Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhere I read that ENTJs care about their looks? I need to read up on the personality types a bit more. The reason I frequent the ENTJ boards is bc my husband tested as one although there's a thin line between his I and E. He does not give a damn about how he looks or presents himself. He's also the most chronically late person I've ever met which makes me question his J. I also think his time management is poor when it comes to planning his day. He's very driven, was an engineer then became a physician, which he excels at. He prefers to lead and assumes this role naturally. Can come across as arrogant, but deep inside is a giant teddy bear that no one gets to see (except me and his kids). Extremely confident in his decision making, no hesitation. Likes to lead, prefers to take control. Always looking for opportunities to improve his practice (work). He's probably one of the best doctors I've ever met (I may be biased but I was a nurse and worked with many). His patients adore him, I think he may get on his co-workers nerves because he's so blunt and a little showy about his expertise. He'll go on and on...
He has quite a dark sense of humor that can be bothersome, sometimes he goes too far. I'm always worried he's going to say something rude or innapropriate. I can see others reactions toward him but he doesn't and when I tell him he doesn't care...lol. He likes to go out, we are opposites in this way. I'm fully content with doing absolutely nothing, while he gets ansy and has to be doing something. He's not very smooth and a bit awkward which is what attracted me to him in the first place. I have had my share of players. He's very honest and direct. His parents told me when he was little he was very shy and sweet, he was bullied when he was younger (middle school) even though he is a big guy. He's very handy can do pretty much anything he sets his mind to and once he sets his mind on something he goes for it. My intense or unpredictable emotions boggle his mind, he just never knows what to say lol. I do know that when I'm angry with him it upsets him a great deal, he wishes I would just relax and trust in him. Also, I'm not impressed with his money spending habits but I'm a bit more conservative about stuff like that. He states I dont know the big picture (which very well may be true).

This is all I can think of right now. Sorry for rambling...so who does this sound like? ENTJ, INTJ or INTP...I'm not even going to lean toward ENTP bc I know that type well. It's either the first 2 I think.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Doesn't sound entirely INTP. Probably either ENTJ or INTJ. You should read up on Ni and Te, as functions, and try to determine which one seems like his leading function, as they are very different from one another. ENTJ's and INTJ's have both, but the difference between the two types is explained, in large part, by understanding the difference between being Ni-dom and Te-dom.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Sounds more like an INTJ than an ENTJ for several reasons.

He does not give a damn about how he looks or presents himself.

He's also the most chronically late person I've ever met.
INTJs are less likely to take others into consideration. Their time is the only time that matters to them, and they dress to please themselves not others.

Also, I'm not impressed with his money spending habits
From personal experience, I've seen multiple INTJs be frivolous in areas of spending. They are extremely good with money, don't get me wrong, but they are somewhat impulsive when they see something they really want. I'm not talking about paying extra for HBO channels and spending extra money here and there (they are good with money in this respect). I'm talking about hobby/enthusiast related things (cars/guns/memorabilia).

Of course I'm sure some self-proclaimed INTJ will come on here and disagree with everything I just said. That's why there is that disclaimer at the top "from personal experience".

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't sound entirely INTP. Probably either ENTJ or INTJ. You should read up on Ni and Te, as functions, and try to determine which one seems like his leading function, as they are very different from one another. ENTJ's and INTJ's have both, but the difference between the two types is explained, in large part, by understanding the difference between being Ni-dom and Te-dom.
Thanks for your response :) I have looked up both and they are very vague. I read them to him and he identified with Te more, but maybe he understood it better because Te was better explained.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

INTJs are less likely to take others into consideration. Their time is the only time that matters to them, and they dress to please themselves not others.

From personal experience, I've seen multiple INTJs be frivolous in areas of spending. They are extremely good with money, don't get me wrong, but they are somewhat impulsive when they see something they really want. I'm not talking about paying extra for HBO channels and spending extra money here and there (they are good with money in this respect). I'm talking about hobby/enthusiast related things (cars/guns/memorabilia).

Of course I'm sure some self-proclaimed INTJ will come on here and disagree with everything I just said. That's why there is that disclaimer at the top "from personal experience".
I think he's an INTJ as well, you described him well with his chronic late thing. That's even his explanation, which I think stinks because it's inconsiderate. I don't think he's a mean person but if he's focused on something it's as if the whole world dissapears. I need to take medicine to focus that much lol. In some ways I'm more introverted but much better socially, it could just be a woman thing. I'm always thinking about how my actions affect others feelings, so when he doesn't consider mine at times I am highly insulted :).

You nailed the money thing too especially cars, it's like all rationality goes out the window. We have an interesting relationship, he has told me that I'm the only woman he has been able to talk to about things in depth.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Thanks for your response :) I have looked up both and they are very vague. I read them to him and he identified with Te more, but maybe he understood it better because Te was better explained.
He should I.D. with Te, as it is the second function in the INTJ line-up.

INTJ is Ni>Te>Fi>Se

The way the functions line-up is kind of like a map, it shows how information travels through the brain from start to finish. So the first two functions are so important because that's where the information stops first, and where most of the processing of that information occurs. Of course it's a lot more complicated than that, especially when you get into shadow functions, but if you're just starting out it's a good and less confusing way to look at it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I routinely test between an ENTJ and ENTP. I always test as an 8w7 though. I care about my appearance, am always on time and am decisive. I'm not a neat freak and not all that organized. So I guess I'm an ENTJP. The E though for me as NTP or J, is not because I'm a people person. I'm not. I need people to feed and energize my ideas, but if I'm around them too long, I start to crack. I prefer to be left alone much of the time.

Reactions: SweetPickles

·
Registered
1,395 Posts

I actually agree with everything you said.

OP, sounds more like INTJ.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
He sounds a LOT like me. I have always considered myself extroverted, but truthfully I'm more of an ambivert.

The exact line between ENTJ and INTJ is not something that you need to worry with, IMO. ENTJs and INTJs are only very different when the personalities are highly pronounced. Those of us that are not 100% either way will fall into different places on the same scale, as ENTJs and INTJs use all the same cognitive functions. Specifically, a lot of Te and Ni, in varying degrees.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Probably INTJ.
I have a INTJ cousin, and can relate him to the Fi thingy, when you know him well he is full of love and s*it like that. he appears to be a serious man (and he is) but when my INFP cousin is with him, he can get out that funny feelings inside his mind. He also try to look well but for him, doesnt care about people opinions as well.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm definite that your husband is an INTJ, and this is coming from a fellow INTJ.
Side note, INTJs seem to get along pretty well with INFPs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.