Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently discovered I have high functioning autism. A major social and communication deficit that leads to anxiety, depression, and OCD type problems.

I also discovered that I had been diagnosed in kindergarden, but that my ENTJ father choose not to seek treatment for me although he had the financial resources.

I am in shock here, I have been depressed and anxious my entire life, which could have been managed if my father had sought treatment for me.

I would like to hear from you ENTJs about what you think may have led my father to not pursue treatment. Was his thinking related to ego? Could he not accept that his son had a problem?

I would have through getting treatment for me would be a no brainier.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
I recently discovered I have high functioning autism. A major social and communication deficit that leads to anxiety, depression, and OCD type problems.

I also discovered that I had been diagnosed in kindergarden, but that my ENTJ father choose not to seek treatment for me although he had the financial resources.

I am in shock here, I have been depressed and anxious my entire life, which could have been managed if my father had sought treatment for me.

I would like to hear from you ENTJs about what you think may have led my father to not pursue treatment. Was his thinking related to ego? Could he not accept that his son had a problem?

I don't know what MBTI type my father is, my suspect keeps switching between all four types of NTs, but I think he was very ENTJish in his youth, so let me explain that I had a similar issue. When I was very very very young, like 1 year old or so, I had a very very bad cough and the doctor suspected that I had asthma and wanted to pump me full of drugs. My dad stuck to his guns and insisted that I didn't have the treatment. Turns out I don't have asthma. I'm quite glad that I did not have the treatment, although it would be a precaution, because who knows? The drugs may have affected me in other ways. Pumping kids full of steroids is not a good idea.

Since your dad is an ENTJ, he'l have Ni auxiliary. You know what Ni is like, it's your dominant. Constantly running through alternatives and hypotheses. I imagine that he refused to give you the treatment for the same reason I didn't have it; either because he didn't trust the doctor's diagnosis or because he didn't trust the treatment. It's just a shame that you didn't get it, but that's his reasoning, I think.

Although if you ask him, he might just tell you.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
That's a very good answer.
There is this Dr I work with.
He is very much a ENTJ type 8.
He lies all the time to get his way. Sometimes very obvious sometimes not. He will digg you into a hole to so that he can look clean.
I honestly think it's a very dominate EXXJ. I've seen this with other ExxJ types.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts

How did you find out in the first place that you have autism? You could also always ask him why he didn't seek treatment for you. Unless he is no longer with us, in that case I'm sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.