Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it seems to be the general consensus around her that ENTP's tend to be pretty damn good at problem solving. Many ENTP types even tell me that they rarely will ask for help with solving a problem or puzzle of any sort. However, I am not so bad at problem solving, but many a time will give up too easily and ask for help because I often find myself not believing in myself to solve the puzzle. I don't know, maybe it's a lack of self esteem, but do any other 6 w 7 ENTP types have problems with problem solving?

Reactions: marzipan01

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, problem solving is easy, provided I can be bothered.

6w7.
Interesting. Now I'm more confused than ever about my type.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
You're looking at things wrong. There may be standards for each type, but that doesn't mean there aren't variations. A lot of times you'll like the same things other types do and hate things your type likes. Your thought process is what makes you a certain type. Your interests are what make you you.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I am not so bad at problem solving, but many a time will give up too easily and ask for help because I often find myself not believing in myself to solve the puzzle. I don't know, maybe it's a lack of self esteem, but do any other 6 w 7 ENTP types have problems with problem solving?
Okay, I have a possible interpretation of this problem. I might be wrong but I speculate that you're a 6w7 ENFP. Here me out on this idea for a second. ENFPs are usually type 4, 9, 7 and sometimes 2. But as a type 6 ENFP you would have more of a thinking focus as type 6's are trouble shooters of the enneagram and trust their heads over their hearts but it's an emotional kind of thinking that is usually associated with Te-Fi.

I imagine that types 6 and 7 ENFPs would have stronger Te than the average ENFP (because these are both head type motives rather than heart motives) and when type 6 is the dominant ennea-type, the ENFP would seek outside sources as a way of guiding them with Te because, being that they are predominantly a feeler, they would need help cultivating their Te and, thus, learn to look to others for help with their thinking function. Thus, we see the emergence of the ENFP type 6 problem arising because they would, in theory, learn to look to others to help them use their thinking function at first and they may, as a result, grow to mistakenly believe that they are unable to use Te without the help of others. And as long as they look to others for help with Te, they will never cultivate confidence in their ability to use the function on their own.

So, a hypothetical solution to this problem would be to simply try solving problems without the help of others and test it against reality. Although that may be Ti and this solution may be barking up the wrong tree so to speak.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I'm also pretty sure that like the Big 5, not all personality types are represented by the 16 types here. The 16 types are all well balanced, but I don't believe all humans are. That's why I'm sure you'll find people who end up having more introverted functions over extroverted ones and vice versa, along with certain functions not fully present, like having two intuitive functions at the expense of a thinking, feeling or sensing one. That's not to say they don't use them, just that none are their natural preference. Of course, these are just my beliefs and I have nothing to back them up with other than my own experience with people. In other words, what may make sense to me might be completely irrelevant to you.

Hooray for perspectives!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts