Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
ESFJ
642 Posts
It's rare that I get angry...I stay quiet and think rationally about what is causing the anger to find a way to fix it. I pretty much never act on it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I rarely respond to my own emotions.

It's funny when I get really angry and i'm completely by myself. Very rarely I get so angry that I want to throw something so I, logically, don't want to break anything of mine and I end up throwing something like a pillow, or a empty plastic bottle or something retarded like that. It's quite hilarious.

If you hurt me then you get cut off. No need for any action.

If i'm being "defensive" then i'll simply become condescending I suppose....I don't think I really am put in that position much anyways so I really can't be sure.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
It's funny when I get really angry and i'm completely by myself. Very rarely I get so angry that I want to throw something so I, logically, don't want to break anything of mine and I end up throwing something like a pillow, or a empty plastic bottle or something retarded like that. It's quite hilarious..
(dies laughing) I do the same thing. Have thrown a sock, a piece of gum... you get the point. What is the least destructive thing I can throw? Afterwards, you just wind up laughing at yourself.

·
Registered
ESFJ
642 Posts
lol I've done that too. Once I wanted to destroy something--I wanted to snap my flip cell phone in half--but I didn't because I would have had to explain it to my folks and it would look weak, imo, to have given into an impulse like that. So I beat up a pillow instead. :crazy:

·
Registered
733 Posts
I don't let intense negative emotions rule my behavior. They almost always lead to negative outcomes. I rather just analyze the situation, talk to others about it, and come back to it later. Sometimes I'm called unemotional because I don't react as someone "normally" would but its better that I don't.

A lot of people don't realize that "normal" emotional reaction isn't always right.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
lol I've done that too. Once I wanted to destroy something--I wanted to snap my flip cell phone in half--but I didn't because I would have had to explain it to my folks and it would look weak, imo, to have given into an impulse like that. So I beat up a pillow instead. :crazy:
And then you threw cotton balls on the floor and stomped on them. Admit it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
(dies laughing) I do the same thing. Have thrown a sock, a piece of gum... you get the point. What is the least destructive thing I can throw? Afterwards, you just wind up laughing at yourself.
LMAO. I know, isn't it ridiculous. The great thing about it though is that as ENTP's we focus on the future even when we are feeling intense emotions, which is great. I imagine a sensing type in the same situation would smash they're room to bit. But we're like: Well I won't feel like cleaning that up, or I don't wanna break that I like that ...haha...Once I threw my phone after I hung it up and was angry, but I practically calculated the force of the throw and threw it to the most deliberate spot so it wouldn't break.

Oh...us.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is really interesting. I asked the same question in the ENFP forum and it seems with them there's a lot of outward expression of feelings that they don't always understand, while ENTPs don't tend to act on or express their feelings, but are usually able to figure out what they are and where they're coming from.

I recently had a conflict situation with a friend who is a feeler and it was a perfect example of our differences in action. I was mad because I thought he was being an ass. I had to talk to like 10 people about why I was justified in feeling that he was an ass to be sure that they too reached the same conclusion. Once I'd talked through the situation enough, I was able to come to the conclusion that my anger was indeed am appropriate emotional response. Then I was like "dude, you're being and ass". I said my peace and was kind of over it at that point. He stewed about this for hours and then exploded--we're talking like crazy out of control yelling nonsense. I just let it roll of though, because I knew I was right. But then again, I always am ;-)

I used to question whether I might be an ENFP, but I think it's pretty clear that's not the case/

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I usually don't get angry, only amused, interested, or roused, which is followed by me looking for solutions or a workaround. I'll only get frustrated when my ability for finding solutions or fresh approaches are restricted or hampered.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I usually don't get angry, only amused, interested, or roused, which is followed by me looking for solutions or a workaround. I'll only get frustrated when my ability for finding solutions or fresh approaches are restricted or hampered.
I go along with that to a certain degree as well. Instead of getting angry at a lot of stuff, I just rather find it funny a second later.

I rarely ever get angry.When I do, I tend to want to talk to someone about it or write about it and just kind of rant until it's out of my system. Or just take a walk or a drive to alleviate the tension. Or just listen to music for a while and calm myself down. I don't get physically angry very often, and when I do I just tend to pace.

However, when I get seriously angry about something, then it's a bit harder to control. Then I usually start yelling all over the place, not necessarily people though. I don't tend to throw stuff, I just tend to walk, run, pace, something that involves my whole body.

I'm glad I am a thinker, because if I was a feeler I think I'd have a really bad temper and be a timebomb of anger issues, lol.

·
Banned
2,116 Posts
I like to think that all my emotions are in a little box at the back of my mind with an "In Case of Emergency" sticker across the front.

When I'm really mad/upset/whatever, I can't help but think about what happens after I'm better again. Don't make me break this toothpick. :angry:

Reactions: starwars

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
LMAO. I know, isn't it ridiculous. The great thing about it though is that as ENTP's we focus on the future even when we are feeling intense emotions, which is great. I imagine a sensing type in the same situation would smash they're room to bit. But we're like: Well I won't feel like cleaning that up, or I don't wanna break that I like that ...haha...Once I threw my phone after I hung it up and was angry, but I practically calculated the force of the throw and threw it to the most deliberate spot so it wouldn't break.

Oh...us.
I've beat up several "unable to break" pillows and thrown my phone in several "non-damaging" places. :wink::crazy:

Reactions: starwars

·
Registered
722 Posts
I've beat up several "unable to break" pillows and thrown my phone in several "non-damaging" places. :wink::crazy:
Let's not forget the mattress. It's the perfect place to flip out on and when your done you can doze off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ha this thread made me laugh several times. I've never really thought about how I act when it comes to anger; but you guys (obviously I suppose) echo what I do. I analyze the hell out of any situation (something I wrongly thought everyone did, and some just react explosively anyway). I've wanted to throw things before only not to because I thought I don't wana break this. My mattress has helped A Lot.. Things have nicely bounced into the covers on my bed before, to my amusement then it dissolves away.

People at my work say I'm the most laid back guy there, as we deal with customers on the phone, a lot of my colleagues get really mad sometimes but I never do; I can't justify another person that I don't even know getting me mad, it's just not worth the energy.

I also get told I'm cold emotionally by my girlfriend when we argue, but she's an ISFJ so I have many replies in store for her when she does :crazy:

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Angry - I can vary depending on the person. If I'm close to them I'll explain my anger and sometimes rant about what happened. If I'm not close to them I do little things to show them I'm annoyed, but usually just act cold.

Defensive - I retreat and don't say much except what is needed (alot of one or two word answers to questions) or I reply with another question.

Hurt - I avoid the thing that hurt me and think about how to fix what happened and if it can be fixed.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I choose to rationalize the situation and understand what has made me angry and why it has done so. I also do this when a close friend or an acquaintance comes to me to rant about something .. it helps a lot, as they say I'm right about my response... then they come back for more help if they happen to need it... -_-

1 - 20 of 47 Posts