Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: TEST CHANGED TO BETTER TEST

I've heard people discuss enneagram types a bunch throughout these forums and I've taken the test before but I forgot my results. I just retook the one here:
->> http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/dotest.php <--

I got:

Type 6 - Anxiety - 90%
Type 5 - Detachment - 82%
Type 1 - Perfectionism - 82%
Type 4 - Hypersensitivity - 74%

Everthing else was 40% or lower.

That was my results. So like 6 is highest with 5 and 1 being tied for 2nd highest. So I guess I'm a 6w5w1 or something like that. I'm not terribly knowledgeable about what exactly all of this means, but I'm curious if personality types generally test similar on this. I'm sure there's someone out there with more info and also feel free to post your results here as I'm curious to what others get and what exactly it means etc.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, any links to explain more in detail what this stuff means would be appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm curious what exactly it means too. Looks like ours is similar.

My results:

Type 5 - Detachment 90%
Type 1 - Perfectionism 86%
Type 6 - Anxiety 82%
Type 9 - Calmness 66%
Type 2 - Helpfulness 62%
Type 8 - Aggressiveness 50%
Type 4 - Hypersensitivity 46%
Type 3 - Image Focus 26%
Type 7 - Adventurousness 18%

so/sp/sx

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I've heard people discuss enneagram types a bunch throughout these forums and I've taken the test before but I forgot my results. I just retook the one here: Free Enneagram Personality Test
Thanks for the link, I've always been curious about this enneagram business but never had the opportunity to take a test until now.

Type 5 Detachment - I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy. - 78%
Type 1 Perfectionism - I must be perfect and good to be happy. - 78%
Type 3 Image Focus - I must be impressive and attractive to be happy. - 74%
Type 6 Anxiety - I must be secure and safe to be happy. - 70%
Type 9 Calmness - I must maintian a peaceful and easygoing environment to be happy. - 66%

so/sp/sx.

Reactions: niss and Qadosh

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is this "so/sp/sx" you two have posted supposed to mean? I didn't see that anywhere.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
What is this "so/sp/sx" you two have posted supposed to mean? I didn't see that anywhere.
It's in smaller print at the bottom, where they give you your type result.

"Your variant reflects your scoring profile on all nine types: so = social variant (compliant, friendly), sx = sexual variant (assertive, intense), sp = self preservation variant (withdrawn, security seeking)."

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
28 Posts
When you take that test you posted, right next to whatever type you are at the bottom it will say so/sp/sx or something similar. I'm not sure exactly what they mean.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I know that I'm a phobic 6w5 so/sp. (I recently checked out a book from my university's library on enneagram stuff- it's very interesting and helpful. The readings in it are much more helpful than a lot of the reading I see on this forum. Books are amazing.)
I started off learning most of the stuff about enneagram on this forum. Just kinda reading around and getting to know all of the crazy things like wings and so/sp/sx and counterphobic/phobic.

So like 6 is highest with 5 and 1 being tied for 2nd highest. So I guess I'm a 6w5w1 or something like that. I'm not terribly knowledgeable about what exactly all of this means, but I'm curious if personality types generally test similar on this. I'm sure there's someone out there with more info and also feel free to post your results here as I'm curious to what others get and what exactly it means etc.
Wings don't exactly work that way. You can only be +1 or -1 of the number that you scored highest in (look at the enneagram circle image on the main forum page). So you could be a 6w5 or a 6w7. There are different definitions for each of these types. I suggest you check out the enneagram section of this forum- it's quite helpful. It might take you a few days to analyze and soak up the info though.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I looked at that section but to be honest it was like looking at an oversized hamburger and trying to figure out what side I should start on.
I started by researching wings, since I was baffled by the "w". I read the bio for 6w7, and thought, "No way, that isn't me." I read the bio for 6w5, and pondered it for a while. Then I read more about so/sp/sx, and that was easy for me to figure out. Next came counterphobic/phobic definitions. I've done this with enneagram numbers 1, 5, and 6 to find out what matched me the best. Then I read more of the "tips" for the enneagram type that I am.
I guess you just have to be interested in it enough to dive in... it is very scary at first. But it gets more interesting and fun along the way. And you don't HAVE to look into it... it's just another thing. I still think that MBTI has helped me the most in my day-to-day life.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Care to provide any links where I could read about this stuff?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I looked at that section but to be honest it was like looking at an oversized hamburger and trying to figure out what side I should start on.
I've been noticing you have a way with descriptive words that's frankly amazing. Hilarious, dude! :crazy:

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
I really don't like this test.

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||| 30%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||| 18%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||||||| 86%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Type 7 Adventurousness || 10%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||| 18%
Type 9 Calmness |||||| 22%

I don't think it accounts for the types the correct way. It seems to look for each types tendency such as anxiety, perfectionism, or detachment and call that to be of a certain type, but multiple types have a strong tendency towards that detail.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Well probably the best test I know of is at: http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/dotest.php

To get the gist of each of the types examine this chart: The Enneagram Charts—Chart 1 Download
You may have to get a free membership to Enneagram Institute but there is no downside, its actually very helpful with the enneathought.

To get a more in depth look at each of the types click a number on the illustration of this page: Enneagram Institute: Enneagram Testing & Training

I wish I had started this post to get more views of this posting but I talk about enneagram enough I don't like to seem like I push my point too hard.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I really don't like this test.

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||| 30%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||| 18%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||||||| 86%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Type 7 Adventurousness || 10%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||| 18%
Type 9 Calmness |||||| 22%

I don't think it accounts for the types the correct way. It seems to look for each types tendency such as anxiety, perfectionism, or detachment and call that to be of a certain type, but multiple types have a strong tendency towards that detail.
*shrug* yeah I don't know about this stuff. No one is really chiming in with useful information to find out more about it, either. Maybe making this thread was a waste of time.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
The enneagram is favored by me over the MBTI because it starts at your core value, and motivations then goes from there to predict how exactly we build ourselves.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
lol that test called me a type 6 in the end. I know how 6's are and am close to one in real life and I can be certain that I am not one. I'm a type 1, a text book example

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Type 1 - 14
Type 5 - 8.7
Type 9 - 5
Type 2 - 3.3

Wing 1w9 - 16.5
Wing 1w2 - 15.7
Wing 9w1 - 12

That sounds about right.

According to the enneagram there is a division within each type, and the wing is to explain that. In my case I am a 1w9 meaning I am a 1 but I have the tendencies of a 9. 9's being a bit passive, and unassertive. My best example of a 1w9 in terms of the MBTI is the ISTJ stereotype. I've learned to draw the wing 2 out regularly to get things done, so my 1w2 scores is strong as well. A 1w2 is somewhat aggressive, and assertive. My best example of 1w2 is the ESTJ stereotype.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts