Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ENTJ'ts

What would you tell for an 18 years old ENTJ girl who has been thru wild teenage years, pulled herself now more or less together and is about to graduate high school and has a wll (and pressure) to go to university? You know - entering adult life, depending on her own mostly and stuff like that...

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
"Let me know when you need money and give me a few days notice before you come home for breaks so I can get groceries to make your favorite meal."

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ Troisi: And I'm an INFP, so listening, thinking along and giving some advice (since I'm nine years older than she is and been thru it all) is my style. Especially if she's part of my inner social circle. I mean like how did you other and older ENTJ's got thru that time? How was it, which steps did you took?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I'm with Triosi on this one. By default, growing up and being put into a demanding environment is the ideal environment for an ENTJ. We don't need encouragement or words of advice - she would probably dismiss it or not take it seriously.

If anything, you need to be there as support if she encounters difficulty - you know, if tackling things head on doesn't quite work out for her.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
. By default, growing up and being put into a demanding environment is the ideal environment for an ENTJ.
Exactly. I think ENTJ's enjoy tackling an external world of unknown variables and managing themselves in it.

As an almost 18-year-old girl, in high school, about to go into college, what would you guys say to me? :mellow:

This is what I think of growing up and managing by myself. I can't wait.

Growing up. - PersonalityCafe
I have always been too grown up for my age too. In high school I felt I was ready to tackle the world and college was just a formality.

Edit:

I think the best advice to give her would be to enjoy life in the present moment and challenge her to explore. Personally, I would sometimes adopt tunnel vision when I'm too steadfast on a goal. ENTJ's usually focus on the longterm and consider the consequences for every action they take. I'm barely discovering my errors as of now.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
What sorts?
ALL sorts that you deem fit. You won't be spoonfed anymore so it's time to hold your own, be your own man/woman, do your own thing & don't let anybody tell you otherwise. The only person you can blame is yourself. Some people find these scary, personally I love the thrill of challenge & testing my limits. The best advice I can give you is, don't live in ease & comfort, that's not how life should be lived at all.. You'll see alot of college/uni students just "chillin" & taking it easy, STAY FOCUSED.

At 18 I was heavily socially conditioned but when you transition into college/get older you take risks/opportunities & the learning experience you get is invaluable. You realize that alot of the beliefs you have are all in your head, the theory of how you think the world is makes sense in THEORY, but in PRACTICALITY that's now how it is at all.

Reactions: Aßbiscuits

·
Registered
675 Posts
What would you tell for an 18 years old ENTJ girl who has been thru wild teenage years, pulled herself now more or less together and is about to graduate high school and has a wll (and pressure) to go to university?
Go to college and NEVER LEAVE!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.