Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are areas in your life you wish to improve on (It doesn't have to be MBTI related)? What is your course of action for improving those weaknesses?

Now, I know one of you witty ENTJ's will say "But I'm an ENTJ, I have no weaknesses." I beat you to the joke and I'll give everyone 5 seconds to laugh about it. 5__4__3__2__1. Finished? Good. Now let's start self analyzing.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Yes yous entjs have no weakness at all....rolls eyeballs
insanity means one can dream up any conflagration one so chooses.
tis a gravitas pity noone else sees it from far yonder perspective..on account of a reasonable amount of sanity ownership and all that malarkey

Wicked tooters off to bite doon on a stick and to fight dragons and ride of with the princess...ooeer

·
Registered
859 Posts
I have some points to improve. I can be the first to admit :p

I am a great speaker in small gatherings, and I can capture people's interest and change their opinions, but I become nervous and fearful of speaking in front of big audiences. This makes my voice sound shivering, and it's not very convincing to listen to. For me, this is a major problem area that I must eventually face, since I will need to be able to do this during my career.

The problem is in fact that there are very few places where one can actually train these skills outside of formal education, so I have to take every single chance I get to perform in order to learn - But even then, progress is slower than I want it to be. I have seriously pondered living as a doomsayer for a summer or something, pretending to be a mad prophet walking about the city, just to get rid of this anxiety.

Also, there are moments when I find myself without inspiration or motivation to do something I should do, and I start procastrinating. It is rare, but it happens, and when it does, it makes me feel like a worthless slacker. Bringing myself through the drudging pointless work is possible but sleep inducing and saddening, and the results are never as good as when I feel seriously engaged in something.

Also, although I am a quick learner who can present good results after very little research and training, I hate repeating myself to the point that I find the techniques that I have already learned boring and simple after a very short time. I don't see it as challenging anymore, and the assignments I get are technically just exercises in methods that I am already familiar with. Familiarity is boring and pointless, at least if the reason I do these exercises is to learn new skills.

I might fill in with more of these later, but that will do for now.

·
Registered
771 Posts
ty you no uploaded image for that ethereal contribution of rot or perhaps of ones own enigma far b it for this intj too grace your very prepubescence on account of you being a hobo

·
Registered
859 Posts
ty you no uploaded image for that ethereal contribution of rot or perhaps of ones own enigma far b it for this intj too grace your very prepubescence on account of you being a hobo
Yeah, tell me when you start making sense, okay?

Shrooms are good in proper doses, and far between trips. You had way too much and too often.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have some points to improve. I can be the first to admit :p

I am a great speaker in small gatherings, and I can capture people's interest and change their opinions, but I become nervous and fearful of speaking in front of big audiences. This makes my voice sound shivering, and it's not very convincing to listen to. For me, this is a major problem area that I must eventually face, since I will need to be able to do this during my career.

The problem is in fact that there are very few places where one can actually train these skills outside of formal education, so I have to take every single chance I get to perform in order to learn - But even then, progress is slower than I want it to be. I have seriously pondered living as a doomsayer for a summer or something, pretending to be a mad prophet walking about the city, just to get rid of this anxiety.

Also, there are moments when I find myself without inspiration or motivation to do something I should do, and I start procastrinating. It is rare, but it happens, and when it does, it makes me feel like a worthless slacker. Bringing myself through the drudging pointless work is possible but sleep inducing and saddening, and the results are never as good as when I feel seriously engaged in something.

Also, although I am a quick learner who can present good results after very little research and training, I hate repeating myself to the point that I find the techniques that I have already learned boring and simple after a very short time. I don't see it as challenging anymore, and the assignments I get are technically just exercises in methods that I am already familiar with. Familiarity is boring and pointless, at least if the reason I do these exercises is to learn new skills.

I might fill in with more of these later, but that will do for now.
I know that the perception of the ENTJ is that they think that they are faultless, but I don't think anything could be further from the truth. Yes, we are hard on people. But we are hardest on ourselves.

1. I have the same speaking issues, that's weird. Small groups, up to about 30 even, no problem. An auditorium...:unsure:
2. I also can be a procrastinator when it comes to mindless tasks. I like challenge and variety and often what I really want (need) to be doing right now (writing) gets put on a back burner because I have to do (and be) everything myself at the moment, and that is easily disheartening.
3. I can be over-confident. Being "seldom wrong" and a "quick learner" has its pitfalls and that is pride. Sometimes I think, oh, I got this, when in reality I have bitten off way more than I can chew. I don't like asking for help because that looks like weakness and worst, I would be admitting it to myself.
4. I don't trust easily...or much...at all. Someone really has to demonstrate their trustworthiness to me in order for me to feel like I can accept their help or affection. Once someone is in, though, they are in for life as long as they don't betray me....
5. Grudge. If I have a good reason to have one, I will put it in a box on my shelf and will never get rid of it. It almost takes a miracle for me to forgive someone who "makes the shelf."

I'm working on it all. I have made progress on #3, #4 & #5.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I focus on my weaknesses consistently and everyday... I'm constantly trying to find ways to improve myself. Here are a few things I could think of off the top of my head.

Weakness #1- I'm very impatient.
Weakness #2- I'm a workaholic, and I never have time for family and friends.
Weakness #3- I overanalyze everything to the point that it gets me in trouble sometimes.
Weakness #4- I'm an insomniac, therefore depleting my energy levels.
Weakness #5- I have a hard time "loosening up".
Weakness #6- I don't have much understanding of others... Meaning, I can't relate to most people (or I don't try), especially when they are "Feelers".
Weakness #7- On certain occasions, I'm un-excepting to change, mostly when it has to do with my own selfish or bad habits.
Weakness #8- I beat up on myself way too much.

Here are my solutions...

Solution for #1- I've improved this very much over the years, but I still struggle with it even though I mask it well most of the time. I purposely/ willingly try to put my in situations that require my patience to improve this area of myself.

Solution for #2- I haven't worked on improving this yet. I don't really find the need to because I'm addicted to working... I don't know how to stop! Haha! I'm slowly trying to pace myself and spend time with people, and even treat myself out sometimes, but it's really hard for me to do.

Solution #3- To fix this, I try to not "sweat the small stuff", and especially when it clearly isn't that important.

Solution #4- I'm trying to have a scheduled time when I go to bed, not have my work in the bedroom (Because it's a major distraction). And on rare occasions when I haven't slept in days, I take a sleeping pill... If I can get to bed before 6am, it's a major accomplishment for me.

Solution #5- I just try to either surround myself with people who help me "loosen up" and are spontaneous... Or I just try not to take things so seriously.

Solution #6- Well, this is actually one of the reasons I joined this forum. I thought maybe it would help me understand people who aren't like me. So far, it's helped a bit. But I know that I can't learn everything from the internet/ forum, that's why this isn't the only way I'm learning about people. I just try to be as open-minded as I can about others, their feelings, and ideas... Within reason of course.

Solution #7- The solution to this is simple... If it's a bad habit or something that needs change, I have to learn to identify it. Then be open to suggestions to change it. Simple.

Solution #8- I need to except myself the way I am and realize that I'm only human... and even I can make mistakes sometimes...

These are obviously simple/ short solutions, but I didn't feel like going into deep detail with every single solution I have for my problems.

·
Banned
167 Posts
Narcissism and self delusion that has hurt people around me and destroyed some relationships in my past. But life is about experimentation and self expression so I regret nothing. I just look to do better in the future with this new wisdom.

Oh and thoughts of invisibility which makes life angry and promps it to clobber me right in the head. Well life is about experimentation and self expression so I regret nothing. I just look to do better in the future with this new wisdom.

AND sometimes I can be insensitive to emotional nuances... But life is about... And so you can see the real tragic flaw:crazy:

·
Banned
167 Posts
I focus on my weaknesses consistently and everyday... I'm constantly trying to find ways to improve myself. Here are a few things I could think of off the top of my head.

Weakness #1- I'm very impatient.
Weakness #2- I'm a workaholic, and I never have time for family and friends.
Weakness #3- I overanalyze everything to the point that it gets me in trouble sometimes.
Weakness #4- I'm an insomniac, therefore depleting my energy levels.
Weakness #5- I have a hard time "loosening up".
Weakness #6- I don't have much understanding of others... Meaning, I can't relate to most people (or I don't try), especially when they are "Feelers".
Weakness #7- On certain occasions, I'm un-excepting to change, mostly when it has to do with my own selfish or bad habits.
Weakness #8- I beat up on myself way too much.

Here are my solutions...

Solution for #1- I've improved this very much over the years, but I still struggle with it even though I mask it well most of the time. I purposely/ willingly try to put my in situations that require my patience to improve this area of myself.

Solution for #2- I haven't worked on improving this yet. I don't really find the need to because I'm addicted to working... I don't know how to stop! Haha! I'm slowly trying to pace myself and spend time with people, and even treat myself out sometimes, but it's really hard for me to do.

Solution #3- To fix this, I try to not "sweat the small stuff", and especially when it clearly isn't that important.

Solution #4- I'm trying to have a scheduled time when I go to bed, not have my work in the bedroom (Because it's a major distraction). And on rare occasions when I haven't slept in days, I take a sleeping pill... If I can get to bed before 6am, it's a major accomplishment for me.

Solution #5- I just try to either surround myself with people who help me "loosen up" and are spontaneous... Or I just try not to take things so seriously.

Solution #6- Well, this is actually one of the reasons I joined this forum. I thought maybe it would help me understand people who aren't like me. So far, it's helped a bit. But I know that I can't learn everything from the internet/ forum, that's why this isn't the only way I'm learning about people. I just try to be as open-minded as I can about others, their feelings, and ideas... Within reason of course.

Solution #7- The solution to this is simple... If it's a bad habit or something that needs change, I have to learn to identify it. Then be open to suggestions to change it. Simple.

Solution #8- I need to except myself the way I am and realize that I'm only human... and even I can make mistakes sometimes...

These are obviously simple/ short solutions, but I didn't feel like going into deep detail with every single solution I have for my problems.
Such a productive woman... You should relocate your species closer to Florida. We have nice beaches and attractive males.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Such a productive woman... You should relocate your species closer to Florida. We have nice beaches and attractive males.

Thank you for the compliment. Beaches AND attractive males! That sounds ideal! Is this an invitation, Abstract? :wink:

But on a serious note, how could I use my productivity in Florida? Any specific suggestions you had in mind? Haha.

·
Banned
167 Posts
Thank you for the compliment. Beaches AND attractive males! That sounds ideal! Is this an invitation, Abstract? :wink:

But on a serious note, how could I use my productivity in Florida? Any specific suggestions you had in mind? Haha.
Well you could work on the damage control when the oil starts seeping into our side of the ocean. I am sure you could stand to make a lot of money if you come up with an economical solution. Or you could just come and keep me company :wink:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well you could work on the damage control when the oil starts seeping into our side of the ocean. I am sure you could stand to make a lot of money if you come up with an economical solution. Or you could just come and keep me company :wink:
True, but I'm from Texas. It's happening here already. I'd rather save my state than yours any day. :tongue: But the latter suggestion sounds efficient enough for a casual drop-in. Haha... But only if your one of the "attractive males" you speak of :wink:

Reactions: Slkmcphee

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know that the perception of the ENTJ is that they think that they are faultless, but I don't think anything could be further from the truth. Yes, we are hard on people. But we are hardest on ourselves.

1. I have the same speaking issues, that's weird. Small groups, up to about 30 even, no problem. An auditorium...:unsure:
2. I also can be a procrastinator when it comes to mindless tasks. I like challenge and variety and often what I really want (need) to be doing right now (writing) gets put on a back burner because I have to do (and be) everything myself at the moment, and that is easily disheartening.
3. I can be over-confident. Being "seldom wrong" and a "quick learner" has its pitfalls and that is pride. Sometimes I think, oh, I got this, when in reality I have bitten off way more than I can chew. I don't like asking for help because that looks like weakness and worst, I would be admitting it to myself.
4. I don't trust easily...or much...at all. Someone really has to demonstrate their trustworthiness to me in order for me to feel like I can accept their help or affection. Once someone is in, though, they are in for life as long as they don't betray me....
5. Grudge. If I have a good reason to have one, I will put it in a box on my shelf and will never get rid of it. It almost takes a miracle for me to forgive someone who "makes the shelf."

I'm working on it all. I have made progress on #3, #4 & #5.

1.I have never been able to speak to a large crowd outside of social settings, but in a social setting I can get on stage and do whatever. For my oral presentation in Psych I chose Group Therapy as my topic, had the entire class form a circle and discussed my topic as if we were IN group therapy so that I would not have to stand in front of my classmates and "present."

2. I am a professional procrastinator. When the deadline rears its ugly head, I am then on a mission from Hell and nothing will stop me from getting things done on time.

3. I am over confident on occasion and then act like I don't care enough to know what was expected of me.

4. I don't trust anyone other than my Grandmother and the guy with the crazy hair on Ancient Aliens on the History Chanel.

5. I don't really hold grudges, I just glory in the demise of those who have wronged me, not matter how little the suffering. I do forgive, just never forget.

6. I am 40 years old and still think I am 26.:laughing:

Reactions: Black Rabbit

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
In no particular order.

1. Really impatient.
2. Indulgent; smoke, drink, eat too much etc.
3. Easily demotivated, procrastinate too much.
4. I hate sleeping.
5. It intensely annoys me when people speak over me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
1. The speaking to a large amount of people (30 vs 300) is also very difficult for me.

2. I am super impatient and this isn't good for parenting...or anything else.

3. Weakness 2 leads me to be one of those people who finishes people's sentences. I even hate that I do it and try to catch myself...but if I see someone struggling for a word, it's like I can't help myself.

4. I need constant reassurance that I am good enough. This one is hard to explain...like I think that I am good enough and that I rock, but I really am not sure if others think so too and then I start to think maybe I have myself fooled and I'm not good at all. Then I need a pat on the back and the cycle starts all over.:confused:

5. My need for closure is out of control. I can't wait til an appropriate time to discuss something that is bothering me. I need to do it RIGHT NOW. If I have a question, I have to research it RIGHT NOW. I will think about nothing else until I have closed my "hot issue" file. I hate, hate this because it can become almost like a feeling of desperation. I don't know what do about this one.

Oh, and
6. I am terrible at flirting! So there, I do have that for a weakness also. I am incredibly bad at picking up and at giving signals.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Being stuck on emotional puzzles.

I mean, I can be breezy and light, and share banter, but sometimes, inside, my emotions are like this ugly, foul beast that has no sense of direction, LOL :D Inferior Fi, being inferior. You'll either get laughter or crying, or a mixture of both. =)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.