Brazil: 7 social

Scotland: 8 self pres
Turkey: 8 sexual
Mexico: 8 social

Russia: 9 self pres
Austria: 9 sexual
India: 9 social

I live in New Zealand.

New Zealand is a 9w8 country. Values the peace, lots of humility and tall poppy syndrome. Lots of refusal to address important issues and a lot of "she'll be alright". Very down to earth and connected to the nature. Most New Zealanders don't vie for extravagance. New Zealanders are also very chill; some of us go to the store in dressing gowns or barefoot.

I'm a 9w8 and moved from Canada (described as a 9) to Germany (6-5-8 trytype) so this is interesting!

UK- 1w9 So/Sp (With 4 disengration and growth to 7 being common)
USA- 3w2 So/Sp
France- 4w3 Sx/Sp
Germany- 5w6 Sp/Sx
Canada- 2w1 Sp/So
Australia-7w8 Sp/Sx
NZ- 9w8 Sp/So
China- 3w4 So/Sp
Japan- 1w9 Sp/So
Russia- 8w9 Sp/Sx
Brazil-7w6 So/Sx

Reactions: gibdo
Some months ago I read a book (Saddam Hussein and the Crisis in the Gulf, by Judith Miller & Laurie Mylroie), and at one point the authors said something very interesting when comparing Iraq to Egypt and Syria.

I might not remember the exact words that were used, but the idea was the following: politically speaking, Egypt had been a more moderate country,while Syria's politics had been marked by tension, and Iraq's, by radicalism (or maybe they said extremism).

By reading the book, it's pretty evident that Hussein was a Sexual Eight, and Iraq itself would probably be a Sexual Eight country too.

Still, I don't know that much about Egypt and Syria. Would anyone who is more familiar with the culture of those countries have any guess on their possible Enneagram types?

I'm not really sure about Egypt and Syria, but if I had to guess then I'd say they're both enneagram 6 countries. The US, I'd say is mostly 1, 6 and 7 depending on which aspects of culture you're talking about. Maybe some 3 for businesses in the US.

Poland: 5 self pres
As I am a Pole myself, I'm wondering what made you choose enneagram 5 for Poland? Honestly, our country has not experienced any literary realism (like books of George Elliot) whatsoever. In fact all XIX century can be characterized as romanticism, then modified romanticism (Prus and its "Doll", called "positivism" in Poland; notwithstanding that's a book about a guy, who felt in tragic love to aristocratic lady) and then (BOOM!) modernism. Most important cultural ideas have always been romanticism, messianism, bravery, self-sacrifice and generosity. None of them fits enneagram 5.
In my view Poland is extremely 4-like, namely 4w3 sp. Our culture exhibits strange dualism. On the one hand, there is a great national pride in Polish people, on the other hand - they are secretly envying West its progress and wish they were placed in any other place of the world. There is a great dose of pessimism and fatalism in "this land" (as often called by Poles, when they, interchangeably, love it or hate it).
Other countries you typed:
Switzerland: 1w9 sp
Sweden: 9w1 so
England (if there is anything like "English culture" at all): 7w6 sp
Thailand: 2w1 sx (not sure)
China: 9w8 so (by all means)
Venezuela: 8w7 sx (maybe? not sure too)
USA: 3w2 so
France: 5w4 sx (very intellectual culture)
Italy: 2w3 sx
Japan: 1w2 sp (might disagree though)
Iran: 5 (might be)
Canada: would say 9w1 sp
Germany: 6w5 so
Spain: 8w7 so (might be 7w8 sx as well)
Saudi Arabia - it might shock you: 1w2 sx
Brazil: 7w6 so
Mexico: 8w7 sp (rather than so)
Austria: 4w3 sx
India: 4 (I cannot specify wing or variant)
Left: Russia, Scotland, Turkey (I have to think a bit about them)

I'm not going to type countries as a whole, but rather try to guess which type their culture matches best. MBTI type (I'm more Keirsian though) corresponds to more "objective" traits of the culture, what ties the culture together. Enneagram type corresponds to the predominant motivations of people within that culture.

Places I've lived in:
Russia - ISTP 9
Serbia - ENTP 2

Places I've consumed a lot of content from:
USA - ESTJ 3
England - ISTJ 8

Places I don't know much about (not even their language), but that are still fun to guess:
France - INFJ 4
Iran - ISFP 1
Japan - ISFJ 3

241 - 254 of 254 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.