Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
7,754 Posts
This has actually already been asked several times, and now I am able to answer with great certainty:
No. No. And another big no. Tried and tested.

(I'm actually an INFP in a PerC halloween costume btw - which kinda proves the point)

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,690 Posts
Most likely not! I'd give anything a try though ;) There's a lot to admire about someone who uses your inferior function so skillfully.

·
Banned
3,936 Posts
It requires a great amount of maturity for both partners, one of the most important aspects being able to come to terms with your own imperfections, which is a given when inferior and dominant functions are swapped. My experience with ISFP was, on the one hand, amazing, and on the other hand - devastating at times. Sometimes I really felt inadequate from being unable to communicate my feelings properly, things I meant as calm and comforting came out as cold and outright hurtful, and whenever I tried to resolve misunderstandings rationally, I felt like I was caught in a zugzwang when every effort I made would make situation worse. It just happened.
It took us a long time to develop in that regard, and now I can safely say it's the best thing ever.

Once again? It's all a matter of maturity. But relationship in pairs such as ENTJxINFP are more demanding. Not a good place to start.

·
Banned
767 Posts
The important question is "Can it work?" It's never "Will it work? It all depends on how developed and mature the two people are. Therefore, the answer is "it can work."

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Well I'll tell you if I ever experience such a thing.
I'm up for the challenge, but I know that it would take a ton of work from both parties. If I ever want a major personal growth that ends with me in tears in a corner (good tears, in the sense of personal growth)... I'd try it xD

Apparently it can work. I remember reading reddit threads of 3-4 ENTJs delivering wall of texts of how they were married to INFPs and they claimed to be happy.
I also remember reading a blog post by an INFP married to an ENTJ, they had children and everything, and she said she was very happy in her marriage. Ofc we must assume that when these people say "happy" they don't mean everything is roses and rainbows. I automatically assume that inner work as well as work on the relationship was necessary, but that's not exclusive to these types, it's for all types under the sun.
I think it depends on how willing the people in the relationship are to do self development, and listen to each other for real, and keep each other's best ultimate wellbeing in consideration during conflict. Etc etc etc.

·
Banned
3,277 Posts
Yes this pairing does work, but mostly female ENTJ with male INFP

·
Registered
902 Posts
I think once an INFP learns to speak the NT language, and vise versa, it can work. I personally am most attracted to xNTJs in real life, so there is that. Of course, as others said, they would both need to be mature individuals in order for the relationship to work. I tend to be attracted to NTJs who have more developed Fi or are very imaginative with their Ni. And I am on the drier, more sarcastic, and critical side of NF.

Reactions: stathamspeacoat

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Yes, it could definitely work. ENTJs can be a little too strong in will I suppose? Communication needs to mature for both since its a different channel. Father is ENTJ and we struggle to communicate a lot. But meh, a female ENTJ sounds interesting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts