Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
The Enneagram on PerC, is only now gaining some popularity. Yet, most people have a very small grasp of the theory (hell man, look at the type me threads). People are typing based mostly on descriptions, and even worse, people are using tests as grounds for a type.

"I'm a unique snowflake, my process walks circles around your banana."

- The mis-typings here are far stretching in terms of people, yet they stay to the same types: 4, 5, & 8. As a loose model of type-density per population: types 8, 5, & 4 are the rarest Enneagram types. If you are going around as one of these, I would heavily recommend re-assessing your type. To go around as a mis-type (no matter how cool you think it is) will inhibit yourself (in the eyes of the Enneagram). To focus on the unnatural in your personality, you will cause more anxiety.

- Types relating to the 3-6-9 group, generally make up just over half of the population. In second place, we have the 6-2-1 groupings. Most people, by far, will fit into these types. You are probably one of them (but I'm a snowflake!). No.

- The Enneagram deals with your motivations, actions are only secondary to motivations. No enneagram type will "lower" yourself, it's a fantastic starting point to truly look at yourself.

Common Stereotypes:

(I will give them some forgiveness for the mis-types, as good information of the Enneagram is lacking terribly. Most of the crap you see on it, is a mass of boolshit.)

Type 3: People see them as valley-girls, athletes, "superstars". A superficial, unintelligent mess of 1upmanship. It's far more complicated than that, don't limit your thought.

Type 4: Probably the most annoying mis-type I see, if you are into Art, Have Feelings, and have problems with people, you get thrown into the 4 boat (it makes me go "fuu"). 4's are an incredibly intense type, and incredibly vain. They romanticize the type, because it's what we do, they are "tragic". People use the type as a crutch for their problems, but you're limping on the wrong leg.

Type 5: Another grand mis-type, if you're intelligent and cannot shower, you are a 5. If you have a thought, or are considered somewhat logical, 5. Again, wrong stereotypes. Never assume because you are an INT/F that you are a 5, or a 4. 5's are a heavily detached type, and they have a strong power desire (oh wow, who wants power!?).

Type 6: Ugh, the type most people are, but nobody wants to be. They are so mis-represented by descriptions. They are seen as anxiety-ridden, sad sacks, who cannot function properly. 6's are a truly powerful Enneagram type, their thought covers all bases, and they keep people well. Being a 6 is a good thing, do not for a second, think that they are a weak one.

Type 7: People see em' as spastic, fun-loving, carnal embracing, caffine machines. They have a branching thought, (Think Ne), it's quick and expansive. They are the Jack-Of-All-Trades, the crutch of the 7 is escapism, they run inside their heads when something gets to be too much.

And, Type 8: Another gross exaggeration of a type, people assume if you "take no crap" "make descions" that they are an 8. Most of the behaviors associated to be "8"s are actually 6ish, and 3ish in nature. An 8 is a rough type, afraid of vulnerability, so they push. It's a lonely type, and you are probably a 6.

Final line on typing and stereotypes: (You are probably a 6, 2, 3, or 9, it's not a bad thing.)

Tri-Type Theory:

Its a theory that takes a type from all 3 centers (Image, Head, and Gut/Presence) and put's them together to draw a clearer picture of a person. (it's still a personality theory, it's not you in a box).

Take ONE, of each.

Image types: 2, 3, and 4.
Head types: 5, 6, and 7.
Gut/Presence types: 8, 9, and 1.

You still have a core type, and it's your strongest, but how you deal with certain things can be associated with your tri points.Remember, you cannot have a tri-fix point in the same group as your others. A [4]-[3]-6, [5]-[6]-8, [8]-[9]-2 are not possible in tri theory. <- I put brackets over the repeaters.

Reminder: A shared wing with type is possible. I see a lot of people wondering, if 4w5, and 5w4 are possible points in a tri type. They are totally possible, along with 7w8, with 8w7. (also 1w2, and 2w1). In a sense, they would show one as a little more consistent.

(Be wary, a 4w5 with a 5w4 fix, is a very, very, weird and uncommon type. You are probably not one)

·
Registered
94 Posts
im an 8. soo just how rare are they? being a female 8 is rough. and it is lonley type, maybe for the pure fact i equate vulnerability with weakness. and god forbid i show any sign of weakness to anyone and lose conrtol. therefore making it hard for almost anyone (espeically romantically) to knock down the walls and let them in. its easier to push someone away. which ive realized i do when a relationship tends to get more serious. the older i get the more ive recognized and been aware of these things and ive begun working on them. though, there are days it feels like a never ending battle.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
The ones for types 4 and 5 made me laugh. Thank you :crazy:

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Tri-Type Theory:

Its a theory that takes a type from all 3 centers (Image, Head, and Gut/Presence) and put's them together to draw a clearer picture of a person. (it's still a personality theory, it's not you in a box).

Take ONE, of each.

Image types: 2, 3, and 4.
Head types: 5, 6, and 7.
Gut/Presence types: 8, 9, and 1.

You still have a core type, and it's your strongest, but how you deal with certain things can be associated with your tri points.Remember, you cannot have a tri-fix point in the same group as your others. A [4]-[3]-6, [5]-[6]-8, [8]-[9]-2 are not possible in tri theory. <- I put brackets over the repeaters.
This contradicts the Enneagram model for type 4 and type 5. According to the model 4's connect to 2 and 1, while 5's connect to 7 and 8. The model implies that 4's have a double dose of Heart (Image) and 5's have a double dose of Head, and this seems to be more correct from what I've read about the types than not.

View attachment 1180

I appreciate this theory as a very logical approach to individual typing meant to include at least one element of each group (Head, Gut, Heart). But, if the base theory can include 2 types within the same group (as seen for 4's and 5's), then why can't that also be true if we allow for individual unique triads - especially if there is a full step between types (for example, 8 and 1, 7 and 5, 2 and 4)?

It seems highly possible that some people sincerely prefer two of their groups over the other. This would explain a lot of 'imbalance' in people. If individuals are not bound to one of each group then I'm an 8w9, 2w1, 4w5. The only leaning toward the Head group I have is my 5 wing. I lean heavily on the Gut and Heart groups, while the Head group is clearly my weakest source of motivation. However, this is pretty consistent with type 8's 'typical' ties to 2 and 5, as well as 2's ties to 8 and 4, so it's not too far outside of the box.

View attachment 1181

To be concise, I like the more open and individual approach to this, but I think it is a mistake to assume that everyone has a leaning into all three groups because some of us need to be aware of our lack of motivation in a group if we are 'unbalanced'. Ennegram is about self awareness, and to try to force one's self into an artificial mold would be counter to that cause.

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tri-Type theory leads to your dealings with each center (what attitude you take for each center), all are circled around your core type. It is not a mix of types.

Head deals with anxiety, and fear.

Gut deals with anger.

Image/Heart deals with shame.

To dismiss a center disconnects you from some pretty basic emotions, you have no concept of anxiety or fear? You are not "tied" to the head group by a wing. A wing is nothing more than a focus of the type.

Using a blender on the Enneagram only makes for a shitty milkshake.

Self-awareness: oh how I want to be an unboxed fairy. Enneagram is a system, not a warm hug. The specifications can be improved, or changed; but not destroyed.

(I'm an 8w8 8w8 8w8)

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
To dismiss a center disconnects you from some pretty basic emotions, you have no concept of anxiety or fear?
Honestly, I think you're taking the Enneagram into a simplification that it can't really fit into when you presume that Enneagram types are a source of basic emotions, or that any of these types can fit neatly into a box.

Enneagram types are nothing more than the logical manifestation of basic motivations. If someone's basic motivation is for success, they will adapt mechanisms to support this motivation, often the same mechanisms, good, bad, or indifferent... and therefore become a Type 3. If you don't understand that Enneagram is based on inherent motivations, you need to go back to basics. How a person adapts to those motivations is what creates the possibility of a wing or not. Most people will adapt in a similar fashion - the balanced type. Some people will develop more toward one of the other wing directions in adapting to their primary motivation.

Enneagram type is based on an individual's primary motivation, be it a desire for success, power, love, rightness, fun, loyalty, etc. The only way that additional influences can be taken into account is if we consider secondary and tertiary motivations. These motivations needn't fit neatly into a logical model, as motivations are often illogical. Ennegram is nothing more than a model of motivations and how people typically adapt to their motivations. Motivations are frequently instilled in us at an early age by external factors and filtered by our perspectives (aka cognitive preferences), which means that our motivations can very easily step outside the box of 'one from each set'.

To assume that Enneagram can be used to explain personality in an encompassing cognitive model would be like assuming that MBTI could explain someone's motivations. Enneagram can't be used to cover the scope of the mind. It isn't designed for that any more than Jungian Archetypes can tell you what a person wants most in life. That's why these two systems work so well together. They cover different aspects of personality - perspective and motivation.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Honestly, I think you're taking the Enneagram into a simplification that it can't really fit into when you presume that Enneagram types are a source of basic emotions, or that any of these types can fit neatly into a box.

Enneagram types are nothing more than the logical manifestation of basic motivations. If someone's basic motivation is for success, they will adapt mechanisms to support this motivation, often the same mechanisms, good, bad, or indifferent... and therefore become a Type 3. If you don't understand that Enneagram is based on inherent motivations, you need to go back to basics. How a person adapts to those motivations is what creates the possibility of a wing or not. Most people will adapt in a similar fashion - the balanced type. Some people will develop more toward one of the other wing directions in adapting to their primary motivation.

Enneagram type is based on an individual's primary motivation, be it a desire for success, power, love, rightness, fun, loyalty, etc. The only way that additional influences can be taken into account is if we consider secondary and tertiary motivations. These motivations needn't fit neatly into a logical model, as motivations are often illogical. Ennegram is nothing more than a model of motivations and how people typically adapt to their motivations. Motivations are frequently instilled in us at an early age by external factors and filtered by our perspectives (aka cognitive preferences), which means that our motivations can very easily step outside the box of 'one from each set'.

To assume that Enneagram can be used to explain personality in an encompassing cognitive model would be like assuming that MBTI could explain someone's motivations. Enneagram can't be used to cover the scope of the mind. It isn't designed for that any more than Jungian Archetypes can tell you what a person wants most in life. That's why these two systems work so well together. They cover different aspects of personality - perspective and motivation.
Just know that he's not making this up. The tritype theory is pretty generally accepted in the Enneagram community. Yes, we still all have our main type that "defines" us and tells of our core motivation, but we aren't one-dimensional. The Enneagram considers three dimensions of our character and motivation -- image, thinking, and instinctual matters -- and represents it with one type from each triad to describe us in each respective dimension. Naturally, for example, my Eight and Five fixes don't make me the same as people who are primary Eights and Fives. It just makes me a flavor of Three, and that's the point. People are going to have different levels of balance among the types, but that's to be expected -- it doesn't invalidate the idea that we have a type to describe each of our three supposed dimensions.

If it helps, don't think of this as the traditional Enneagram; think of it as something new and, in my opinion, better. It's still based on the simple idea of type, but it expands and explains so much more. It's not about having multiple types and motivations, but being able to describe multiple dimensions of oneself -- and understand which of these dimensions is most prominent and core-driven from person to person.

Of course no system can ever truly explain a person -- and cognitive functioning as well as motivations can manifest in different ways. That's a given. The tritype theory of the Enneagram is just a way of expanding on what most people feel is an inadequate theory (and I tend to agree -- in its simplest form, I think the Enneagram is pretty much crap), so you can take it or leave it. Clearly it's no science -- no personality theory can claim that.

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think you have a loose grip on the Enneagram, and you're counter-phobic is showing.

The centers unify three types, each of those three types relate to a main emotion of the center. Again with the blender, you're seeking a liquid mess I can feed to an infant.

Other than a very basic description of the Enneagram, this paragraph is nothing more than word vomit and pretty frills.

Again, Tri-Theory is not a mix of motivations, I would recommend reading. You sound like a substitute teacher, having to teach the class with nothing more than scholastic readings. Understanding a system is a bit more than knowing how it -basically- works.

Passive aggression is a killer, I'll make sure to watch out for people (the ones that assume in the manner you state).

Rather than to attack one with a sense of direction, all I saw from you was word-vomit. I'll admit the bullshit is a bit rough to sift through (it's like Taco Bell or something), relevance is key.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I tend to agree -- in its simplest form, I think the Enneagram is pretty much crap, so you can take it or leave it. Clearly it's no science -- no personality theory can claim that.
I agree.

From what I can tell about Enneagram, it is a highly speculative system based almost entirely on escalating conjecture. It began as conjecture from George Ivanovich Gurdjieff's Fourth Way teachings, and has since had the conjecture of countless others added to it. There are a lot of contradictions within Enneagram theories and descriptions. Everyone seems to have their own take on it. I've also seen many tweaks and tinkerings with the Enneagram system to attempt to make it a valid system. This tri-type approach seems to be another attempt to make Enneagram apply to the entirety of a person, though it does build upon the basic intentions of the Fourth Way methodology.

However, it steps away from the root of the Enneagram - which is inherent motivations. While every human being would to some degree have all of the motivations implied in the Enneagram, I think it is terribly assumptive to presume that each of the Fourth Way divisions (Head, Body, Heart) has a greater affect on personality than our inherent motivations - in the order in which they motivate us.

According to the logic of this system (and the results below), I would be an 8w9 Body, 2w1 or possibly a 4w5 (even though they're both almost tied) Heart, and lastly a 7w8 (even though my 8 is clearly stronger than my 7... unless we want to presume that my 7 has a 6 wing, even though 6 is one of my lowest scores...) Head.

View attachment 1184

This is where the tri-type theory really falls apart for me. It doesn't take into account the strength of preferences, which in turn downplays personality mechanisms that are important to the individual while elevating sensibilities that are somewhat minor to the individual.

According to the scores above, my Body score is 112, my Heart score is 101, and my Head score is 91. Again, it is pretty clear that any motivations stemming from the Head types are not especially important to my psychological mechanisms. I'm not presuming I don't have any of them at all, but to assume that they have much of an affect on my personality seems to be ignoring the obvious. Tri-type theory is inherently designed to overlook important factors. If you're going to look past the most preferred Enneagram type, you need to look at everything, not just a few of the highlights, especially when they're forced samples.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Methinks you're placing too much value on testing. Most tests are pretty much worthless and are only vague guides to send you on your way to finding your type. Finding your true type ought to be primarily based upon personal research and reflection...NOT internet test results.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I agree.

From what I can tell about Enneagram, it is a highly speculative system based almost entirely on escalating conjecture. It began as conjecture from George Ivanovich Gurdjieff's Fourth Way teachings, and has since had the conjecture of countless others added to it. There are a lot of contradictions within Enneagram theories and descriptions. Everyone seems to have their own take on it. I've also seen many tweaks and tinkerings with the Enneagram system to attempt to make it a valid system. This tri-type approach seems to be another attempt to make Enneagram apply to the entirety of a person, though it does build upon the basic intentions of the Fourth Way methodology.

However, it steps away from the root of the Enneagram - which is inherent motivations. While every human being would to some degree have all of the motivations implied in the Enneagram, I think it is terribly assumptive to presume that each of the Fourth Way divisions (Head, Body, Heart) has a greater affect on personality than our inherent motivations - in the order in which they motivate us.

According to the logic of this system (and the results below), I would be an 8w9 Body, 2w1 or possibly a 4w5 (even though they're both almost tied) Heart, and lastly a 7w8 (even though my 8 is clearly stronger than my 7... unless we want to presume that my 7 has a 6 wing, even though 6 is one of my lowest scores...) Head.

View attachment 1184

This is where the tri-type theory really falls apart for me. It doesn't take into account the strength of preferences, which in turn downplays personality mechanisms that are important to the individual while elevating sensibilities that are somewhat minor to the individual.

According to the scores above, my Body score is 112, my Heart score is 101, and my Head score is 91. Again, it is pretty clear that any motivations stemming from the Head types are not especially important to my psychological mechanisms. I'm not presuming I don't have any of them at all, but to assume that they have much of an affect on my personality seems to be ignoring the obvious. Tri-type theory is inherently designed to overlook important factors. If you're going to look past the most preferred Enneagram type, you need to look at everything, not just a few of the highlights, especially when they're forced samples.
One problem here is that you are depending on some random test, and going by the percentages it gives you, as a way to measure, and prove something larger than a bad test, is inaccurate. If this test had twice the amount of questions, you would see these percentages change quite a bit, as there would be more to go by. So, thats not an accurate way to measure this. Next.

Also, even with the tritype, there is still a core type. The tritype just broadens your type a bit to account for things that the core type might not. Its a more accurate fingerprint. Me for example, my core type is a head type. I still have inner-workings that are motivated by heart, and gut - they just aren't as predominant, but they are certainly there, and rear their head at times. They also give a slightly different flavor to my head type than another person might have with a heart fix, and gut fix different from my own. Most fives seem to have a nine gut fix.. they are passive on top of their five shyness, making them overall seem not nearly as aggressive and assured as I come off as, being that my gut fix is eight.

And I do see where you are coming from, attacking the 'logic of the system' - been there, done that. Maybe there is nothing to any 'pseudo-science' or typology at all - but if you are actually going to buy into the system enough to walk around wearing one of its labels, why not at least make sure its an accurate label? Enneagram -is- a system, with specific rules and specific descriptions for each type. If you are such a unique snowflake that enneagram can't explain what you are, and if the system is so illogical and wrong, then why wear one of its labels at all?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I suppose I did the typical 8 approach of seeming to attack what I don't understand in an attempt to test it and learn from the results. Sorry. It's just my manner. I appreciate the help and explanations.

Methinks you're placing too much value on testing. Most tests are pretty much worthless and are only vague guides to send you on your way to finding your type. Finding your true type ought to be primarily based upon personal research and reflection...NOT internet test results.
One problem here is that you are depending on some random test, and going by the percentages it gives you, as a way to measure, and prove something larger than a bad test, is inaccurate. If this test had twice the amount of questions, you would see these percentages change quite a bit, as there would be more to go by. So, thats not an accurate way to measure this. Next.
/nod

I understand the issues with self assessment tests, as well as the craftsmanship of random tests made by people who are unlikely to be experts. I agree that one test is only going to point you in the right direction to start doing your research.

I posted those results because they're extremely typical of the results I've gotten from various Enneagram tests I've taken over the years. There are five Enneagram tests out there that I've taken once every few months, when I allow myself time to forget what I answered the time before.

Three of them (the one above, similarminds, and that Enneagram focused site with two tests) provide results that are 8 - 4 - 2 often with 1 a tie with 2.
One of them (the other test from the Enneagram focused site) provides results that are 2 - 8 - 1 - 4.
The last one (a very long test on an Enneagram enthusiast's blog) provides results that are 4 - 2 - 9.

I'm posting my results because I'm trying to see how I would fit into the Tri-type theory so I can better understand it. I do best with personal examples from which I then branch out. However, my scores are clearly not fitting into the Tri-type system as it is described. Therefore either the system is bunk or I need someone to show me how I would fit into it otherwise. I was kinda hoping for the latter.

Also, even with the tritype, there is still a core type. The tritype just broadens your type a bit to account for things that the core type might not. Its a more accurate fingerprint. Me for example, my core type is a head type. I still have inner-workings that are motivated by heart, and gut - they just aren't as predominant, but they are certainly there, and rear their head at times. They also give a slightly different flavor to my head type than another person might have with a heart fix, and gut fix different from my own. Most fives seem to have a nine gut fix.. they are passive on top of their five shyness, making them overall seem not nearly as aggressive and assured as I come off as, being that my gut fix is eight.

And I do see where you are coming from, attacking the 'logic of the system' - been there, done that. Maybe there is nothing to any 'pseudo-science' or typology at all - but if you are actually going to buy into the system enough to walk around wearing one of its labels, why not at least make sure its an accurate label? Enneagram -is- a system, with specific rules and specific descriptions for each type. If you are such a unique snowflake that enneagram can't explain what you are, and if the system is so illogical and wrong, then why wear one of its labels at all?
I'm not an Enneagram expert, but I'm somewhat well read on the basics. I'm trying to understand this tri-type approach and how it differs from the standard model where each type acts like other types during growth and stress. If I am to understand this system correctly... it overlaps on top of everything else about Enneagram, so it would look like this...?

My Body fix would be 8w9.
My 8 side seems like a 2 when healthy and 5 when stressed.

My Heart fix would be either some manner of 4 or 2, probably 4w3.
My 4 side seems like a 1 when healthy and a 2 when stressed.

My Head fix would then be something like 6 or 5, probably a 6w5.
My 6 side seems like a 9 when healthy and a 3 when stressed.

When I am in a mode where Body is in charge I'm most like the 8w9. When my Heart takes over I'm like the 4w3. When my Head is in charge I am more motivated by the 6w5? Also, this implies that while I don't have 2 in my set, my Body and Heart fixes go to 2 when respectively healthy or stressed, so I'm going to seem a lot like a 2 when either of them are in dominance - which is more often than not because I'm primarily Body and Heart oriented. When my Head is healthy it seems like 9, which also supports my Body's 9 wing. When my Body is unhealthy, I seem 5 like which supports my Head 5 wing. When my head is stressed, I seem a bit 3 like which supports my Heart's 3 wing.

Therefore, some people radiate into seeming like certain types (manifesting certain type isms) through fix echoes?

The fix that is most commonly in charge is my core type? Or is core type independent of these? For instance, my Body is most often in control, that makes me an 8w9... or is my Body fix something entirely separate from my core type, and my Body fix could be something like a 1w2? (If the latter is the case, please explain how that works, thanks)

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I suppose I did the typical 8 approach of seeming to attack what I don't understand in an attempt to test it and learn from the results. Sorry. It's just my manner. I appreciate the help and explanations.
That's 6ish behavior, really, I see no 8. In the "arguments" you get into over Perc you've used the excuse "I'm an 8 sorry guys, it's what we do".

Now while your touting your "people are too complex to type" deal, this is contradictory behavior. A mental cop-out to avoid the real. You look like you have to prove your 8ness everywhere you go, as it is not a natural preference.

The fix that is most commonly in charge is my core type? Or is core type independent of these? For instance, my Body is most often in control, that makes me an 8w9... or is my Body fix something entirely separate from my core type, and my Body fix could be something like a 1w2? (If the latter is the case, please explain how that works, thanks)
In Tri-Theory, core type is still core type. It's the First type in the XwX-XwX-XwX format, they are ordered by relevance (strength in each).

It's not about a type "taking control", core is still the rock. It's your attitude towards each of the centers (how you approach: image, gut, and head).

My Tri (3w4-5w6-8w7), shows that the 3w4 is my core type, it is also in the image center which makes it my image fix. My 5w6 head fix shows more than my 8w7 gut fix (hence the ordering).

Wings don't express another type (a 3w4 is not like a 3 and 4 combined), it's the focus of your main type. A 3 with a 4 wing, will look for the "fame, success, yadda yadda" through the realm of a 4. They like to be admired from afar, (as opposed to the more personable approach of a 3w2), "you can look, but don't touch".

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
That's 6ish behavior, really, I see no 8. In the "arguments" you get into over Perc you've used the excuse "I'm an 8 sorry guys, it's what we do".

Now while your touting your "people are too complex to type" deal, this is contradictory behavior. A mental cop-out to avoid the real. You look like you have to prove your 8ness everywhere you go, as it is not a natural preference.
Your opinion on my type is irrelevant.

In Tri-Theory, core type is still core type. It's the First type in the XwX-XwX-XwX format, they are ordered by relevance (strength in each).

It's not about a type "taking control", core is still the rock. It's your attitude towards each of the centers (how you approach: image, gut, and head).

My Tri (3w4-5w6-8w7), shows that the 3w4 is my core type, it is also in the image center which makes it my image fix. My 5w6 head fix shows more than my 8w7 gut fix (hence the ordering).
Thanks for explaining this.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Your opinion on my type is irrelevant.
There's no need to be rude. He may not know you well enough to judge your type for sure, but he does understand the Enneagram a good deal better than you do, and he was simply stating how your posting behavior appears in terms of relating back to type.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
There's no need to be rude. He may not know you well enough to judge your type for sure, but he does understand the Enneagram a good deal better than you do, and he was simply stating how your posting behavior appears in terms of relating back to type.
That wasn't rude. It was just a fact, not intended to be antagonistic. I was simply stating my lack of interest on the subject.

1 - 20 of 196 Posts