Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you type 3 and ENTJ? Or know anyone who is?

Talk about this combo here! :crazy:

Reactions: cir

·
Registered
127 Posts
Type 3w2, ENTJ.
I think it's odd.
3 enhances my achievement loving, problem solving mindset, but it also makes me a lot more vulnerable to what other people think about me, which is terrible. It's upsetting when shit I do isn't appreciated, which shouldn't matter logically.
w2 is everything an ENTJ doesn't need. However, a dash of empathy and kindness suits the manipulative nature of the colder 3wENTJ side.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a fling with one. Such a complex and beautiful creature. So many layers.
Shrek comes to mind right now.

"Onions have layers."

"Shrek is love. Shrek is life."

I'm sorry, but I had to. (Actually, not sorry at all. You had that coming.)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's in my tritype! :D

/ENTJ
8w7 is in *my* tritype!

WHAT'S THE THIRD PART OF YOUR TRITYPE? MINE IS 5w4. (double 4 wing is like... lolwtf.)

Reactions: cir and Kintsugi

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Type 3w2, ENTJ.
I think it's odd.
3 enhances my achievement loving, problem solving mindset, but it also makes me a lot more vulnerable to what other people think about me, which is terrible. It's upsetting when shit I do isn't appreciated, which shouldn't matter logically.
w2 is everything an ENTJ doesn't need. However, a dash of empathy and kindness suits the manipulative nature of the colder 3wENTJ side.
I have almost no 2. My 1 is high on most tests, and it makes sense to me that it would be high for me. But my 2 is generally pretty low. 9 tends to be lower as well.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts

Apparently, I am a 3w4 sx/sp ENTJ. I am not extremely sure of my type, though. I believe this combo is pretty common in ENTJ's. Te values things by having a reference system to measure things and, as such, believes the more achievements someone has, the more valuable that person is. As you can see, it is pretty easy to slip into the 3 category, especially as a Te - Ni combo, because Ni targets long-range, big picture planing.

How do you approach challenges with Te - Ni?

I am not entirely sure of my MBTI.

·
Registered
919 Posts
8w7 is in *my* tritype!

WHAT'S THE THIRD PART OF YOUR TRITYPE? MINE IS 5w4. (double 4 wing is like... lolwtf.)
Lol, I'm 8w7, 7w8, 3w4!

Apparently, I am a 3w4 sx/sp ENTJ. I am not extremely sure of my type, though. I believe this combo is pretty common in ENTJ's. Te values things by having a reference system to measure things and, as such, believes the more achievements someone has, the more valuable that person is.
I'm pretty sure that's a 3 thing and not a Te thing.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Lol, I'm 8w7, 7w8, 3w4!

I'm pretty sure that's a 3 thing and not a Te thing.
Te measurea efficiency by external ref. such as time taken to complete something and so on. Thus, it appreciates achievements.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Te measurea efficiency by external ref. such as time taken to complete something and so on.
Yes.
Thus, it appreciates achievements.
No. Appreciating something seems like an Fi thing and not so much a Te thing. Whether someone lives up to their achievements is measured by Te, and if that person fails to live up to it (fails the Te observation), then those achievements become basically worthless. Achievements are a dime a dozen; I'd expect most people to have amassed some amount of it anyway.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Yes. No. Appreciating something seems like an Fi thing and not so much a Te thing. Whether someone lives up to their achievements is measured by Te, and if that person fails to live up to it (fails the Te observation), then those achievements become basically worthless. Achievements are a dime a dozen; I'd expect most people to have amassed some amount of it anyway.
Hm. Makes sense. I thought Te users had a predisposition for type 3 because of my reasoning, but come to think of it, it doesn't really explain why there are so many ENFJ's type 3.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Hm. Makes sense. I thought Te users had a predisposition for type 3 because of my reasoning, but come to think of it, it doesn't really explain why there are so many ENFJ's type 3.
From where I see things, Te users have a predisposition for type eight because of their bias towards doing (Te) and difficulty acknowledging (much less appreciate) other people (Fi). If anything, that's the strength of Fe.

Te/Ni/Se/Fi vs Fe/Ni/Se/Ti

Achievements are words, and eights believe that actions speak louder than words.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
From where I see things, Te users have a predisposition for type eight because of their bias towards doing (Te) and difficulty acknowledging (much less appreciate) other people (Fi). If anything, that's the strength of Fe.

Te/Ni/Se/Fi vs Fe/Ni/Se/Ti

Achievements are words, and eights believe that actions speak louder than words.
That is not an 8 thing. ENTJ's are, in general, like that.
Also, achievements is a general term, achievements are more than words. Being a world champion at kickboxing or an undefeated world class chess master are both achievements that do not, in any way, contradict the principle "facta, non verba".

·
Registered
919 Posts
That is not an 8 thing.
Which part? The part where eights prefer doing and not so much people? That's an eight thing, not a myer-briggs thing.
ENTJ's are, in general, like that.
Also, achievements is a general term,
That is precisely why I think their worth is questionable. And also why I expect most people to have amassed some (as an honest​ exercise of their imagination).
achievements are more than words.
To the recipient (maybe) and people who recognize those achievements, sure. Something tells me... you may be a type three. :p
Being a world champion at kickboxing or an undefeated world class chess master are both achievements that do not, in any way, contradict the principle "facta, non verba".
Yeah, congrats, achievements. So until those qualifications are relevant in areas that "matter", I don't give them value. When I'm dealing with a situation that "matters", if those achievements aren't used constructively, then they might as well not exist. In industry, if (general) you can't make your master's degree work for you, then you better hope your resume doesn't get tossed because of it.

Yes, it's nice that the people who got them deserve/earned them, yadda yadda yadda, and I wouldn't care to take those achievements away from them. Achievements are great. When it matters. It should matter to the person who earned them, but it doesn't need to matter to the rest of the world. There's a time and place for everything, like when people aged way past their prime try to stay relevant by lording their old achievements from a different era. It has a way of looking pathetic, out of touch, and, if they're obstructing what I consider progress, like a target.

Achievements can be more than words. It's up to the person who has them to prove it.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Yeah, congrats, achievements. So until those qualifications are relevant in areas that "matter", I don't give them value. When I'm dealing with a situation that "matters", if those achievements aren't used constructively, then they might as well not exist. In industry, if (general) you can't make your master's degree work for you, then you better hope your resume doesn't get tossed because of it.
Achievements aren't supposed to be used constructively. Besides, how exactly do you wish to use an achievement constructively? Being a chess grand-master is not supposed to be used constructively. They simply mark a thing done successfully with effort, skill, or courage.

Achievements can be more than words. It's up to the person who has them to prove it.
You kinda got it wrong. The person has received that achievement because he's proven worthy (I am talking about ideal scenarios here). Achievements should be viewed as an end, not as a means. They are not tools. Someone who becomes a world champion in kickboxing seeks nothing else than simply being the best. He does not seek to use that constructively, it is a thing done for personal reasons.

Yes, it's nice that the people who got them deserve/earned them, yadda yadda yadda, and I wouldn't care to take those achievements away from them. Achievements are great. When it matters. It should matter to the person who earned them, but it doesn't need to matter to the rest of the world.
Agreed, it matters most only to the person. I am talking about achieving a great deal of things, not about boasting here. I'm not talking about steam achievements either.
Achievements are supposed to matter in that, in an ideal world, they should prove a certain skill, because that is how they were earned in the first place. A world champion kickboxer should be able to beat just about anyone untrained in any martial arts, and a high to average percentage of the rest.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Achievements aren't supposed to be used constructively. Besides, how exactly do you wish to use an achievement constructively? Being a chess grand-master is not supposed to be used constructively. They simply mark a thing done successfully with effort, skill, or courage.
Multi-million promotional deals? Writing a book to get younger audiences to learn about your craft? To inspire younger audiences, get their minds off of whatever is troubling them, and being able to direct them to do something constructive?

My point is, some external people give complex meanings to certain kinds of certifications/achievements, and the fact that people care about these things means there is potential to use them.
You kinda got it wrong.
For subjective things, such as things concerning "value", you think there is "right" and "wrong"? Not simply "everyone values things differently"?
I am talking about achieving a great deal of things, not about boasting here. I'm not talking about steam achievements either.
Sure, I can agree to this.
Agreed, it matters most only to the person.
I said should. To me, it's a warning flag if they don't treat something as important in situations where they should.
The person has received that achievement because he's proven worthy (I am talking about ideal scenarios here). Achievements should be viewed as an end, not as a means. They are not tools. Someone who becomes a world champion in kickboxing seeks nothing else than simply being the best. He does not seek to use that constructively, it is a thing done for personal reasons.
Philosophically, I see where you're coming from (it's so idealistically bright that I almost need to put on sunglasses), but I don't value them that way. If it's not useful, then it's worthless to me. Lots of leeway on what is "useful" though. To me, "makes me happy" is a type of "useful".

If achievements should be viewed as an end, not a means, then when do you stop being an "achiever"? After you've gotten one achievement? Make another and keep going on? When does it end?
Achievements are supposed to matter in that, in an ideal world, they should prove a certain skill, because that is how they were earned in the first place. A world champion kickboxer should be able to beat just about anyone untrained in any martial arts, and a high to average percentage of the rest.
People get old; limbs get broken; skills degrade. At the time of receiving the achievement? Sure. Afterwards? I feel like it should only matter to the recipients themselves, because by then, everyone else would've moved on.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have almost no 2. My 1 is high on most tests, and it makes sense to me that it would be high for me. But my 2 is generally pretty low. 9 tends to be lower as well.
I'm 3w2, 8w7, then 6w5. 1 is pretty fair, but I don't have a strong sense of right or wrong. Just feelings that may or may not act on.
2 is this flip flop: having a nice side balances out the hard ENTJ edge and makes you easily likeable. Useful for hiding the ENTJ-ness or 3 ness. But I feel like being a 3w2 makes me a lot more vulnerable than other ENTJs.

·
Registered
218 Posts

1) Super ambitious to succeed in life. Very motivated by money and vanity
2) Highly critical of others and myself (not sure if that's a type 3 thing, or ENTJ, or both)
3) Very preoccupied and concerned with what others think of me
4) Failure is what I'm most scared of in life
5) Extremely competitive, even with things I don't care about - especially when unhealthy
6) Natural inclination for diplomacy towards others, especially if it benefits me in some way

I think points 3 and 4 feed off each other, i.e. I'm scared of failure because of what others will think of me

Hardest thing is the duality with being super ambitious while being scared of failure

1 - 20 of 30 Posts