Personality Cafe banner

ENTJ 3's?

[Enneagram Type 3] 
36K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  RafayMony 
#1 ·
Are you type 3 and ENTJ? Or know anyone who is?

Talk about this combo here! :crazy:

Reactions: cir
#3 ·
Type 3w2, ENTJ.
I think it's odd.
3 enhances my achievement loving, problem solving mindset, but it also makes me a lot more vulnerable to what other people think about me, which is terrible. It's upsetting when shit I do isn't appreciated, which shouldn't matter logically.
w2 is everything an ENTJ doesn't need. However, a dash of empathy and kindness suits the manipulative nature of the colder 3wENTJ side.

#7 ·
I have almost no 2. My 1 is high on most tests, and it makes sense to me that it would be high for me. But my 2 is generally pretty low. 9 tends to be lower as well.

#8 ·
Apparently, I am a 3w4 sx/sp ENTJ. I am not extremely sure of my type, though. I believe this combo is pretty common in ENTJ's. Te values things by having a reference system to measure things and, as such, believes the more achievements someone has, the more valuable that person is. As you can see, it is pretty easy to slip into the 3 category, especially as a Te - Ni combo, because Ni targets long-range, big picture planing.

How do you approach challenges with Te - Ni?

I am not entirely sure of my MBTI.

#20 ·
1) Super ambitious to succeed in life. Very motivated by money and vanity
2) Highly critical of others and myself (not sure if that's a type 3 thing, or ENTJ, or both)
3) Very preoccupied and concerned with what others think of me
4) Failure is what I'm most scared of in life
5) Extremely competitive, even with things I don't care about - especially when unhealthy
6) Natural inclination for diplomacy towards others, especially if it benefits me in some way

I think points 3 and 4 feed off each other, i.e. I'm scared of failure because of what others will think of me

Hardest thing is the duality with being super ambitious while being scared of failure

#21 · (Edited)
ENTJ 3w2 Sx/Sp here, I was told I the 3w2 creates the illusion of having 'Fe' (8th function for ENTJ), so I glide better in Fe-environments/social propriety/expectations. I (could) look more pleasant/cooperative than normal ENTJ, I suppose. Ruffling less feathers and more likeable.

And I think I can relate to the vulnerability @Easy mentioned. I want to be 'liked', I have the urge to be 'pleasant'. For an ENTJ it's an anchor to drag.

#22 ·
I (could) look more pleasant/cooperative than normal ENTJ, I suppose. Ruffling less feathers and more likeable.
Agreed. When I first scored as an ENTJ I was a bit confused as to whether it was accurate, as most descriptions sound ENTJ 8ish (and I don't rate that high on 8). Once I got into Enneagram it made more sense. Being a 3 I've noticed I'm definitely more people pleasing and generally don't like conflict as much. When there is conflict I'm not one to back-down if it's something I'm passionate about, but I'm not one to seek out an argument for the sake of it.

#23 ·
I'm an ENTJ 3w2 with a 3-7-1 tritype. ENTJs are mostly 8s, 3s, 1s, or counterphobic 6s. The two wing probably takes some of the edge off, I don't usually have trouble getting along with most people and I relate to what was said above it being like Fe. I usually score fairly high on Fe on most function tests and it often does water down my Te in some situations. The 7 in my tritype makes me more fun loving and between that and the pseudo Fe, I've been mistaken for both an ESTP and ENTP.

#30 ·
Maybe:

Celebrities: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Emmanuel Macron, Ted Bundy, George Clooney, L. Ron Hubbard, Fernando Collor, Nancy Reagan, Benazir Bhuytto, Francisco Pizarro, Xabi Alonso...

Fictional characters: Aldrich Killian (MCU), Tobias Beckett (Star Wars), Danny Ocean (Ocean's Eleven), Kevin (Despicable Me), MODOK (Marvel Comics), Mrs. Lovett (Sweeney Todd), Wave the Swallow (Sonic), Gwaihir the Windlord (Lord of the Rings)...

Source: Personality Database.

#25 ·
Pretty sure my original test telling me I was a three is more accurate than my recent test on Tax Day indicating a 6w7 is more accurate...

ENTJ type 3 right here; need to update my profile

So be it, so it is.

#26 ·
I might be an ENTJ 3w4. I associate this combination with pre-med Honors students at my Uni. I can't stand people like that in real life. The reason is that I get the sense they are only out for what they can get from you, and if you at any time weren't useful to them anymore, they'd cut you loose in a second. Totally amoral and completely shallow. If they're better than you they make you feel lesser, if they're equal to you or you're better off they flatter you and project parts of their image and try to see what they can get. Ick. I guess I might be projecting . . . or I'm not 3w4. Or they're not 3 . . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.