Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What change do you think would make the world a better place? If you had all the power in the world what would you change?

I am going to make a thread in each personality type so please answer only for your type.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
A world in which I had all the power?

I would make sure that didn't change.

·
mafia mod
13,312 Posts
Assuming that I couldnt change people. I would have an international blow bubbles day, where everyone would get those plastic cntainers of bubbles and spend the day, well, blowing them. . Wait! hear me out on this one. People are way to stressed right now, road rage, family rage. A day just t o relax and do something silly would help relieve the stress and calm people down.

See you at Walmart

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Assuming that I couldnt change people. I would have an international blow bubbles day, where everyone would get those plastic cntainers of bubbles and spend the day, well, blowing them. . Wait! hear me out on this one. People are way to stressed right now, road rage, family rage. A day just t o relax and do something silly would help relieve the stress and calm people down.

See you at Walmart

I would like that! I would get my bubbles!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts

See you at Walmart
You know... I see what you did there... I took the concept and gave the powers god-like proportions -- but my actual first thought was something like, purple or orange grass; a white sky with blue clouds.

How very shadow (ISFP) of us.

Putting on my ENTJ face... some thoughts occurred to me;

I'd do away with all forms of impersonal communication, and give people to power to teleport at will to any location of their choosing, with very very few exceptions. (Private/personal spaces come to mind). I would do this in hopes that all communication would be done face to face. Limited telepathy would given for things like setting up meetings, or "hey honey, grab some milk on the way home.", or "hey do you mind if I stop by?"

I would make all knowledge available to everyone. Anytime someone learned something new, it would be added to a universally accessible database. The memory of the person him/herself would be included with the knowledge, so our pioneers would never be forgotten.

I would tear everything down to be rebuilt smarter. No more plastics. Transportation of goods would be done by teleportation--eliminating the need for public transit entirely (when combined with the first idea above.) There would be no smog, no roads, no need for refrigeration. Just blink over to the polar ice caps and grab a "cold one", blink back. Or whole planets of ice could be made for the storage of goods. I planet called "A Cool, Dry, Place" would be created to store most anything else.

I would abolish death from old age, and disease. Death by accident, murder, etc would still be possible. Call it limited immortality. New planets would be created as humanity expanded.

A traders planet would be created--money would be abolished. Bartering would be the standard form of trade.

Theft in its many forms would be punishable by death. (Theft of life, theft of property, theft of freedom, etc.)

Reactions: Diep

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know... I see what you did there... I took the concept and gave the powers god-like proportions -- but my actual first thought was something like, purple or orange grass; a white sky with blue clouds.

How very shadow (ISFP) of us.

Putting on my ENTJ face... some thoughts occurred to me;

I'd do away with all forms of impersonal communication, and give people to power to teleport at will to any location of their choosing, with very very few exceptions. (Private/personal spaces come to mind). I would do this in hopes that all communication would be done face to face. Limited telepathy would given for things like setting up meetings, or "hey honey, grab some milk on the way home.", or "hey do you mind if I stop by?"

I would make all knowledge available to everyone. Anytime someone learned something new, it would be added to a universally accessible database. The memory of the person him/herself would be included with the knowledge, so our pioneers would never be forgotten.

I would tear everything down to be rebuilt smarter. No more plastics. Transportation of goods would be done by teleportation--eliminating the need for public transit entirely (when combined with the first idea above.) There would be no smog, no roads, no need for refrigeration. Just blink over to the polar ice caps and grab a "cold one", blink back. Or whole planets of ice could be made for the storage of goods. I planet called "A Cool, Dry, Place" would be created to store most anything else.

I would abolish death from old age, and disease. Death by accident, murder, etc would still be possible. Call it limited immortality. New planets would be created as humanity expanded.

A traders planet would be created--money would be abolished. Bartering would be the standard form of trade.

Theft in its many forms would be punishable by death. (Theft of life, theft of property, theft of freedom, etc.)
You have a great imagination!!! I want to live there too!!!!

·
mafia mod
13,312 Posts
Good one Grim. I went simplistic,too tired to think right now. I would add life in prison ( on another planet) for those who abuse animals.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What an imaginable and ingenious resoponse. sounds like you have thought about this one before, grimm.

i would like to add rape as a crime punishable by death to the list if i may.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah. Definitely. Rape is probably one of the most despicable things one human beign can do to another. I put it right up there with murder, if not above sometimes.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah. Definitely. Rape is probably one of the most despicable things one human beign can do to another. I put it right up there with murder, if not above sometimes.
I would put rape and especially the rape of a child to be more despicable than murder. At least the murder victim don't have to live with all the pain that a raped child has to endure. Good thought!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
What an imaginable and ingenious resoponse. sounds like you have thought about this one before, grimm.

I consider rape to be a form of theft, in more than one aspect. You have to be careful when making a blanket law like I did though... it sounds very cool... however: Define theft.

If I grab your arm, you keep you from leaving, because I wish to say something to you with you looking at me... am I guilty of stealing your freedom, and time? Have I assaulted you?

And no... I had given this no previous thought in this context. More like a compilation of ideas that at one point I thought... hey... this would be neat...

To add to my own list, I'd abolish government, and create as few laws as possible. They would be simple overarching laws--the definition of terms would be part of the communal database. I think it best to keep things simple and uncomplicated. I'm a big believer in free will, I think a person should be allowed to do anything they want, so long as they understand and pay the consequences... but my goal would be to set things up in such a way that it precludes the desire for evil things. Like greed... if everyone can know everything, and how to make or do everything, then bartering becomes merely trading for time convenience. Sure there are resource issues to contend with, however... with the means to teleport; gathering resources from other planets can be a fairly simple process. You'd literally have the universe at your fingertips, as it is discovered.

Punishment for beating animals as cassini listed above is a good idea too. However, I like to eat meat. It tastes good.... Tigers are beautiful animals. They sometimes attack humans. Turn-about is fair play. If there was never any violence, or chance of being hurt or injured... life would lose meaning, and become stale and boring. Docile wild animals would be boring. I would like one day to stand in the path of a charging wild boar with a spear in my hands... let the chips fall where they may.

I see little difference in changing people on an emotional/mental level and changing them on a physical level. Cutting out the things I enjoy because someone else deems it unacceptable would be like me requiring everyone to be skinny and have the color of hair I find pleasing. Again... you have to be careful because this is all value driven, and is subjective. One day we may live in a world where violence and such cease to exist, and we're all good and enjoy spending our days reading books under trees... but we deserve the right to experience the journey. To enjoy the road to it. To learn the hard way so we'll appreciate it more. I don't want to put training wheels on humanity, or perform lobotomies to get rid of parts of who we are. If we're all forced to behave the same way, there is no nobility. There is no authentic love because no one has a choice. You must experience a bad taste to appreciate just how nice a good one is. Pain to know the joys of pleasure. Hate to feel the power of love. (Some of this is in response to some of the other ideas I see out there... I thought I'd put my view here so there is no argument, and I'm not pushing it on someone who didn't want to read it.)

Reactions: Diep

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I consider rape to be a form of theft, in more than one aspect. You have to be careful when making a blanket law like I did though... it sounds very cool... however: Define theft.

If I grab your arm, you keep you from leaving, because I wish to say something to you with you looking at me... am I guilty of stealing your freedom, and time? Have I assaulted you?

And no... I had given this no previous thought in this context. More like a compilation of ideas that at one point I thought... hey... this would be neat...

To add to my own list, I'd abolish government, and create as few laws as possible. They would be simple overarching laws--the definition of terms would be part of the communal database. I think it best to keep things simple and uncomplicated. I'm a big believer in free will, I think a person should be allowed to do anything they want, so long as they understand and pay the consequences... but my goal would be to set things up in such a way that it precludes the desire for evil things. Like greed... if everyone can know everything, and how to make or do everything, then bartering becomes merely trading for time convenience. Sure there are resource issues to contend with, however... with the means to teleport; gathering resources from other planets can be a fairly simple process. You'd literally have the universe at your fingertips, as it is discovered.

Punishment for beating animals as cassini listed above is a good idea too. However, I like to eat meat. It tastes good.... Tigers are beautiful animals. They sometimes attack humans. Turn-about is fair play. If there was never any violence, or chance of being hurt or injured... life would lose meaning, and become stale and boring. Docile wild animals would be boring. I would like one day to stand in the path of a charging wild boar with a spear in my hands... let the chips fall where they may.

I see little difference in changing people on an emotional/mental level and changing them on a physical level. Cutting out the things I enjoy because someone else deems it unacceptable would be like me requiring everyone to be skinny and have the color of hair I find pleasing. Again... you have to be careful because this is all value driven, and is subjective. One day we may live in a world where violence and such cease to exist, and we're all good and enjoy spending our days reading books under trees... but we deserve the right to experience the journey. To enjoy the road to it. To learn the hard way so we'll appreciate it more. I don't want to put training wheels on humanity, or perform lobotomies to get rid of parts of who we are. If we're all forced to behave the same way, there is no nobility. There is no authentic love because no one has a choice. You must experience a bad taste to appreciate just how nice a good one is. Pain to know the joys of pleasure. Hate to feel the power of love. (Some of this is in response to some of the other ideas I see out there... I thought I'd put my view here so there is no argument, and I'm not pushing it on someone who didn't want to read it.)
Grim, I read it and enjoyed every word you wrote. You have a deep mind and can see things on a very broad scale. It is a pleasure to know you! However, I would not want to be near you when that "charging wild boar" was coming. I have no doubt that you would get him though.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts

You're not exactly an entj are ya?

·
Registered
23 Posts
No I"m not. I never said I was an ENTJ. Why would you think that? My profile clearly states that i am an ENFJ.

I think that may have sounded rude, but it was not intended to be.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
No I"m not. I never said I was an ENTJ. Why would you think that? My profile clearly states that i am an ENFJ.

I think that may have sounded rude, but it was not intended to be.
Just because your profile said you were an esfj. Plus this forum was tended towards entj's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oh I see. Yeah my profile was incorrect and I realized that when you said something so I apologise for any confusion, but I am definetly ENFJ. As far as me haning around the ENTJ forum goes I was just curious to see your type's response to this question.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Oh I see. Yeah my profile was incorrect and I realized that when you said something so I apologise for any confusion, but I am definetly ENFJ. As far as me haning around the ENTJ forum goes I was just curious to see your type's response to this question.
Oh I'm an infp.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.