 2w1, 4w5, 5w4, 7w8, & 8w7 to be the smallest.

Likewise SP/SO is probably the most common instinctual variant, followed by SO/SX & SX/SP. The counter culture variants of SX/SO, SO/SP, & SP/SX would be the least common.

Sooo... this basically means that in the U.S. the following Tritypes are most praised:

- 136: The Task Master (the discerning, focused, and responsible type)
- 137: The Systems Builder (the diligent, ambitious, and innovative type)
- 369: The Mediator (those who consistently adapt in order to feel seen, be safe and secure, and to be in harmony with everyone)
- 379: The Ambassador (the competitive, fun, "chill" guy type)
- 378: The Justice Fighter/ Debater (the aggressive, competitive, eccentric type that when healthy fights for the oppressed but when unhealthy fight for their own advantage at the expense of others)
- 379: The Ambassador (The kind, success-oriented, outgoing type)
I would say type 6 valued very highly in America, just as much as type 3 is. Types 7 & 8 round out the main culture. 8 tends to be more valued than 1, especially in the South. This is because of the idea that morals should be driven by compassion and to not be afraid to challenge "bad people". There's also the American ideal to defend your values and protect the people you care for. These four types are the most common fixes. 368 is probably the quintessential Southern archetype of who a "real man" should be. 269 is the quintessential Southern Lady. I differentiate the region as America is quite a large place. Still, 368 & 378 sum up American culture the best

I'd say more Nine than One. ISTJ sounds right, although I haven't heard mbti being applied to countries.

(It's nice to find another Belgian 4w5 INFP on this forum. I'm from Antwerp, if you'd like to know.)
Yeah i thought the same. Hmm, probably every country is a nine then because nine is more common then 8 or 1. But in comparison with other countries, i think 1 is more common in Belgium.

Yes i find it nice too. I'm from Kortrijk. :) so more to the southwest. We are not alone in this alienated world :D

England, Germany, Japan, and Russia all have some aspect of 4w5, my Enneatype. No wonder I have always been particularly interested with those countries more than others. I have nothing in common with my native USA.

The UK is not 1, 5 and 6, but 3, 6 and 9.
3, 6, & 9 are the centers of each triad so they're going to be the most common, anywhere. So realistically, I would say every country is 3, 6, 9. But what's the fun in that.

uruguay is a 6w7, argentina i believe a 3w2 or 3w4. for countries that are actually known, i think south africa is a 3w4, the netherlands 7w8, uk is a 5 and 1, france seems like a strong 4, maybe 4w3, italy looks like an 8 to me

I wonder if what are the results and changes after switching to different countries, how many time switching, and time of phase when switched wold factor into the results of over all compare and contrast.

One: Japan
Two: India
Three: USA
Four: France
Five: Sweden
Six: Germany, China
Seven: Australia, Brazil
Eight: Russia
Nine: United Kingdom, Canada

Flandres or north Belgium

1: more common than average
2: probably around average
3: more common than average
4: very uncommon
5: uncommon, although more common than france and the french-speaking part and probably above average.
6: very common, above average
7: uncommon, hugely below average.
8: uncommon, less than average
9: common but maybe less common than average

Belgium is a walhalla for sixes. 6w7

181 - 200 of 254 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.