Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really curious as to what your relationships and experiences have been like with an ENTJ?
Did it work or not? Why or why not? Advice on making a relationship work with an ENTJ?

I would really like to hear about anything and everything regarding ENTJ relationships (specifically in the romantic department). Was it worth it? What should one expect as in INFJ?

Thanks so much in advance! I eagerly await your responses.

Edit: Feel free to write lengthy responses and personal details. I love long responses. MBTI question "give me the..." [facts] or [personal details] <--- *circles personal details*

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
a relationship of mutual respect and mutual stubbornness - it wasn't a significant other, just a friend - they are pretty rare too like INFJs and INTJs

in my experience they are quite outspoken, may be insensitive, and can be a bit overwhelming as extraverts, usually their talks are centered around "lets do it this way" "why didn't you do it this way?" "what do you think about these plans", they are more collected and organized, and they will want to debate with you if you haven't done things the best way, which to them is most efficient and logical way - if you just keep quiet, avoid the argument but also not do what ENTJ has told you to do this can lead them to get upset with you

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I lived with an ENTJ for a year, but I have not dated one.

She was a good person and we got along quite well, though she was certainly insensitive at times when she probably should be empathetic/sensitive. She would have trouble understanding the desire for people to belong to the group (so basically had trouble understanding the drive for Fe). She would also get very frustrated with people's lack of open-mindedness, lack of drive for self-growth, and focus on details. This is where we met and understood each other well because we both felt that way via Ni. Yet, she would always need her external environment consistent and structured, which was tough for me at times to know when to "stay out of her way".(Te). But I mean with me being an introvert it was easy for me to maintain that independence and not get in the way of her driven structured routine (if that makes sense).

We also lived with an ESFJ and my ENTJ roommate would get frustrated with her a lot (probably more so than me) because of her constant desire to do things with others, dependence, sensitivity, focus on details, desire to "be in charge" of the living environment, etc. etc.

Reactions: Ethanol
1 - 3 of 3 Posts