Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me to understand this correctly. Could one say that ENTP`s are seen as the visionaries and intellectual because of their ability to make decisions based on logic?

My second question is: Does it therefore mean that all of the ENTP´s posting in this forum are Mensa material with IQ´s above 132-134??

I am not here to compare peoples IQ but I can say right now that I do not have a Mensa-membership-IQ-level (even if I suspect my IQ is above the 85 percentile). In addition I do not enjoy mathematics or physics even if I did quite well in other forms of science (e.g. chemistry, biochemistry, pathophysiology).

Sometimes I suspect grades in elementary schoold/upper seocondary school were in some part related to short attention span and the lack of interest in boring details. In addition, once you get the point, why repeat the same stuff over again when there is so much other interesting things to explore?!

Pretty new in this forum. Any comments to a curious mind?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Intelligence has nothing to do with type. Intellectualism (you could argue) has to do with type.

I would say, yes, ENTPs generally use logic to make decisions. However, being logical does not make you highly intelligent at all. And even it did, your type indicates your preference for logic, not necessarily your actual ability at being logical.

That said, ENTPs don't have to like or be good at science, math, etc. I suck at math because its too boring for me to focus on. You could take a "visionary" approach and apply it to anything, and you have to think of your type in that context. It's interesting to look at the multiple intelligences quiz at mypersonality.info and connect it to your type: you take a given approach (your type) to a given skill (your intelligence).

So, don't get hung up on stereotypes about ENTPs. If you really think you're an ENTP, you probably are. :proud:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Well you see, 70% of the world is not educated. So no matter how good the percent is , one must understand that in the rest 30% the iq is a lot higher. so being in the 3 top per cent makes you one in ten people of educated countries... that's not all that special.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha..great answers!

Thanks. I am much smarter now.:happy:

Pretty sure about my type ENTP. Had some doubts about the T..if this should be an F since one less "reliable" test showed this. But no way I fit the emotional ENFP type, its just not my preference.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Demian, what population was the IQ test validated on? You will reference yourself against the educational level in that population, not in the world as a whole.

I'm not that sold on IQ scores as anything useful mind you, just being a pedant :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Well it's a conception that is created by all tests that say "You're withing X % of population" . Population is the whole humankind.I'm sleepy buhbye!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Help me to understand this correctly. Could one say that ENTP`s are seen as the visionaries and intellectual because of their ability to make decisions based on logic?

My second question is: Does it therefore mean that all of the ENTP´s posting in this forum are Mensa material with IQ´s above 132-134??

I am not here to compare peoples IQ but I can say right now that I do not have a Mensa-membership-IQ-level (even if I suspect my IQ is above the 85 percentile). In addition I do not enjoy mathematics or physics even if I did quite well in other forms of science (e.g. chemistry, biochemistry, pathophysiology).

Sometimes I suspect grades in elementary schoold/upper seocondary school were in some part related to short attention span and the lack of interest in boring details. In addition, once you get the point, why repeat the same stuff over again when there is so much other interesting things to explore?!

Well, you have to understand that IQ has nothing to do with knowledge.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, you have to understand that IQ has nothing to do with knowledge.
Good point! Could not agree more. Who needs IQ anyway:confused:

I say as Socrates: "As for me, all I know is that I know nothing".:shocked:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Most would rather say they don't know enough. You need a taste to keep searching after all.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

I stand corrected:dry:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

I stand corrected:dry:
"The stupid quote quotes, the smart coin them" - don't really remember, but it's fun to post it everywhere:D although it does make me one of you

·
Banned
998 Posts
One thing that makes us ENTPs unique is that we tend to be far more intelligent than most other people and we have excellent social skills to go along with it. It is for that reason that we are so good at starting businesses. The combination of our intelligence, social skills and Ne makes us leaders at starting new businesses (as businesses that provide a new type of product).

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

Yeah, type has nothing to do with intelligence.

My IQ is pretty high, but I don't really put a lot of stock in it. Its pretty worthless to me actually. I too hate math, but I am a biology major.

You also have to keep in mind that there are different kinds of intelligence and IQ does not measure all of them. My ESTJ father is a retired general contractor, so he's basically a geometry whiz. He can figure out the right angle to cut a board to make it fit a certain way almost automatically. It would take me forever to figure that out and probably several trial and error runs to do it.

BUT, my father also failed biology....3 times. He never graduated from college. I'm probably going to end up with at least a masters in the exact subject that he simply cannot grasp. I love it, and I understand it instantly.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"The stupid quote quotes, the smart coin them" - don't really remember, but it's fun to post it everywhere:D although it does make me one of you
And easy for the lazy people..:happy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts