Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this? It's a confusing duo. You would think a type 4 would be a Feeler.

I'd really like to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
196 Posts
When my shadow ENTJ emerges (more often than it should) I'm still type 4

There are statistical correlations with type, but that's inevitable. They are different systems, and in my opinion the relation is very limited. The validity on mbti/enneagram statistics is about as applicable to the individual as typist mbti stereotypes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When my shadow ENTJ emerges (more often than it should) I'm still type 4

There are statistical correlations with type, but that's inevitable. They are different systems, and in my opinion the relation is very limited. The validity on mbti/enneagram statistics is about as applicable to the individual as typist mbti stereotypes.
I'm not sure what you're saying. The relation between the Enneagram and MTBI systems are limited even though there's a statistical correlation between the two?

How does it feel when you transition into your shadow ENTJ, while still being a Type 4?
What is different? What do you notice?

For instance, do you take things less personally? (4's are known to take things very personally. I used to do this when I was younger however not so much anymore, if at all, which may have to do with Fi developing as my last function).

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm not sure what you're saying. The relation between the Enneagram and MTBI systems are limited even though there's a statistical correlation between the two?

How does it feel when you transition into your shadow ENTJ, while still being a Type 4?
What is different? What do you notice?

For instance, do you take things less personally? (4's are known to take things very personally. I used to do this when I was younger however not so much anymore, if at all, which may have to do with Fi developing as my last function).
Fi is just a function, enneagram is a state of mind. Fi is often associated with type four because people who use Fi are generally more likely to fall into particular patterns of behaviour. But an ENTJ can just as easily be type four because behavioural patterns are influenced by a number of things (including environment, gender, and just about anything else the mbti doesn't cover) so I don't think it's all that abnormal.

I think the biggest influence MBTI has on psychological state are the behaviours that your type might lead you to (because MBTI by itself is only a method for interpreting information) Fi and taking things personally would be a case for this. I think this psychological state is closer to what the enneagram is supposed to be.

I'm not as familiar with Te, but I imagine Ni would probably be distorted with the bias a type four has. It would be good at confirming your inherent subconscious disposition. As for me, yeah I take things personally, more than when I'm an Fi dom. I'm also a deliberate a**hole. Again, that's because of my psychological disposition. When I'm using my shadow I'm not in a good place.

I'm struggling a lot to explain in a holistic/relevant way, it's kind of the curse of tertiary Ni. But I hope you can take something away from my thoughts :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts