Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does smoking marijuana make you guys go crazy with ideas? I'm not a "stoner" but I have smoked marijuana quite a few times and I had noticed that my creative ideas popped into my head at a more rapid rate than usual.

Also, on the down side whenever I smoked marijuana I just wanted to be alone and research things on the internet the entire time. Some may not consider that a down side but I do. I need to be with people and share my ideas with them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ya it helps me think.

Im hyper as fuck when i dont smoke so it kinda keeps me outta "trouble" as well lol

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
Water Towers: We were driving on a decently long car ride to get some Ribs. I saw a water tower, and I wondered why a water tower exists/do they actually hold water?

I came to the conclusion that water towers are nothing but a big joke, a joke played on anyone who calls it a water tower. I don't think that they hold any water, when an argument, or an idea do not hold any water, it has no substance.

Make a large tower that doesn't hold any water, but call it a water tower, and you've got a joke.

I don't smoke often, my revelations while on it are generally nonsense, but the ride is enjoyable. Occasionally I get a gem.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Marijuana causes me to go completely insane with absurd ideas. They flow from me effusively into the ears of any and all around me, and after each idea is reacted to, I am crippled with laughter based on the response.

Sometimes on the flip side I can get extremely paranoid and I'll start to reject reality. I once convinced myself that the real me was a guy in a coma and that I was about to wake up any second. I was freaking out and telling all my friends goodbye and that I'd try to remember them upon waking. That was probably the highest I'd ever been though.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
It turns me into a sensor. I don't get any ideas, my mind is blank, I'm completely in the here and now, and my sense of taste is heightened 1000 fold. Couldn't be high all the time, but every once in awhile it's great to see the world for what it is, rather than what it could be.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Now that I have no tolerance anymore, I'm pretty positive if I were to smoke weed my mind would be flooded with idea after idea and I'd be dead quiet externally. Despite how much I like smoking it with friends, I can't be high around friends because I dont speak much. If I start smoking daily like used to then I'll be able to function pretty much like normal, but my whole demeanor shifts. I stop being the care-free extrovert and start to act like an introverted sensor. It's pretty fun though. I usually start playing music, drawing, or juggling a lot more.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Water Towers: We were driving on a decently long car ride to get some Ribs. I saw a water tower, and I wondered why a water tower exists/do they actually hold water?

I came to the conclusion that water towers are nothing but a big joke, a joke played on anyone who calls it a water tower. I don't think that they hold any water, when an argument, or an idea do not hold any water, it has no substance.

Make a large tower that doesn't hold any water, but call it a water tower, and you've got a joke.

I don't smoke often, my revelations while on it are generally nonsense, but the ride is enjoyable. Occasionally I get a gem.
I never thought about it like a joke, but I always wondered myself what the point of fucking water towers would happen to be. Still haven't figured it out. :dry:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I hate drugs..

Reactions: TheJuanTopete

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I hate drugs..
Did you have a bad experience? Or is this bc you're a doctor? Some other reason?

For me, I get good ideas high or sober – though I smoke daily so sober is a relative term lol. I like to smoke because it helps me focus... and it also helps me with my depression/knee pain/nausea. It doesn't cause me to have a shitty memory, but it helps me to ignore all the bs that isn't necessary in my head.

I have noticed that when I'm high I seem to make connections/find patterns that I might normally have missed... which I guess could help generate ideas.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I know one ENTP who smokes and is into trying other drugs and has several friends who are the same. He gets a bit crazier when he is high. I'm sure he generates new ideas but from what I've seen he is unable to bring them into being and tie them into his reality somehow, so to me it seems like doing drugs for him is mainly a waste of his health and does more harm than good for him. But then I know about another ENTP who smokes weed and he is actually able to bring his ideas into the real plane - he is a Nobel Prize winner, he grows his own stuff and is very much fond of it.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
It's fun to have an alternate way of thinking.

I have two kinds of high. I have some highs were I'm just lost in ideas and I'm usually... almost always with my ENTP best friend and he's the exact same kind of high as myself ( Which I love because it's hard to find people with the same kind of high as yourself ) and we just go. Complete Ne mode if I had to compare it to anything. Just or brains coming up with and creating new ideas and going, going, going, going. We get deep, we get hilarious, we open doors, we come up with things we've never thought of before.

We could, however, just be too high to realize we're making obvious statements, but we don't care we're having fun. ;)

Then I have my cave-man high. Where all I want is food and Adventure Time, Regular Show, Tosh.0, It's Always Sunny, or anything equally hilarious as I blast music and stuff my face. In this mode I'm all about the actual experience and I need to milk it "physically", would be the best word. As in I need to do something I can actually experience rather than just think about.

... It's a lot harder to explain than I thought.

But, that's the jist, I suppose.

I'm not really sure what the question was, kinda just decided to explain my high.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Did you have a bad experience? Or is this bc you're a doctor? Some other reason?

For me, I get good ideas high or sober – though I smoke daily so sober is a relative term lol. I like to smoke because it helps me focus... and it also helps me with my depression/knee pain/nausea. It doesn't cause me to have a shitty memory, but it helps me to ignore all the bs that isn't necessary in my head.

I have noticed that when I'm high I seem to make connections/find patterns that I might normally have missed... which I guess could help generate ideas.
I have been dead drunk on more than one occasion..and I also more than once fu...up myself when drunk.... I have learned my lessons (something I believe most will do sooner or later if they get high/drunk).

Never been a very regular drinker though and the last years I am close to abstinence. I prefer to keep a clear head in most situations. When it comes to drugs I never tried. Possible is Marijuana milder form of drugs(??) and is also used for medical reasons.

My problem is that I think life has so much to offer as sober/drug-free and I think drugs/alcohol has too many negatives. So whats the point of sedating your mind and senses? Natural high is so much better..

Yes, as a doctor i find it little difficult to treat an addict and later go home to get busted myself. In addition I think adults should be good role-models..how else can the young people be thought good values?

The reactions you get if you deny a drink is almost worse than swearing in church. So socially it can be a challenge. I do not know how this is for Marijuana but I got impression that at least in USA it is quite common among young and adult people so guess there is some group-pressure for smoking it??

·
Registered
749 Posts
My problem is that I think life has so much to offer as sober/drug-free and I think drugs/alcohol has too many negatives. So whats the point of sedating your mind and senses? Natural high is so much better..
I'm not trying to deride you here, I'm just sort of sharing my general alcohol related revelations with whomever happens to read. "To each their own," I say.

I have been sober a while now even though I do miss drinking especially since finding out that it doesn't kill brain cells. Man, I thought I drank a lot when I did think it killed brain cells. Seriously, Google it, you've been lied to your entire life about alcohol. People who drink and avoid alcoholism also live longer.

Discovery Health "Alcohol Kills Brain Cells"

^Title is slightly misleading...

And yes I know that syndromes like wet brain are very real, but they aren't the result of dead brain cells. If you allow your brain time to recover from a night on the town you'll be fine.

Heavy Drinkers Outlive Nondrinkers, Study Finds - TIME

Everything I've found out about drinking has shown that as long as you avoid alcoholism and the accidents and legal troubles that can come about, then your life should be augmented with a greater social life and more friends. I haven't drank because of legal reasons, but as far as living goes, I don't think you've lived until you've been arrested for doing something completely reckless and stupid because you were drunk, but that's just me I guess. I've always wanted both the highs and the lows out of life, and a big part of that is rolling the dice.

I know a lot of people say, "You don't need alcohol to have fun, just go skydiving or something or etc.," and they're right, you don't need alcohol to have fun, but what I've found is that with alcohol you can have more fun. If you think skydiving is fun, why not try it drunk?? :wink:

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I have been dead drunk on more than one occasion..and I also more than once fu...up myself when drunk.... I have learned my lessons (something I believe most will do sooner or later if they get high/drunk).

Never been a very regular drinker though and the last years I am close to abstinence. I prefer to keep a clear head in most situations. When it comes to drugs I never tried. Possible is Marijuana milder form of drugs(??) and is also used for medical reasons.

Yes, as a doctor i find it little difficult to treat an addict and later go home to get busted myself. In addition I think adults should be good role-models..how else can the young people be thought good values?

The reactions you get if you deny a drink is almost worse than swearing in church. So socially it can be a challenge. I do not know how this is for Marijuana but I got impression that at least in USA it is quite common among young and adult people so guess there is some group-pressure for smoking it??
I would definitely say Marijuana is generally milder, but each person's experience will differ. Also, I experience natural highs still, too...

I find that being a responsible adult, going to school/working/paying bills/etc., and also being a responsible marijuana smoker is being a good role model. There are thousands of alcohol and tobacco related deaths a year... marijuana has zero. Not saying you have to like it or want to do it or approve of it, but people seriously have to recognize that it a safe and comparable alternative for responsible users. :laughing:

Reactions: StandingTiger

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have terrible trips from just weed. To the point where I will see my friends faces morph into grotesque figures and tell me that I am getting too close to reality. Then they proceed to tell me that they will kidnap me and eat me. I know it is probably not real so I just sit there trying to ignore this and remain calm. If the hallucinations get too intense, I calmly ask my friend straight if he just claimed to want to eat me. This makes the hallucinations take a step back, but it obviously does not make me very social. The paranoia is just too intense for me so I no longer touch the stuff, even if it gave me some great rides once upon a time.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I use it alot, but I needed a break because it tends to kill motivation and gets me anxious, but any activity (or nearly any) is more enjoyable while high, as long as you don't abuse it.

e: wow how the **** did I get here

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Shit only gets fucked up when you allow yourself to lose control.

Personally, I hate when people have something bad happen to them and then they try to preach to the rest of the world how horrible it is just 'cause they fucked up.

I know my limits and I always fuck around in safe situations, as much as an oxymoron as that may sound, so I'm pretty good. Yeah, shit still happens, but that's the case whether you're sober or not.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I have terrible trips from just weed. To the point where I will see my friends faces morph into grotesque figures and tell me that I am getting too close to reality. Then they proceed to tell me that they will kidnap me and eat me. I know it is probably not real so I just sit there trying to ignore this and remain calm. If the hallucinations get too intense, I calmly ask my friend straight if he just claimed to want to eat me. This makes the hallucinations take a step back, but it obviously does not make me very social. The paranoia is just too intense for me so I no longer touch the stuff, even if it gave me some great rides once upon a time.
Also.

Not to push you into anything, but that was either laced... because I've never heard of that, or you smoked waaay too much.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts