Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
When they do something stupid... and I'm not sure what words I should use to tell them they're being stupid. I use the "are you seriously kidding me right now?!" ENTJ stare. Happens more often than you'd think

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Pretty often if confronted with an emotional problem I can’t just use logic to explain. I sort of shut down and calculate for a few minutes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very rarely, however, I have found ways and means of discontinuing conversations with those I deem it unnecessary, where previously I would find it difficult to escape from a conversation.

i.e. with an INTJ or INTP who wont let me leave a group conversation for fear of it literally leaving them with absolutely zero protection, or steering guidance between them and other personality types.

It can be brutal, and I can honestly say, much time in my life has been wasted on conversations I couldn't get out of.

Smoking was great for escapism, but that particular avenue is now not available.

Sometimes it is easier just to lay out what you think in a way which offends everyone in the room and be the bad ENTJ guy than to listen to non-sensical rubbish for an hour and a half.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Ni is difficult to communicate. That’s my two cents. You rely on it and it doesn’t produce the necessary output, and you will be at loss for words.

·
Registered
65 Posts
When people are being overly illogical and proud of it.
When people are being overly selfish and proud of it.
When people are overly demanding and have no shame.

·
Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
2,727 Posts
Pretty often if confronted with an emotional problem I can’t just use logic to explain. I sort of shut down and calculate for a few minutes.
Yes. Unless it is anger (which is easy), I have to go find the words... and the "mushier" it is, the more difficult it is.

Reactions: Sven The Returned

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'll parrot what everyone here has said, and add on one more thing: when peeps go out of their way to help me or be nice.

Peeps at work help me at the possible scorn of their assistant director, because he's an obvious racist? Speechless.
Hand out little valentines with breakfast puns on 'em to everyone in the division, just to spread sunshine? Speechless.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I often leave without saying anything, usually because I am very annoyed at someone's actions (rude, disrespectful). I must go somewhere else to calm down, or else I will end up yelling at them.

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
This used to be in my signature:

y=1/x ; where y= the level of my interest, and x= the amount of your fucknuttery

(The level of my interest is inversely proportional to the amount of your fucknuttery)

I’m not rendered mute by the lack of your profundity, I just choose to ignore it.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
Often, for the various reasons already said.

For me the biggest one is I am not great at expressing myself. Almost every time I try people completely misunderstand and take offense, and honestly, I hate that we live in a society which is so focused on words. Actions are a far more accurate representation of a person.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Often, for the various reasons already said.

For me the biggest one is I am not great at expressing myself. Almost every time I try people completely misunderstand and take offense, and honestly, I hate that we live in a society which is so focused on words. Actions are a far more accurate representation of a person.
we should go back to the ancient egyptian or Sumerian civilisations, and we can speak in symbols and hieroglyphs instead. :)

that’s a genuine suggestion.

i guess memes are a bit like this.

also, judging from your communication, I like your speaking style, it’s badass and rebellious

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
This used to be in my signature:

y=1/x ; where y= the level of my interest, and x= the amount of your fucknuttery

(The level of my interest is inversely proportional to the amount of your fucknuttery)

I’m not rendered mute by the lack of your profundity, I just choose to ignore it.
i found your graph.

View attachment 776153

It’s not looking good, it’s going downward at an exponential rate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts