Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! The past year I got a depression which really sucked : / I got over it, but what stayed were these anxiety attacks. Before moving on to examples, I need to address the following. Before the depression, I loved movies and Filmmaking. They were my passion. I could never get tired of them. When I got the depression, I started to get these attacks every time I watched a movie. I thought it was just a one time deal but no it kept on coming back. Basically what I feel is this feeling in the back of my head where I'm always asking myself "When will this movie end," and "I need to get out of here," etc etc. I don't really think it's boredom because it happens too when really Comic books and watching T.V. It has really affected who I am because basically everyone knows me as "The Movie Guy" and when someone ask me, how was this movie, I have to lie to them because I could not really enjoy the movie. I'm wondering if any of you have had any sort of anxiety attacks when doing something you love, or anything related to anxiety. Any sort of feedback will help. Thanks!

·
Banned
450 Posts
Increase your intake of Magnesium. This can be done orally, but the best way is trans-dermal. I recommend Epsom Salt body/foot baths several times a week. If you wish to learn more, simply do a Google search about the symptoms of Mg deficiencies.

·
Registered
32 Posts
For once, I don't have any flat out advice. But I wanted to let you know you aren't alone out there. I went through a similar bizarre episode and I'm still unsure why. I just slowly slid downward until my work life started to really fall apart. I literally started to move at half speed. Doctors ran oodles of tests and had a ton of random theories...lots of pills, meh. It just kept getting worse until full on hallucinatory anxiety attacks made even getting to work hard (I kept hearing the subway fill with water). I got fired and used that as the motivation to change every aspect of my life, but still had attacks for almost a year. I eventually went to see a psychologist (really excellent no-bullshit type who didn't do any of that fluffy faux caring about me stuff). I recovered in another 6 months. I don't know if it was the therapy or just that I was already on the up swing. Hmm. I suppose that does him even more credit because how could I fully trust something I didn't believe I'd done myself? Anyway, in the mean time, embrace change. Go ahead and tell your friends you're taking a break from movies. Cleansing your palate if you will. :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hey everyone! The past year I got a depression which really sucked : / I got over it, but what stayed were these anxiety attacks. Before moving on to examples, I need to address the following. Before the depression, I loved movies and Filmmaking. They were my passion. I could never get tired of them. When I got the depression, I started to get these attacks every time I watched a movie. I thought it was just a one time deal but no it kept on coming back. Basically what I feel is this feeling in the back of my head where I'm always asking myself "When will this movie end," and "I need to get out of here," etc etc. I don't really think it's boredom because it happens too when really Comic books and watching T.V. It has really affected who I am because basically everyone knows me as "The Movie Guy" and when someone ask me, how was this movie, I have to lie to them because I could not really enjoy the movie. I'm wondering if any of you have had any sort of anxiety attacks when doing something you love, or anything related to anxiety. Any sort of feedback will help. Thanks!

Basically you have these consciousness weights on you. you're taking in all these thoughts but you need to learn to channel them, it's difficult, but it will become easier with time. Be careful of learning too much, learn at a steady pace, and always 'clean the palate' by engaging in walks, baths, meditation connecting with the self.. that sort of things.. find the root of your anxiety and face it. It won't be easy but it is better then shutting of your emotions, emotions are hard for an entp to control because we rely on intuition and thinking, but it's very important to understand the difference between fi and fe as i so often hear on these forums :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
I went through this exact thing hahaha. I'd get panic attacks fairly often and it sunk me into this depression where I didn't do anything because I thought "what if I have a panic attack." My panic attacks really stopped me from going out because they seemed so overwhelming to me who wants to be in public feeling like every second they're going to faint, everything's spinning and they're hearts pounding rapidly. However in time i got over the attacks and my self help method was to no longer struggle against the attacks. Instead I would convince myself I wanted to have a panic attack it seemed like the more I struggled against it the more scared I got and that just made things worse. I hope things get better for you panic attacks can really hinder you from doing what you want and make you stop enjoying things.

I still get leery about movie theaters just like you do I had my second real sober attack inside of one but I just stick it out and if the movie is good enough the thought doesn't even enter my head. It gets better with time like everything else. I still sometimes pace around my house feeling the adrenaline pumping egging on the panic attack in my head and so far no major ones since then.

Reactions: lukz
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.