Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there was ever a game made specifically for ENTJs this is it. If you're an ENTJ and have never played or are a woman, which seem to have a good ratio to male ENTJs on PerCafe, being 1% of the population and all, then give this game a chance.

Honestly if i had the game right now this thread wouldn't exist, nor would my social life for a good month maybe more, but sadly i didnt pay more for the preorder through amazon and thus have to wait :dry:

Personally i like to play as the Terran usually because they're tough and flexible down the line, although the Zerg have great potential for the creative ENTJ to cheese with. Protoss too are fun to play as being very durable and powerful in the hands of a confident ENTJ.

But regardless of what i think, what do you guys think?

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Have you ever played game called EVE Online? Has been my favorite internet spaceship game for a while. Single server pvp-oriented MMO with space conquest and enough complexity to be entertaining for a long, long while. Free download of the client available from their website so no waiting to order the game itself. I've met 3 ENTJs in this game - they seem to really like commanding the fleets part of it not surprisingly :laughing:

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
So I'll nerd out with you guys too. This may sound odd, but I find FPS (First Person Shooter) games way more fun than MMO's. Yeah, there's a lack of strategy, yeah it doesn't require much thinking, but it's fun. Not to diss MMO's, they're cool but I just don't have time anymore to really get into it.

FPS just gives you that satisfaction of knowing you made a little kid cry in Australia. After a while I start talking like this dude.

YouTube - The Online Gamer

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I bumped into the same issue when I discovered MMOs - that they require way too much time - but i found EVE to be surprisingly casual-player friendly and relaxing. There is no grind up through levels - skills simply train over time whether you play the game or not, so I don't feel like I'm being forced to play every evening. Add to it the scifi theme and complexity that the population lovingly refers to as 'idiot' filter, I find it is a good deal as far as MMOs go. One of the better trailers - youtube.com/watch?v=4rQ9_3DckAQ

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I'm a Shadowbane addict, basically, even though the game was officially shutdown in July 2009 (with an emulator being made). It has possibly the most complex character template system of any MMO ever made. It's also group vs group oriented with usually somewhere between 10 to 40 people per side that are coordinated in voice chat, usually, which adds some more layers of complexity.

I've started trying to get people to take the MBTI test, especially the people I play with, and I found out most people are STs, usually IST. The group I'm with, I think there were a few ESTJs, ISTJs, an ENFP, INFP, ESTP, and ESFP and only one other INTP. So, it's kind of strange that Ns haven't gotten into this type of game with it's complexity, although it might be a matter of all the data mining that is required to understand how it works, as well as it being team based.

The one thing about this game that's different from most, is that it requires a good "battle commander," which means the person who is leading the group and getting people organized and doing what they're supposed to in the fights. A good leader is the difference between your group being good or sucking. Seems like a good place for an ENTJ?

Oh, and Shadowbane doesn't require nearly as much time as other MMOs, as far as "work" (leveling) goes. I can't get myself to bother with the other grindfest MMOs. SB just requires a while to learn how it all works (unless you're one of the grunts that just follows a pre-made character template and does what the BC tells you).

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I bumped into the same issue when I discovered MMOs - that they require way too much time - but i found EVE to be surprisingly casual-player friendly and relaxing. There is no grind up through levels - skills simply train over time whether you play the game or not, so I don't feel like I'm being forced to play every evening. Add to it the scifi theme and complexity that the population lovingly refers to as 'idiot' filter, I find it is a good deal as far as MMOs go. One of the better trailers - youtube.com/watch?v=4rQ9_3DckAQ
Hm. I've heard some SB players say they like this game, although I heard it took a lot of time, so I didn't check into it.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I'm not an ENTJ but for the record I bought Starcraft 2 the day it came out. I used to be a very hardcore gamer until I swore off of videogames a few years ago, I'm easing back into it and I don't see me getting any other games than this one, I love it.

By the way I play as Zerg, originally I played as Protoss but everyone played as them, so I changed to Zerg. I like the Zerg because it lets me play a bit more creatively than the Protoss, although I think the Protoss have awesome abilities and I don't think people use them to their full potential. Seems like its usually just a Colossus + Zealot all out attack. Which is fine by me because that's easy enough to beat.

Plus the Zerg are annoying as shit, which I love XD

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Hm. I've heard some SB players say they like this game, although I heard it took a lot of time, so I didn't check into it.
Some players treat it like a rat race of some kind, or they want to be uber pvpers in a top notch alliance. I have no such aspirations, play around 5-15 hours a week and enjoy it at slower pace. At the beginning it takes some time to set up and read the guides of course, but the game play certainly does not demand 30 hours put in every week or group play for that matter. At veteran level can play solo, with 2-3 other people, or in alliance of hundreds of players. And skills train passively.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have most recently been mastering the art of the defensive nuke rush. Nothing makes a person quit faster than you destroying their 2 brand new expansion bases and all their scvs when they go to attack your base. Also what is it with people NOT researching the yamoto cannon? Madness I say. If you are going to build Battlecruisers then do it right and pull up some vikings for AA defence.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Paradox Interactive games are the ENTJ games, i would think, but man I still rly want SC2

·
Registered
603 Posts
Warcraft 3 custom games are the tops. No FPS, no MMO and not event starcraft 2 can come close at this point and it's been out for almost a decade.

For those of you who are unfamiliar, the Basshunters song "Dota" is about a custom map on warcraft 3 and it is a RTS, not an MMO like WoW.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Starcraft was one of the singular WORST games I ever spent money on or wasted time with.

Starcraft 2, I wouldn't bother even buying since you only get 1 race and have no LAN capability. Why anyone would spend money on an incomplete game, made for spastic Koreans is beyond me, but whatever.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.