Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Hope nobody minds me throwing this out there. But often us men are described as being piggish, invasive, etc. I believe that this is not as uneven of an occurrence in the sexes as it is made out to be. I think the difference would come as it being more threatening when a man does it than a woman, because of the general differences in M vs F strength.

An example would be when I was younger I could be friendly and say hello to some neighbors. Once while walking the dog one such female neighbor came out and managed to find a reason to wrap herself around me. Granted, if I were not seeing someone else at the time, I would not have minded this at all, but I gently untangled myself from her and said good evening. Another instance, was a woman at work who was constantly laying her hands on me. I was single at that time and I did mind and said so but it did not stop.

Not sure what my point was, but I suppose I'm just tired off hearing about how awful some men can be in this way. This dang double standard can get tiring.

·
Registered
149 Posts
As always I'm sure there are women who this doesn't apply to, but from my own experience and from talking with other women, this seems to pretty much be the norm where I'm from.
Then apparently I'm a magnet for attention whores.
I'm well acquainted with actually getting led on.

Guys always say they wish they were tall.
We'll I'm 6'4, and getting led on f*cking hurts.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Hope nobody minds me throwing this out there. But often us men are described as being piggish, invasive, etc. I believe that this is not as uneven of an occurrence in the sexes as it is made out to be. I think the difference would come as it being more threatening when a man does it than a woman, because of the general differences in M vs F strength.

An example would be when I was younger I could be friendly and say hello to some neighbors. Once while walking the dog one such female neighbor came out and managed to find a reason to wrap herself around me. Granted, if I were not seeing someone else at the time, I would not have minded this at all, but I gently untangled myself from her and said good evening. Another instance, was a woman at work who was constantly laying her hands on me. I was single at that time and I did mind and said so but it did not stop.

Not sure what my point was, but I suppose I'm just tired off hearing about how awful some men can be in this way. This dang double standard can get tiring.
Lol, I can see you on your deathbed muttering “ahhh, I should’ve fucked those ho’s...”

Ps, don’t be a whiny beaotch about the double standards, make it work for you! Male privilege rulez!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Unfortunately yes! It's a pretty common scenario for men to talk to women and then later on down the road if he tries to take things further and she rejects him, the man gets upset and accuses her of leading him on, saying that if she wan't interested she shouldn't have shown so much interest in what he was saying or been so nice and shouldn't have given him signs to go ahead if she was just going to turn around and say no. It's a terrible thing to experience as a lady since a lot of the time we're just trying to be polite and respond to someone who started conversation with us(not the other way around). An even worse one is when we're at work(especially retail/customer service/food) and really can't break away no matter how uncomfortable we are with the situation. It's honestly just easier and safer for us to go into interaction with males from the viewpoint that he is or could be flirting and make sure our responses can't be misconstrued or misinterpreted as us flirting back!

As always I'm sure there are women who this doesn't apply to, but from my own experience and from talking with other women, this seems to pretty much be the norm where I'm from.
Oh god...ok, I'm not denying that there's some guys out there that's way too flirty to the point that they're creepy. But come on, I'm hearing about this from women all the time. It's fine if you don't want it, but don't blow a simple flirt into something that sounds more like a rape-scenario. If a guy starts flirting With you, do what men do in an opposite scenario, simply tell\imply that you're not interested in a Nice way, and you'll weed out the innocent flirters from the creepy guys.

There's so many cases where I've seen (I was a bouncer for some years) that females acts immensly slutty, and when a guy comes and flirts With them, they make it sound like a rape waiting to happen, or cases where the girl actually does respond to the flirting, almost to the point where she's groping the guy (which for some reason is completely fine when a girl does it), and then when it's time to og home, she either slaps him, or makes some sort of scene about how he's coming on to the girl when she doesnt want him.
It's become a meme at this point, and it's just annoying to hear when females overblow situations because they "felt uncomfortable" With telling a guy that he probably has misread the situation.

But again, not saying this is you, or every girl out there. But from my own experience and talking With friends and those guys it happened to at the Club, it seems to pretty much be the norm where I'm from.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Take it to video chat. @HeadofHudet talks with his eyes.

Learn to appreciate pauses in the convo and just gaze at each other.

Hudet has specific mannerisms ... I don't wanna go too deep into what they are, but you'll learn how to read body language.
Yeah, that'd be a fun experience, is that a thing you do here? Videochat With each other and so on?
I would most defidently not mind to do that, in fact, I rather enjoy voice comm better than text, there's so much more information when you can hear the tone, and even read their face as they talk!

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Oh god...ok, I'm not denying that there's some guys out there that's way too flirty to the point that they're creepy. But come on, I'm hearing about this from women all the time. It's fine if you don't want it, but don't blow a simple flirt into something that sounds more like a rape-scenario. If a guy starts flirting With you, do what men do in an opposite scenario, simply tell\imply that you're not interested in a Nice way, and you'll weed out the innocent flirters from the creepy guys.

There's so many cases where I've seen (I was a bouncer for some years) that females acts immensly slutty, and when a guy comes and flirts With them, they make it sound like a rape waiting to happen, or cases where the girl actually does respond to the flirting, almost to the point where she's groping the guy (which for some reason is completely fine when a girl does it), and then when it's time to og home, she either slaps him, or makes some sort of scene about how he's coming on to the girl when she doesnt want him.
It's become a meme at this point, and it's just annoying to hear when females overblow situations because they "felt uncomfortable" With telling a guy that he probably has misread the situation.

But again, not saying this is you, or every girl out there. But from my own experience and talking With friends and those guys it happened to at the Club, it seems to pretty much be the norm where I'm from.
This perspective will get you nuked by INTP females.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
This perspective will get you nuked by INTP females.
That's you assuming all INTP females shares that point of view, which they don't. Having the same type does not mean that everyone of that type arrives at the same conclusion about a topic.

This is actually something I've discussed With the INTP girl I'm talking With, and she was actually the one who brought it up and lightly complained about a friend of her that did almost the exact same thing I talked about.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
If you want advice on where to find in-person INTPs, I'll gladly exchange that information for where to find ENTJ women :)
First of all, thanks for the tip (the part I didn't include in the quote)!

Given how goal driven we can be, and how every ENTJ have their own set goals, it'll be hard to determin where to find them, other than "on their way towards that goal" :p

ENTJ's can also be very hard to determin. I for example, would not consider myself an "out-going extrovert". Unless I have a goal to Reach, and socializing is a step to that goal, or networking With certain People will help me towards that goal, I won't be socializing with People I don't already know. I don't have a lot of "loose friendships". The friends I keep in touch with are the friends I see as "solid friends" -

As a sidenote, getting me to see you as a "solid friend" (and I assume this goes for any ENTJ) is not that hard. Here's a responce I wrote to someone about becoming friends with an ENTJ:

"Understanding how to befriend or be in a relationship with an ENTJ is actually very simple. It's ALL about loyalty. and not the common loyalty you think of, I mean the "I wont stab your back, talk shit behind it, never cheat, support you as you support me, be there whenever you need me, as I'll be there for you, I trust you to act according to our goal (yes, we have one for every one of you), as you do to me, have my back when shit goes down, just as you have my back etc etc" kind of loyalty. If you have that, you're golden."

But other than that, I could easily be misinterpreted as an introvert.

So there's a lot of factors to consider, but if I'm to give my best opinion about it, you can't really "find" and ENTJ, we find you. You need to be appealing enough to Our curiousity that we stop mid sprint to Our goal to take a closer look at you. And that's by tickling Our interest in debate, appearing as someone who has something to offer that we take value in, be it knowledge that we want that we can use later, you being a Source of interesting opinions (HONEST opinions, we hate it when you try to sugar coat it to please the common opinions. We want bluntness, even if we don't agree. Give us Your raw (even controversial, that can be even better) opinions thoughts, and we'll be grounded for a while), or just entertaining theories that we can take part in. Doesn't even have to be realistic theories.

One of the many reasons I like INTP's is because you have that Whole "Fantacy" world inside Your head that you've theorized. I love to delve into that and sparr with Your set laws and systems for that world. I love the randomness of the stuff you can say, the questions you have. One of my INTP friends interrupted that "comfortable silence" I also value with a question… "If People were shoes, what brand of shoes would be most likely to be chosen as president of USA?" Just the randomness of that completely unrelated question cracked me up for a good Whole minute, and we just sat there driving, contemplating on that question together for about 10 minutes, and then silence… And then another question "If a dragon fucked a car, and they gave birth to a child, what would that child look like?" Just theorizing on the factors in play in that hypothetical scenario was entertaining enough to keep us occupied for an hour.

That's some of the stuff that can attract us, and get us interested. INTP's and ENTJ's in general goes very well together, which is why we're seen as "Mirror types" (I can't seem to find that Source\chart that showed the categories that two types together would create, but "Mirror type" was one of them, and INTP+ENTJ falls into that category), meaning that we're not similar, but Our functions are inherently the same, just mirrored on the I\E side (ENTJ having Te, where the INTP has Ti). This makes for a smashing good combo… generally speaking.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
That's you assuming all INTP females shares that point of view, which they don't. Having the same type does not mean that everyone of that type arrives at the same conclusion about a topic.

This is actually something I've discussed With the INTP girl I'm talking With, and she was actually the one who brought it up and lightly complained about a friend of her that did almost the exact same thing I talked about.
Reread what zanah0dia wrote and how you leaped to hyperbole. INTPs hate to be misinterpreted since they take pains to be explicit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Reread what zanah0dia wrote and how you leaped to hyperbole. INTPs hate to be misinterpreted since they take pains to be explicit.
I never interpreted HER, or INTP's specificly (which is why I specified "But again, not saying this is you" just to make sure that was not to happen), and I can't see where I leaped to hyperbole. I also never said that this is how it is every time, as it's very situational based, and I specified that of course there are cases where the guy is just flat out chasing something that doesnt want to be chased. Since it's you who joined in, and who's having this conversation, and not zanah0dia, you can explain what you're talking about.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
I never interpreted HER, or INTP's specificly (which is why I specified "But again, not saying this is you" just to make sure that was not to happen), and I can't see where I leaped to hyperbole. I also never said that this is how it is every time, as it's very situational based, and I specified that of course there are cases where the guy is just flat out chasing something that doesnt want to be chased. Since it's you who joined in, and who's having this conversation, and not zanah0dia, you can explain what you're talking about.

Clearly...

·
Registered
149 Posts
First of all, thanks for the tip (the part I didn't include in the quote)!

Given how goal driven we can be, and how every ENTJ have their own set goals, it'll be hard to determin where to find them, other than "on their way towards that goal" :p

ENTJ's can also be very hard to determin. I for example, would not consider myself an "out-going extrovert". Unless I have a goal to Reach, and socializing is a step to that goal, or networking With certain People will help me towards that goal, I won't be socializing with People I don't already know. I don't have a lot of "loose friendships". The friends I keep in touch with are the friends I see as "solid friends" -

As a sidenote, getting me to see you as a "solid friend" (and I assume this goes for any ENTJ) is not that hard. Here's a responce I wrote to someone about becoming friends with an ENTJ:

"Understanding how to befriend or be in a relationship with an ENTJ is actually very simple. It's ALL about loyalty. and not the common loyalty you think of, I mean the "I wont stab your back, talk shit behind it, never cheat, support you as you support me, be there whenever you need me, as I'll be there for you, I trust you to act according to our goal (yes, we have one for every one of you), as you do to me, have my back when shit goes down, just as you have my back etc etc" kind of loyalty. If you have that, you're golden."

But other than that, I could easily be misinterpreted as an introvert.

So there's a lot of factors to consider, but if I'm to give my best opinion about it, you can't really "find" and ENTJ, we find you. You need to be appealing enough to Our curiousity that we stop mid sprint to Our goal to take a closer look at you. And that's by tickling Our interest in debate, appearing as someone who has something to offer that we take value in, be it knowledge that we want that we can use later, you being a Source of interesting opinions (HONEST opinions, we hate it when you try to sugar coat it to please the common opinions. We want bluntness, even if we don't agree. Give us Your raw (even controversial, that can be even better) opinions thoughts, and we'll be grounded for a while), or just entertaining theories that we can take part in. Doesn't even have to be realistic theories.

One of the many reasons I like INTP's is because you have that Whole "Fantacy" world inside Your head that you've theorized. I love to delve into that and sparr with Your set laws and systems for that world. I love the randomness of the stuff you can say, the questions you have. One of my INTP friends interrupted that "comfortable silence" I also value with a question… "If People were shoes, what brand of shoes would be most likely to be chosen as president of USA?" Just the randomness of that completely unrelated question cracked me up for a good Whole minute, and we just sat there driving, contemplating on that question together for about 10 minutes, and then silence… And then another question "If a dragon fucked a car, and they gave birth to a child, what would that child look like?" Just theorizing on the factors in play in that hypothetical scenario was entertaining enough to keep us occupied for an hour.

That's some of the stuff that can attract us, and get us interested. INTP's and ENTJ's in general goes very well together, which is why we're seen as "Mirror types" (I can't seem to find that Source\chart that showed the categories that two types together would create, but "Mirror type" was one of them, and INTP+ENTJ falls into that category), meaning that we're not similar, but Our functions are inherently the same, just mirrored on the I\E side (ENTJ having Te, where the INTP has Ti). This makes for a smashing good combo… generally speaking.
Flattery will get you everywhere hahaha

Well if that's all it takes to win an ENTJ, I'd say we INTPs are a pretty damn good match.
We have a bad tendency to stick around even when a friendship or relationship has turned toxic.
Hence why we are so choosy, we take relationships and friendships very seriously.
Now I really want an ENTJ girlfriend.

Well since you helped me, I'll help you as promised.

If you want to find INTP girls, a secret "breeding ground", you need not look further than Equestrians.

Equestrians have all types of Introverted type girls.
Since horsing requires both a level of knowledge, and is an expensive hobby (which typically requires some level of intelligence), it is not uncommon to find INTPs there.
Hope that helps.

My fantasy world, and random things I say, tend to be on the more serious end of the spectrum.
So I'll leave you with this random thought I had.

Have you ever thought about the phrase: "Can't see the forest for the trees"?
If you think about it, if you added one letter to the phrase, just an "e" to "for", it completely changes it's meaning.

"Can't see the forest for the trees" - Can't see the big picture for its individual parts.
"Can't see the forest fore the trees" - Can't see the big picture because its individual parts are in the way.
:joyous:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

Gotta love that fragile Fi. So does this mean she's still in the 15-120 minute reply range?
My favourite part is how you copied my last sentence word for word to really hammer in the point. Excellent touch. Really sorry about your lady problems, son, but based on this and seeing how defensive you got in later replies, I'm going to take a wild guess and say this is a recurring theme and your INTP is not the first lady who has snubbed you and won't be the last. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Gotta love that fragile Fi. So does this mean she's still in the 15-120 minute reply range?
My favourite part is how you copied my last sentence word for word to really hammer in the point. Excellent touch. Really sorry about your lady problems, son, but based on this and seeing how defensive you got in later replies, I'm going to take a wild guess and say this is a recurring theme and your INTP is not the first lady who has snubbed you and won't be the last. Good luck!
Not sure he's been snubbed yet.

Has any of our advice helped?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

Why are you hating on women for being women? They like what they like. It’s very inconsistent, you should know that and work with it.
I see everyday where the creepy men approach women who are polite, and the man takes that as license to be familiar with her. When she obviously has no interest in being around him. And frequently shows signs of discomfort. Once in awhile I see a woman basically tell one of these men to leave her the fuck alone. Sometimes accompanied by a subtle or overt threat of violence from a (fictitious, if need be) boyfriend/husband. The man will act hurt, but the woman is then free to spend time with the men she wants to without the creepy man interfering. I don’t judge those creepy men too harshly, forcing themselves into a woman’s attention is the only way they are going to get any attention. Unless they stop being creepy. I stopped when I was 18, it’s sad to see 50 year old creeps.
And men do a lot of the same thing. When I was single, I would totally avoid talking to women I was not attracted to. There were always plenty of attractive women for me to talk to, even if I had no intention of dating them. Some women called me on this, asking why I didn’t talk to their unattractive friends. I never had a good answer for that, if redpill/pua stuff had been around then I probably could have had some fun with it. But I have heard that unattractive women feel invisible to normal men (but ohh, the creeps notice them), and get bitter about it. Which makes men want to talk to them even less. I have found that to be somewhat true, but small sample size and whatnot...Being chronically married, I will converse with some of these unattractive women and sometimes they will get flirty, which doesn’t usually keep me from talking to them. But most of the time they don’t get flirty, it’s the attractive ones who mostly do that. It’s like they can tell I find them attractive and they respond to that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Not sure he's been snubbed yet.

Has any of our advice helped?
No, I haven't been snubbed yet. Actually, like I said, this is actually one of the many topics me and her see eye to eye on! Many of Your tips has helped, but it's not like I follow those advices to the tee. I keep them in the back of my head when we talk, and then, if there's some of them that I'm not certain about, I actually straight up ask her about it "How do you feel about this?".

But it's funny to see how they flat out try to make this into something I'm struggeling With, when I've been very explicit about that this is something I saw while I was working at the Club. Personally I don't even get into the situations where this is a thing that happens. But the second someone just flipped the coin on her, she took every chanse for a low blow she could, making it into a personal thing and trying to twist my Words. It's entertaining to witness! I sent my intp friend a snapshot of this, and she asked if she really was an INTP.

Today she actually asked me if I would be able to travel to her city any time soon to meet up! I asked what made her suddently want to meet, and she said that she's interrested, and wants to see if what I said about introverts being able to actually relaxe and recharge With me present is something that she'll be able to feel as well, because she's starting to see an opportunity for something a bit more serious. I'm really trying to not rush Things at this point, as she's showed that she's interrested. But she was very casual while talking about it, so I don't want to get all excited about something she's either trying not to be excited aobut, or isn't.

I'm most likely gonna be able to see her at the end of this month, as I'm currently kind of drowning in work. But we're gonna talk more about it when the time comes. For now we're enjoying the 7hr+ conversations we're able to have when we both have time, she's actually started to reply quicker to my texts as well!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Flattery will get you everywhere hahaha

Well if that's all it takes to win an ENTJ, I'd say we INTPs are a pretty damn good match.
We have a bad tendency to stick around even when a friendship or relationship has turned toxic.
Hence why we are so choosy, we take relationships and friendships very seriously.
Now I really want an ENTJ girlfriend.

Well since you helped me, I'll help you as promised.
Hey, I'm happy to be of service! And Yeah, it's quite entertaining for both the ENTJ and the INTP when they realize how well they communicate! It's a fun phenomenon, especially for the INTP, since a lot of the small quirks that no one really has taken an interest in, will be something the ENTJ finds very fazinating, and you'll get to Express those quirks with a captivated audience, that's just as curious and interested with how Your head Works as you yourself are. And we're really good at taking that sometimes random mess of Words that come out from Your mouth (When it made Perfect sense in Your head) and completely understand what you were trying to say.

If you want to find INTP girls, a secret "breeding ground", you need not look further than Equestrians.

Equestrians have all types of Introverted type girls.
Since horsing requires both a level of knowledge, and is an expensive hobby (which typically requires some level of intelligence), it is not uncommon to find INTPs there.
Hope that helps.

Oh really? Hm... I actually never thought about that… I can see how the Logic behind that sort of adds up, but I'll have to see it for myself to actually believe it! Could be the fact that my country has made that sport into something extremely feminin, and if you had asked me, I'd actually take that for a Place where female ESFJ's and those kind of "mean Girls" og... But I've never actually been there, so I'm completely aware that my first thought is based on nothing. Thanks! I'll defidently check that out.

My fantasy world, and random things I say, tend to be on the more serious end of the spectrum.
So I'll leave you with this random thought I had.

Have you ever thought about the phrase: "Can't see the forest for the trees"?
If you think about it, if you added one letter to the phrase, just an "e" to "for", it completely changes it's meaning.

"Can't see the forest for the trees" - Can't see the big picture for its individual parts.
"Can't see the forest fore the trees" - Can't see the big picture because its individual parts are in the way.
:joyous:
Dude… If you wanna talk more, hit me up in the DM's. That shit there is some NeXT Level stuff, it's simple, and not at all complicated, but it's something that very few would actually even come to think about, and that's the facinating side of Your head. I have some "fun facts" like that as well, but I'll save them for later.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
But it's funny to see how they flat out try to make this into something I'm struggeling With
Men who are successful/skilled in their interactions and relationships with the fairer sex don't count the minutes between replies or ask the internet how to talk to girls :ghost2::ghost2::ghost2:

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Men who are successful/skilled in their interactions and relationships with the fairer sex don't count the minutes between replies or ask the internet how to talk to girls :ghost2::ghost2::ghost2:
We all gotta start somewhere and at least him asking allows him to learn that's not exactly healthy.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts