Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this? On function tests I always have stronger Ne than Ni. This is what I score: Te, Ne, Ni/Ti (depends on the test), Se, Si, Fi, Fe.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I would take cognitive function tests with a grain of salt. Questions like "do you feel most alive when you are able to see and pursue possibilities" with a scale of 1 to 5... They consider this Ne. What intuitive type introverted or extraverted would say no? Even a lot of Se types would probably score high on that. It's too ambiguous and subjective for clear definitive answers.

Do you sometimes not feel like you are not in touch with reality? This is looking for Si. I'm pretty sure a lot of introverts regardless of intuitive or sensor might say yes. Even an extraverted intuitive might answer it yes for being head in the clouds for creative thinking.

I regularly get an even score between Se and Ni. Am I a sensor? Not really. Most Se dom or aux types would laugh. I really like abstract concepts more so than the novelty of something cool or immediately physically tangible despite how in touch I am with that sort of thing.

Reactions: Helweh18 and Devil

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
My Ni and Se are both equal, but my Ne is behind those both, whenever one is higher or one is lower, sometimes they are equal.

Maybe you are secretly an INTP.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Meh, do not overthink. These tests are not reliable and some are not even valid.

My score is in my sig.

Reactions: Devil and -Halo-

·
Registered
639 Posts
Take the tests with a grain of salt. You'll find that if you're still growing up and having reached your 'final form' that some of these tests aren't quite appropriate. Remember we're all growing everyday and those below 25 haven't even solidified yet.

Remember even amongst ENTJs we are differently developed. Also mind you this was a system that was originally devised to find what sort of careers people are best suited for. It's not accurate. It's just a rough guide. We aren't special snowflakes but we are all different for the most part.

Reactions: -Halo-

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Ni and Se are both equal, but my Ne is behind those both, whenever one is higher or one is lower, sometimes they are equal.

Maybe you are secretly an INTP.
Eh, I doubt I'm an INTP. I had a significantly stronger preference of Te over Ti, Se over Si, & Fi over Fe. Also, ENTJ descriptions fit me more, as do Te descriptions.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Well, in short yes it is quite possible. Although like everyone has said, take the results with skepticism and take a variety of them to compare results with.

I think I remember hearing something about Jung believing the first two functions were the same E/I and that part of MBTI was to change it to opposing E/I functions. This would make ENTJ Te-Ne.

We also have the other cognitive function theory known as Socionics. In Socionics, if you are also ENTJ, then Ne would be your demonstrative function. Demonstrative functions are usually almost as strong if not basically equally to dominant functions. Of course since these are two completely different theories, you must look into what ENTJ is in Socionics before you take that into account.

In MBTI sense of the functions though, I would say I personally order Te-Ne-Ni-Ti-Se-Fe-Si-Fi.

·
Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
2,717 Posts
I have a high Ne as well, according to function tests. I credit my Ne for the ability to not just rant, but to rave as well. :wink:

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Sometimes I think I'm a really laid-back, goofy ENTJ by way of my Ne..
I've read some of your posts in other sub forums and always thought you seemed more definite and judging than open and perceptive.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I would say according to the order of functions and considering dominant functions, you would be more likely to be ENTJ. You show Te as a primary function and all your other functions are in order of ENTJ.

On the same token, there is no "such thing" as an ENTP with Te as a dominant function, Se over Si, and to top it off sensing before feeling. I would have to say that these inclinations lean more towards ENTJ. At least it weighs more heavily than than one function being reversed.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
If you look at Beebe's model, or at socionics, you'll see that all the NT's have high preference for N and T. Its the orientation of your preferred functions that determine ENTP/INTP/ENTJ/INTJ.

I mean, my third and fourth functions consistently come up as Ni and Te. Doesn't make me an NTJ.

Reactions: -Halo-
1 - 18 of 18 Posts