Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
They have not noticed that in most cartoons or movies always entj are bad? even some evil characters that are not entj, the people say that if they are entj, why? because they are evil, if not evil, THEN are workers is stressed, also when people think entj are not friendly and are always serious compared to the ESTJ, shown as honest workers in most of the time,while entj are lying indecent always compelling and sending others, in my case, I'm a friendly person and try to be happy, but that does not make me a enfj person, hate people who think that people "extraverted thinking" are bitter and are selfish people even thought I was infp because I am friendly and sometimes shy, but that does not make me any less logical or less "thinking"? Because some idiots think that "thinking extraverted" stands for "egoists"?

I never let myself go by sentiments and that does not make me bad, it is typical if someone shows some compassion automatically is a person "feeling "It can only be good?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Um... first of all, what? Second, pretty sure we have about six billion threads on this already.

Reactions: Lesuhlee

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Um... first of all, what? Second, pretty sure we have about six billion threads on this already.
First, yes, that is

Secondly, I am too lazy to look for similar discussions to this topic

·
Registered
427 Posts
What makes me laugh is when other types are always the first to say that a 'good' character is "DEFINITELY NOT" an ENTJ because they aren't always ruthless and cruel.
Whatever, let them believe what they want; that way, when I 'decide' to be 'nice', everybody will drop whatever they're doing and let the moment sink in for a while. Damn right, we almost never get taken for granted.
Scoff.

Btw, what I wrote above is just because I identified a vague theme, not because of your non-existent/poorly drafted questions and horrible sentence structure.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Want an example of a not completely over the top stereotypical ENTJ?

I give you Rin Tohsaka from Fate/Stay Night:

For some context:

She just summoned her servant which she needs to fight in the battle royal of mages known as the holy grail war. She wanted to summon the Saber class but got the Archer instead because she mistook the time, thus misdoing her summoning spell.

The Archer is an ISTP.

Something I find hilarious about Rin is that her body language and thought process is the exact same as my male ENTJ friend. I first teased him over it but he has since embraced it.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Tl;dr*

*too lazy, didn't read

Addendum: there's a difference, between 'lazy' and 'lacking fucks to give'. I'm not lazy; I just lack fucks to give: about what stereotypes others have pegged me as; what values others may or may not be assigning to anything I do or say; and about this post or the OP.

Zero fucks. Count em.

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
It's a stereotype perpetuated by people who:

don't actually know us
incorrectly identify others with the trait as ENTJs
continue to start threads like this here at PerC

·
Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
2,795 Posts
What gets me is this -- have they looked at themselves re: their own conduct at all?

I just got home from work. One of my coworkers has a bullfrog for a pet. She feeds it live mice, and not only stands there watching, but films it with her phone and shows it to others.

And I'm supposed to be the heartless one? Wtf? :dry:

Yes, predation happens. One of the stray cats I feed kills just about anything she can get her paws on. Birds, mice, moles, voles, even squirrels. Hell, she even dragged in a bat one time. She hunts and kills -- she is a predator, and that is nature. But to GIVE her a mouse in a little confined space where the mouse cannot escape, sit there and watch, film the whole thing, etc?

Just sick.

Reactions: Sangoire and maust

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
They have not noticed that in most cartoons or movies always entj are bad?
What about Nick Fury from the Marvel Cinematic 'Verse?

... Never mind, I think I'm starting to see your point :wink:

·
Registered
3,157 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
My unsolicited $0.02 worth:

Some things I have noticed about the two ENTJ's I know:
- They have the kind of presence that makes people sit up and take notice;
- They speak with the kind of authority that inspires confidence in the larger objectives;
- They can plan on the fly - adjusting tactics to ensure the success of their overall strategy;
- They can make leaps of logic at an astounding pace (especially to an inferior Te user such as myself);
- They are capable of remaining objective when making tough calls.

It is no wonder that these qualities are given to villainous characters... they're interesting qualities and would offer a challenge to anyone.

I know that these qualities are not necessarily the sole province of ENTJ's... but honestly, what's so bad about being cast as the villain? The villains get all the best lines :)

Come on... free scotch on the rocks for anyone who has rooted for the super slick villain over the smug, over confident, under planned but infuriatingly lucky good guy.

Any takers? No... just me? Oh well *pours another scotch and drinks to ENTJ villainy*

Reactions: Elistra and myGTI

·
Registered
INTP
7,024 Posts
Personally I think this is a classic failure of understanding, among many, that a lot of people make in terms of MBTI stereotypes.

It doesn't really help when each type is given a special superhero name, like the Executives, Caregivers, Architect, Scientist, Artist, etc.

ENTJs are logical, to-the-point, no-nonsense, moral, people.

I'm yet to meet a bad ENTJ.

Personally I'd say the supervillains are ususally INTJs anyway. They have a more IDGAF attitude sometimes. Morals are subjective, apparently.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Personally I think this is a classic failure of understanding, among many, that a lot of people make in terms of MBTI stereotypes.

It doesn't really help when each type is given a special superhero name, like the Executives, Caregivers, Architect, Scientist, Artist, etc.

ENTJs are logical, to-the-point, no-nonsense, moral, people.

I'm yet to meet a bad ENTJ.

Personally I'd say the supervillains are ususally INTJs anyway. They have a more IDGAF attitude sometimes. Morals are subjective, apparently.
Nailed it right here. There is a code and a moral system which binds us to doing the right thing. However if someone else doesn't posses the same set of values / perspective then my actions may be seen as evil. Prime example is traffic. I am from Massachusetts and if you don't know it is home to the rudest drivers on planet earth. They don't call us Massholes for nothing. That being said I do my part to sabotage dbag drivers. However sometimes my methods may be seen as also dbagish. So you want to drive as far as you can down a lane that you know is ending, have known it is ending for miles, have had multiple chances to merge, but you insist on waiting to the very last second and then push your way in, most often with out a directional on, likely thinking that hey you HAVE to let me in because my lane has ended. I make it a point to not let them in if I have seen them speed down the lane without even an attempt to merge, or they are even too lazy to put their directional on as a request to merge. If it is particularly bad, I will straddle the lanes forcing those behind me to merge as there isn't room to get around me.
Do I have the authority to do this? nope, but I feel it is my duty to remind these jackasses that they share the road and all that their behavior of abusing the grey ethical area of traffic law does is piss others off and raise the general level of road rage for all around them.

Taken to an extreme such as one life for many, I could see how an ENTJ could be evil.

·
Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
2,795 Posts
So you want to drive as far as you can down a lane that you know is ending, have known it is ending for miles, have had multiple chances to merge, but you insist on waiting to the very last second and then push your way in, most often with out a directional on, likely thinking that hey you HAVE to let me in because my lane has ended. I make it a point to not let them in if I have seen them speed down the lane without even an attempt to merge, or they are even too lazy to put their directional on as a request to merge.
Yup! I've done that as a matter of principle too, ever since I learned to drive! :tongue:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well, we can't exactly be the superhero when we're not "human" enough to start unnecessary drama, make foolish blunders, conflict between obvious choices and frolic in all the feels.

Seriously. Can you imagine an ENTJ protagonist? He/She'll get so much shit done and kick so much ass.

People can't relate to that level of awesomeness.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts