Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously. I love you INFPs for, well, reasons I cannot comprehend. I just know that I feel safe to reveal my inner self when you're around :blushed: Where are you all hiding??

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well, I'm usually in my room and quite content there. Or aimlessly wandering around bookstores, trying to decide which book to read and buy.

Reactions: jasonm and Martini

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I hide in plain sight. I make myself the "Weaver/Host", moving in and out of all the social circles and rings and bringing people closer to the center and all, but I'm always wearing a mask. I don't think anybody fully knows me. It would take a really special kind of person and a special kind of connection with that person for me to trust somebody with all of me - or it would take a very talented person to see through all the layers and facets of my masquerade all the way to the core of me.

·
Banned
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hide in plain sight. I make myself the "Weaver/Host", moving in and out of all the social circles and rings and bringing people closer to the center and all, but I'm always wearing a mask. I don't think anybody fully knows me. It would take a really special kind of person and a special kind of connection with that person for me to trust somebody with all of me - or it would take a very talented person to see through all the layers and facets of my masquerade all the way to the core of me.
Hmmmmmm. Intriguing. Would a straight-up request of "Hey, you there, why don't you come here and chat with me for a while" help you "connect"?

Reactions: lamber and jasonm

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Hmmmmmm. Intriguing. Would a straight-up request of "Hey, you there, why don't you come here and chat with me for a while" help you "connect"?
I don't think the average INFP will say no.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I think a lot of INFP's would respond to that. But getting ones attention is only a very small part of the puzzel. Although we are love people and have an open mind, some of us will cut off a person if the keep hurting us. I know that is one think I do often. If someone is mean to me I will whack them out of my life as if they don't exist.

And this cutting people off is not directed at one personality type. I have cut off people of all personality types just becasue there were mean to me. To me those people don't exist. Just a thought to keep in mind about how sensitive INFP's are.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I wouldn't suggest saying "you there" because that sounds a bit rude. Just saying "Hey there" would do all right. Commenting about something you find interesting would also be better than just outright saying "chat with me." I wouldn't really nitpick in person, but I'd give probably give an odd look or/and a nervous smile to someone who approached me with that. Still wouldn't scare me away, though.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I dunno, I'd probably agree to go over there and try to be a part of the conversation to be polite and functional, but I would be a bit suspicious that someone had dared you or was putting a wager on this or something... I'd be reserved in that situation. I don't really "connect" unless I think someone is genuine and interested in getting to know me, and that usually happens on a one-on-one basis, in like, a corner, away from the group, you know, sitting down.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Where am I hiding?

I am indeed hard to find. Many people would not even know that I am an INFP at first glance.

I won't speak for everyone, but look for the odd person sitting in a corner who refuses to socialize. haha
That is the best hint right there, but the problem is chances are I don't want to be bothered by anyone so you would have to be careful.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
INFPs walk among you in day to day life. They might even be INSIDE of you :eek:

You need to track down a potential target and work away at them for them to reveal their true identity!

Reactions: jasonm

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Seriously. I love you INFPs for, well, reasons I cannot comprehend. I just know that I feel safe to reveal my inner self when you're around :blushed: Where are you all hiding??
Probably under a rock. In all honesty I am at home 90% of my free time. Unless someone knew where my home was, they would have to find me at school, walking to my car, etc... At least the town I live near, there is nothing I find worth getting out for.

·
Registered
144 Posts
"You there" might put someone in mind of Shrek and leave them expecting you to think-of/call them an ogre. There are huge lists somewhere of where to find INFPs, but I think the best thing you can really do is keep an eye out for the subtle things that make us noticeable, such as the common daydreaming... And then find a way to attract and hold our attention in a positive way.

·
Registered
188 Posts

Well there seems to be a lot of us on the Internet being, surprisingly, real social butterflies - apparently we can step out of our bubbles a little bit more via the Net.

Most of the comments have given great advice - the person in the corner, always at home, the person you likely will gaze right past, etc. A few more I can think of are:

Book stores & libraries – the person whose demeanor might make you think they belonged more in Disneyland
Parks – the person who seems surprisingly bright and bubbly for just an ordinary day, even if the weather is bad
Nature trails – the person you come across in the most unexpected places, like a magnificent look out or a beautiful alcove
Colleges – the person who look likes their off to do something great for the world, and probably pretty serious looking, but kind
Artsy places – the person who you’d likely walk right by because they don’t want any interruption in their rapture

Some advice on what to do if you believe you’ve found one of us and want to get to know them: The first is to kindly be the initiator of the interaction - we seem to like this way best. Also, be on the lookout for common interests/ideas/values and take note of them as these can earn you brownie points and rapport. But most important is to be sincere, be the real you, because we'll likely know if you’re not and smoothly shy away.

Anyway, thanks for the compliment/post it’s nice to be loved!!

Cheers
:happy:

·
Registered
73 Posts
It would actually, but don't do it in a creepy way or make it sound like something you say to everyone

·
Registered
420 Posts
On my laptop, currently on my downstairs couch where it's colder. Usually the quiet one in the crowd just enjoying the spectacle.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts