Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ENTJs what're your methods towards exams in University/College?

Does your over-confidence get the best of you? Do you cram? Do you study at the last minute (cram) and get good marks?

·
mafia mod
13,316 Posts
I plan and set up a study schedule. I started most of my papers and projects in the beginning of the semester to start off strong, while I was fresh and not tired and stressed. It worked. while most of my classmates were burnt out by cramming. I was sitting pretty.

Graduated with straight A's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I generally dont study like cram or w/e

I will right from the start understand how it works
and why it works.

Then I just go into exam and do it. I usually use common sense for my exam answers
shit I do way better then the nerds who spend 3hrs a night studying.

SEriously its of no importance. The only thing that matters is how much money
I can make selling my ideas

·
Registered
59 Posts
Lately, despite cramming, I've been able to successfully achieve high marks (A- to A+)

But most of the studying consists of the completion of previous assignments as well.

·
Registered
184 Posts

and why it works.

Then I just go into exam and do it. I usually use common sense for my exam answers

Lol if you consider 3 hours a night to be a lot of studying then I'm assuming you're in high school or something similar. When you get to university you'll see how much that attitude can lead to you failing. As far as studying goes, I usually end up studying a week or so before the exam. I like to chunk it out so I have 'doable' amounts of studying each day + 1 day to review all of it (usually the day before the exam).

·
Registered
3,933 Posts

and why it works.

How about you try out your "common sense" method with my coursework:

CHAPTER 21

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
How about you try out your "common sense" method with my coursework:

CHAPTER 21

Good luck to you.
If this book is from Keiso, I have the the test bank and all the answers. It's an older version but yeah.....I did well in my classes.

Honestly, I hated accounting and couldn't really get into it. The classes I actually enjoyed I would always get A's in. Studying was easy since it was fun. That's the key for me. I'm like a stubborn mule if I have to do something I don't want to.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Read the book, go to class, do the homework, and everything takes care of itself.

Of course, where's the challenge in that? Better to blow things off to up the difficulty level.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If this book is from Keiso, I have the the test bank and all the answers. It's an older version but yeah.....I did well in my classes.

Honestly, I hated accounting and couldn't really get into it. The classes I actually enjoyed I would always get A's in. Studying was easy since it was fun. That's the key for me. I'm like a stubborn mule if I have to do something I don't want to.
I'm doing accounting at University now & ABSOLUTELY HATE IT, with every bone in my body. I'm considering leaving Uni & trying to enter the corporate world in another fashion, I have a knack for investing in stocks/property but hate Uni.

I've been getting mostly Passes & Credits with little to no effort at all, last sem I failed 2 Units.. Never went to Uni lectures / tutorials & you can't use your instincts to get through a major that is black & white

Reactions: dagnytaggart

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I'm doing accounting at University now & ABSOLUTELY HATE IT, with every bone in my body. I'm considering leaving Uni & trying to enter the corporate world in another fashion, I have a knack for investing in stocks/property but hate Uni.

I've been getting mostly Passes & Credits with little to no effort at all, last sem I failed 2 Units.. Never went to Uni lectures / tutorials & you can't use your instincts to get through a major that is black & white
From a guy who decided to go through with an accounting degree, get out of that major. Working as an auditor/cpa/what have you, doesn't get any more exciting.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I plan and set up a study schedule. I started most of my papers and projects in the beginning of the semester to start off strong, while I was fresh and not tired and stressed. It worked. while most of my classmates were burnt out by cramming. I was sitting pretty.

Graduated with straight A's.
That's an excellent idea.

Not in Uni yet (deferred two years for world travel), but once I'm there next year, I'm going to take this advice. I've got a tendency to cram (over-confidence in my abilities yeah).

·
Registered
3,933 Posts

Same, same. Except I don't want to enter the corporate world at all, unless it's mine. I'm in the absolute beginning phases of perhaps starting up a restaurant, patenting a product, and if those don't succeed, I'll either get my CELTA and teach English abroad (get paid to travel and check out other countries? oh yeah) or get my MFA in Fiction to be a writing professor.

Fuck accounting. I'm only staying through with it to have a back-up degree.

From a guy who decided to go through with an accounting degree, get out of that major. Working as an auditor/cpa/what have you, doesn't get any more exciting.
Two people doesn't constitute a valid sample, but I'm surprised you guys disliked accounting. I had always thought it was an ENTJ haven (orderliness, structure, etc).

·
Registered
478 Posts
Two people doesn't constitute a valid sample, but I'm surprised you guys disliked accounting. I had always thought it was an ENTJ haven (orderliness, structure, etc).
I'm a third. Mathematics is my enemy, to start with.

Unless, as Triosi intelligently pointed it, it entails some sort of manipulative crime involving millions of dollars. I'm certainly not drawn to the corporate world, I think it'd be very dull. Politics on the other hand...(well, manipulation would be my job description! :proud:)

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I was never a fan of exams. I made sure to study daily leading up to them, but I am a terrible studier. I would just aim to get the gist of things, carry an optimistic attitude, and get the test over and done with.

In the end, its just about the final grade. Most applicable knowledge unless you want a routine/technical job is learned outside the classroom.... and sure is hell isn't on an exam.

Not for everyone - but worked out for me. I would prefer papers, projects, and presentations a million times over memorization on regurgitation for an exam.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.