Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for advice. What jobs do you guys do?! Do you enjoy it? What made you interested in it/how did you get in to it?

I want to get in to a career that will play to the benefits of my personality type, being organised, easily seeing the flaw in things, really quite strategic, autocratic (in a fair way). I've spent the best part of my career (bah what career) so far in Customer Service and Sales and I just really need to find something to get in to, that will earn me a good amount of money, and that I will enjoy. I've been looking in to recruitment, but I still just don't know.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I work in children's behavioral health/ social work. Yeah, not where you'd imagine an ENTJ, eh? It's actually been really cool working in a field dominated by feelers- I've developed my "f" and have become a much more effective communicator, and have been able to synergize some pretty screwed up systems. Advocating and teaching people to advocate for themselves has been really fulfilling.

You're thinking HR? Do you think HR requires more patience than other careers?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See that's the thing, Recruitment isn't really so much HR, its more sales. I currently work with a Feeler, and quite honestly I can't stand it a good majority of the time. It could possibly be just this one individual though. He's an ENFJ, and he's constantly telling me how I need to be more like him, and I couldn't disagree more. We clash a lot. Quite honestly, I see his emotional side as a weakness, he seems to take every single comment I make personally and will almost always give an emotional response to a completely rational situation, it drives me insane.

I wouldn't really say that I have little patience? My only problem would be childish people, and learning to deal with the feelers. I actually thought about being a Social Worker when I was younger, I'm not sure why it appealed to me. Yeah it sounds like you're applying yourself in a really good way! Sometimes I can't help but feel I should be in an INTJ career but I find myself being the leader in most groups I get put in to :')

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm looking for advice. What jobs do you guys do?! Do you enjoy it? What made you interested in it/how did you get in to it?

I want to get in to a career that will play to the benefits of my personality type, being organised, easily seeing the flaw in things, really quite strategic, autocratic (in a fair way). I've spent the best part of my career (bah what career) so far in Customer Service and Sales and I just really need to find something to get in to, that will earn me a good amount of money, and that I will enjoy. I've been looking in to recruitment, but I still just don't know.
I worked for ~30 years in industrial manufacturing before starting my own business. Now I am self-employed and I love it more than anything I have ever done. I will give you a piece of advice that I believe served me well during my career working for other folks and as a business owner............while you may easily see the flaw in things or ideas and you tend toward being autocratic (fairly) it is necessary to learn tact and diplomacy when working in organizations. Not everyone appreciates the direct nature of ENTJ's and sometimes those people can screw up your job.

I think you have your priorities backward..........Find something you enjoy, the money will follow. Don't make the money your priority.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts