Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always have difficulty typing myself according to the enneagram test, but I've gotten type 7 for a while now. I also know that this is pretty unheard of for INFPs. Is anyone else here an enneatype 7 and an INFP?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, really? I tried searching for threads like this but came up with nothing. Sorry about the repost!

I've actually been considering that, but I've also been looking at Enneatype 4. That's the other one that comes up consistently on my results.

I guess I'm just wondering if it's even possible to be both an Enneatype 7 and INFP?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Psychological theories are never 'set in stone', everyone's different, take the test over a period of time and introspect to find out more about yourself maybe.

There was a thread I posted in today about common mistyping or something, that read might be funny for you, or slightly offensive, no idea but yeah. XD

After much painstaking efforts to search for the thread (Yeah right lol) here it is: http://personalitycafe.com/enneagram-personality-theory-forum/55796-common-reasons-behind-mistyping.html

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
There may be other types you're not considering,that are similar to type 7.

2w3
6w7
3w2
4w3

just some options...variants are also important..you shouldn't rely on the test results,they're crappish.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just took it and I'm a type seven as well, apparently! I'm definitely, without a doubt, an INFP. It's possible the enneagram is wrong, but INFP fits me to a T. Keep in mind that I'm not *extremely* introverted; only about a 65/35 or maybe even 60/40 inoverted/extroverted.

So, it may not be common, but here we are!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've been considering making a thread about Type 5 INFPs myself... I'm still struggling to see if I'm more 5w4 or 4w5, which seems like a common problem. When I read the direct comparison of the two, I felt slightly more 5w4, but it's hard to say... Oh well. It would explain my kinship with INTJs and INTPs. I may go in-depth at some point.

I apologize for the slightly off-topicness, but my research and whatnot just hasn't given me an answer. I don't want to make a new thread...

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Hmm the way I detach from my feelings is amazing. I can listen to a really painful story and feel...not much. Its like I don't deal with feelings immediately or something and understand everything intuitively, through logic.

Things do get to me when I'm alone thou and I make decisions based on feelings. I'm considering type 5 but the description leans toward type 4 more. I'm really moody.

Type 4w3, 3wx, 7wx, 2wx, 6w7, type 8 sometimes, type 9 sometimes, not sure about type 1 but maybe. These are all E types.

o.o it could be that some of you are ENFPs. Remember ENFPs need time to recharge and they are the most introverted of the E types.

Introvert types: type 8 sometimes, type 9 most of the time, type 4w5, type 5, type 6w5, type 1 usually

It can be hard typing in the enneagram, it isn't as clear cut as the MBTI.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
i didnt mean to say that this was a repost :)
i think if you are testing type 7 a lot there is a high possibility that you are an ENFP. Sometimes our circumstance can mask what we naturally are

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
My enneagram type is rather inconsistent, i almost always end up with different results. They do however remain consistently inconsistent. I myself get the 7 as one of my dominate types but it is never the #1 type. I however am rather boarder line between E/I and sit just on the introverted side of it all.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I get type 7 aswell. I was kinda surprised but not that much when I got that. I think of myself as mix between I/E, I just use the E-part usually only when I'm extremely comfortable and sure that I'm with good people. Like a realistical ENFP, hehe. But I do like to spend most of my time alone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts