Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some sources on internet say, engineering field is mostly dominated INTPs and then ENTPs.

For some reasons i feel, Engineering is highly suitable and highly interesting field for ENTPs.
In a way it fully utilizes all your functions. Getting ideas , working on solutions, its like putting your intellect on full throttle.
Cant speak for INTP's because i am an ENTP.

Some sources say, ENTP engineers are rare, but are highly successful and highly talented engineers in the industry.

Your experience as an engineer. You would love to share.
For seniors, how was your journey. What you love about engineers and engineering.
Some interesting projects you worked you would like to share.
You have your own firm like an entrepreneur, or work in some other, what's your story ? - Highly interested to know.

My major was Computer Engineering. Please list your major also.

·
Banned
998 Posts
I got one year left in Material Engineering. I started my energy consulting company this summer, so I'll be set once I graduate.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I'm not ENTP, but there's an ENTP I know that's in mechanical engineering. For his current position, he's on a product development team so he's basically looking at current products and creatively coming up with ways to improve them to make them more efficient. He really enjoys it because he can be creative with it and he travels a lot. The only thing he hates is that the VP makes them work 14 hour days so it minimizes his time for a social life.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I'm majoring in ECE. I start classes in a week, so I'll let you know then...

I wouldn't think that the majority of engineers are necessarily xNTPs, though. I have no doubt that there are plenty of xSTJs in the field -- hence the boring nerd stereotype. Engineers may be nerds, but we're not all boring! Well, maybe...

·
Banned
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ECE - is an awesome field. One of the smartest people go there.

Off course we are not boring.. Engineers rock !!

·
Banned
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
------------------------------------------------
A. Efficacy of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator for Characterizing Engineering Students

While the results of this study cannot be said to formally validate the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator as either a personality type or learning style assessment tool for engineering students, many of them are consistent with expectations based on type theory [41:

Intuitors performed significantly better than sensors in courses with a high level of abstract content, and the contrary was observed in courses of a more practical nature.

Thinkers consistently outperformed feelers in the relatively impersonal environment of the engineering curriculum, and feelers were more likely to drop out of the curriculum even if they were doing well academically.

Faced with the heavy time demands of the curriculum and the corresponding need to manage their time carefully, judgers consistently outperformed perceivers.

Extraverts reacted more positively than introverts when first confronted with the requirement that they work in groups on homework.

The majority of sensors intended to work as engineers in large corporations while a much higher percentage of intuitors planned to work either for small companies or to go to graduate school and work in research.

* Intuitors were three times more likely than sensors to give themselves top ratings for creative problem-solving ability and to place a high value on doing creative and innovative work in their careers.

* Feelers placed a higher value on doing socially important or beneficial work in their careers than thinkers did.

* As seniors, 14% of the perceivers and none of the judgers planned to take a year off following graduation before committing themselves to a career direction.

Source : effects of personality type on engineering student performance and attitudes, The - page 14 | Journal of Engineering Education
----------------------------------------------------------

·
Banned
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Some interesting videos

----------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

This guy is an Engineer and Seems like an ENTP. He's Funny.

Marketing to engineers

Oscars

Superman and Thermodynamics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts